Mrs. Ritchie/Housewifedonna Appreciation Thread

loowee

best reinvention?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Did you love her persona back then?

• YAS! She was acting her age!
    • NO! M-dolla>>>>>>

I don't consider Music to be part of the "Lady of the manor" era. It's more like a transitional phase. I love the albums we got, i love love American life but image wise it's awful. The videos were atrocious even American Life, good ideas but bad execution hence why there are so many versions, Hollywood is a mess even though i adore the parts where she's sitting on the tv set, Love profusion is atrocious, it looks like a commercial for a toilet bowl freshener. R&R, Gap commercial, the children books, the adidas trainers, CHRISTIAN AUDIGIER clothes ( to me that's her nadir), Sorry video, Vogue portfolio....During that time the only times i saw a glimpse of former Madonna imagewise were the Mert and Marcus pics for Pop, the Die another day video, Confessions tour, W spreads 2003/2006

It was actually used for an Estee Lauder perfume ad. Not the video itself, but the idea and music.

Guest Pud Whacker

shopping for home appliances

1zw1dl5.jpg

never saw that! its marvelous!!!

imagine running into madonna at bed, bath and beyond! :rotfl:

never saw that! its marvelous!!!

imagine running into madonna at bed, bath and beyond! :rotfl:

I did with Siouxsie Sioux in Toulouse when she lived in South of France, one day i went to Midica ( a local store like Bed, bath & Beyond) to buy a pasta strainer and there she was looking at plates. I told this to a friend who was a fan of hers and he told me she was addicted to that shop. I think she divorced a year later and moved out of there, i understand the feeling, i stayed 4 months and i was bored out of my mind (even though i lived there as a teen). I still have that green strainer and i hear "Happy house" in my head each time i use it.

Guest Pud Whacker

I did with Siouxsie Sioux in Toulouse when she lived in South of France, one day i went to Midica ( a local store like Bed, bath & Beyond) to buy a pasta strainer and there she was looking at plates. I told this to a friend who was a fan of hers and he told me she was addicted to that shop. I think she divorced a year later and moved out of there, i understand the feeling, i stayed 4 months and i was bored out of my mind (even though i lived there as a teen). I still have that green strainer and i hear "Happy house" in my head each time i use it.

wow, thats cool. love siouxsie!!!

^ I love her too because besides Madonna, Debbie Harry, and Bjork she is my other favorite female artist with a great discography.

Did she look like a wreck or good in person? Did you say anything to the goth queen?

m268g.jpg

Uhh, hate those shooting photos of Madonna. This is one time where I do think she was too influenced by fitting in with the Lady of the Manor image to please Guy Ritchie. Does not suit her in the slightest.

I put this otherwise sweet pic as an exhibit for the awful choice of footwear during those years

la_catalina_boat1.jpg

I can't tell if those are scrubs, or Buddhist monk convent garments.

Just for the record, I loved the work during those times (even if it wasn't always her best)....but it's the 'persona'/personal life/image that we're picking on, and it really comes into perspective now. And her latest interviews (and lyrics) basically explain it all.

To say her return to what feels like her artistic/self-expressive roots is somehow a regression because she supposedly preferred her married English life is just downright silly. If she loved that life so much, if that's who she truly is....then why didn't she stay there and maintain that lifestyle and image long after the divorce?

^ I love her too because besides Madonna, Debbie Harry, and Bjork she is my other favorite female artist with a great discography.

Did she look like a wreck or good in person? Did you say anything to the goth queen?

My comment made me check on my friend on Facebook who is a big fan. The thing is i was sure i had seen that woman somewhere before but i did not think about such an icon, i was not in Paris or London but in a city in south west of France, she looked ok, her eyes were familiar, she has piercing blue eyes, she did not wear outrageous make up or had a special hairdo. I lived in this city from 10 to 17 and i had to move back because my mom was ill (after 4 months i moved her to Paris because i could not stay there anymore) so i thought that maybe she was one of my teachers from HS and then it hit me. I though that maybe the banshees were in town for a concert and got very excited, i had no other explanation for her presence there otherwise, growing up there i saw Lenny Kravitz shopping for records at a friend's cousin store or found myself in the same changing cabin as Thom York at the local Agnes B store (if you know Agnes B you know that their policy is to have just one big changing cabin to share) but they were in town for a concert. I called this friend from HS who was a big Siouxsie & Cure fan and asked him about the concert. He told me there was no concert and that she lived in a small village on the outskirts of Toulouse called (drum roll) Condom. And yes it was her because friends already saw her there and talked to her, she was very friendly and engaging. Apparenty and contrary to what i said earlier my friend told me she still lives there with a young boyfriend and it's like a farm in the middle of nowhere. She's still in her "Guy Ritchie years" :laugh:

Guest Rachelle of London

Some of you carry on like madonna today walks around wearing a corset and thong around New York City. She still wears her tracksuits, her hats and her floral dresses. She loves a floral dress look at some of her paparazzi shots from back in the 80s. These looks are just as much a part of Madonna as the lace gloves and leotards. The von Dutch cap has just been replaced by those black trousers with the shredded ends and the black, grey and white scarf combo. Her "off duty" style hasn't changed much at all.

In regards to shooting I agree with Madonna when she was interviewed with Jo Whiley back in the day. If you're going to eat meat, or wear fur then it's important to know where it came from. Unfortunately killing the animal is part of the process.

Some of you carry on like madonna today walks around wearing a corset and thong around New York City. She still wears her tracksuits, her hats and her floral dresses. She loves a floral dress look at some of her paparazzi shots from back in the 80s. These looks are just as much a part of Madonna as the lace gloves and leotards. The von Dutch cap has just been replaced by those black trousers with the shredded ends and the black, grey and white scarf combo. Her "off duty" style hasn't changed much at all.

In regards to shooting I agree with Madonna when she was interviewed with Jo Whiley back in the day. If you're going to eat meat, or wear fur then it's important to know where it came from. Unfortunately killing the animal is part of the process.

Agreed. She's always looked good in floral dresses too.

I think we're more condemning the uptight tweed/ matronly dresses/buckled shoes style of those days. You have to agree that she was dressing like a white middle aged kindergarten teacher back then.

She has become much more chic since her Briton phase. And it was a phase, just like her bombshell phase, just like her eastern spiritual mother phase, just like her geisha phase. Difference is that the Briton phase lasted years, the other looks lasted a year at most. She was deeply immersed in English culture. It was cute at first but began to look pretty unflattering after awhile, especially coupled with the humorless, uptight vibes she was all of a sudden giving off.

Just my take on it.