Mrs. Ritchie/Housewifedonna Appreciation Thread

loowee

best reinvention?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Did you love her persona back then?

• YAS! She was acting her age!
    • NO! M-dolla>>>>>>

She did look radiant and beautiful most of the time, specially in that pink Versace dress at the Grammys

Was the end of this drawn-out era their joint appearance at Cannes '08 for IABWA?

Madonna-struck-pose-I-Am-Because-We-prem

Madonna-amfARsCinemaAgainstAIDS08_Vettri

Oh yes. Then there was the mega awkward premiere of Sherlock Holmes (I think?) in September of '08 right as the tour started where Madonna showed up in black looking all S&S/ Hard Candy, and barely even let him hold her arm down the red carpet. The body language screamed "over" :lol:

Then a month later the divorce announcement came and this forum blew up. Will never forget 2008 and what a crazy year that was to be a Madonna fan. 2012 was equally crazy, and 2015 is looking to be the same. Each album cycle has been pretty much madness since 2008.

And don't forget her work as Princess Selenia on Arthur & The Invisibles

MO243X.jpg

Feel like I'm the only one who actually misses dick guy ritchie years if reflecting back on them. Some of those years were some of the highlights of my personal fandom. I still associate HC with a downturn in M, but MDNA and even more so RH are mostly amazing. No specific era was perfect for M, but some of them come darn close!

Oh yes. Then there was the mega awkward premiere of Sherlock Holmes (I think?) in September of '08 right as the tour started where Madonna showed up in black looking all S&S/ Hard Candy, and barely even let him hold her arm down the red carpet. The body language screamed "over" :lol:

Then a month later the divorce announcement came and this forum blew up. Will never forget 2008 and what a crazy year that was to be a Madonna fan. 2012 was equally crazy, and 2015 is looking to be the same. Each album cycle has been pretty much madness since 2008.

article-1218987-027CD67000000578-197_468

I just love divorcedonna S&S marathon personna

Miles away says a lot about their relationship

They divorced in May right?

And the news came in october if i am correct

So M had just adopted david , made hard candy , had a divorce , lanched an album and prepared for ther biggest tour at the same time

How can u not admire her?

I completely forgot I purchased the audio for some of her children's books on iTunes,her voice was soothing!Madonna reading you an actual bedtime story :)

On S&S didn't she once introduced Miles Away as the song for the 'emotionally retarted'

I think the premiere was for Rocknrolla. Sherlock Holmes I think came out after the divorce. I remember reading Sean Penn said about Sherlock Holmes 'Guy Ritchie is back!' That was weird, didn't understand what that comment was all about!

Guest ziggy

Thank god for Hard Candy. The bitch was back.

To me, the Estha years ended with COADF (and started roughly around DAD & the children's books - I don't consider Music to be a part of the Esther mindset). COADF brought my bitch back in full force. My sighs of relief were countless when I saw her loosen up again, and recharge her image with bold attitude and sexuality. I remember it like yesterday. She was firing on all cylinders.

Hard Candy... Meh. Generic and bland on her standard, and so was her gym-soaked image. And then she took the gym act even further with MDNA, of course.

To me, the Estha years ended with COADF (and started roughly around DAD & the children's books - I don't consider Music to be a part of the Esther mindset). COADF brought my bitch back in full force. My sighs of relief were countless when I saw her loosen up again, and recharge her image with bold sexuality and wild attitude. I remember it like yesterday. She was firing on all cylinders.

Hard Candy... Meh. Generic and bland on her standard, and so was her gym-soaked image. And then she took the gym act even further with MDNA, of course.

I'm not sure if the leotard outfit ended Esther because her Confessions era interviews were so boring and predictable and the Esther persona trait was still very evident. To me Esther died when her booty was getting down like ugh at the S&S Tour. She was looking rough but at least we knew she was going through a transitional phase in her life (divorce+menopause = a big mess).

:manson: What an absolutely DUMB thing to say, I can't even with this shit.

Why would it be dumb?

Do you have any facts to prove otherwise?

Whats dumb is you calling yourself a goddess. Get off your fucking high horse and know that there's plenty you may not know about the queen of pop.

Why would it be dumb?

Do you have any facts to prove otherwise?

Whats dumb is you calling yourself a goddess. Get off your fucking high horse and know that there's plenty you may not know about the queen of pop.

We've heard this bullshit theory before on this forum, if only you knew what company you were in for believing it.

We all know Madonna has had plastic surgery. She hasn't even denied it herself. To suggest she needed to fake a dehabiliting injury, lose 20 lbs of muscle mass to make the story hold water, is preposterous especially when the work she had done was so minor. Her big face change came 2 years later in 08 and she didn't even go away for that long to try and hide it. And didn't need to break an additional 8 bones to hide it.

We've heard this bullshit theory before on this forum, if only you knew what company you were in for believing it.

We all know Madonna has had plastic surgery. She hasn't even denied it herself. -

To suggest she needed to fake a dehabiliting injury, lose 20 lbs of muscle mass to make the story hold water, is preposterous especially when the work she had done was so minor. Her big face change came 2 years later in 08 and she didn't even go away for that long to try and hide it. And didn't need to break an additional 8 bones to hide it.

bullshit theory = your opinion.

denied comment = she hasnt denied it nor has she admitted to it.

Send proof of her losing 20lbs and even if she did, doesnt matter. cute thought but doesnt hold water.

Knowing that she had to go under the knife for what was her most serious face altering reconstruction right before confessions was a perfect reason for her to use horse riding accident to go off public radar.

Whats she gonna say otherwise? Getting my face redone? Makes no sense to me. I, nor you, have any proof that a horse riding accident even occurred. I want to see medical papers not media.

Her face was significantly changed and she subsequently put out some of her best physical performances not much longer after the "horse riding accident" time-off.

The face changes of 08 seem more injectable in nature, puffy cheeks, etc to help freshen up the major change of 05.

Again most of us dont know her official cosmetic surgery schedule but have our set of insiders that share what they know that we present here so again dont flip out. We can all discuss and share our theories and perspectives.

bullshit theory = your opinion.

denied comment = she hasnt denied it nor has she admitted to it.

Send proof of her losing 20lbs and even if she did, doesnt matter. cute thought but doesnt hold water.

Knowing that she had to go under the knife for what was her most serious face altering reconstruction right before confessions was a perfect reason for her to use horse riding accident to go off public radar.

Whats she gonna say otherwise? Getting my face redone? Makes no sense to me. I, nor you, have any proof that a horse riding accident even occurred. I want to see medical papers not media.

Her face was significantly changed and she subsequently put out some of her best physical performances not much longer after the "horse riding accident" time-off.

The face changes of 08 seem more injectable in nature, puffy cheeks, etc to help freshen up the major change of 05.

Again most of us dont know her official cosmetic surgery schedule but have our set of insiders that share what they know that we present here so again dont flip out. We can all discuss and share our theories and perspectives.

I don't need to send you proof of her losing all that muscle mass. Look at her pics during Live8 then look at her first round of interviews for Confessions in October of 2005. Her arms looked like sticks. Particularly her left arm, the arm she couldn't use.

She got an extreme (or more obvious let's say) face lift or tightening (whatever) in Late 07 or early 08 and unveiled that in Berlin.

She said numerous times that she never ruled out plastic surgery - the first in people magazine in 2003 and the second time to Liz smith in the post a few years later

Don't act like this woman is a Jackson who tried to deny all the work she's had done. She's not an idiot.

I don't need to send you proof of her losing all that muscle mass. Look at her pics during Live8 then look at her first round of interviews for concessions in October of 2005. Her arms looked like sticks. Particularly her left arm, the arm she couldn't use.

She got an extreme (or more obvious let's say) face lift or tightening (whatever) in Late 07 or early 08 and unveiled that in Berlin.

She said numerous times that she never ruled out plastic surgery - the first in people magazine in 2003 and the second time to Liz smith in the post a few years later

Don't act like this woman is a Jackson who tried to deny all the work she's had done. She's not an idiot.

A lot further back than that... she said in the early 90s when asked that she didn't think she could handle the pain but wanted whoever did Catherine Deneuve if she did. :sassy::wow:

I don't need to send you proof of her losing all that muscle mass. Look at her pics during Live8 then look at her first round of interviews for concessions in October of 2005. Her arms looked like sticks. Particularly her left arm, the arm she couldn't use.

I never said she "denied" it but as a savvy marketer she understands the mockery that would ensue if she had disappeared for several months and came back looking that good. This was THE major reconstruction.

Again, your theory on arms could also be due to her plastic surgery? right? Either of those would cause her to lose weight so again none of your examples are exclusive to a horse riding accident. They could all apply to a major face reconstruction.

I also agree with loomer. She had mini surgeries well before, including before ray of light and again when she made that pink grammys appearance and looked stunning but the major one, the serious change was mid 05, right after live aid.

Im not going to get into the jackson comment but like Madonna said before she's not against cosmetic surgery but doesnt need to advertise it.

I never said she "denied" it but as a savvy marketer she understands the mockery that would ensue if she had disappeared for several months and came back looking that good. This was THE major reconstruction.

Again, your theory on arms could also be due to her plastic surgery? right? Either of those would cause her to lose weight so again none of your examples are exclusive to a horse riding accident. They could all apply to a major face reconstruction.

I also agree with loomer. She had mini surgeries well before, including before ray of light and again when she made that pink grammys appearance and looked stunning but the major one, the serious change was mid 05, right after live aid.

Im not going to get into the jackson comment but like Madonna said before she's not against cosmetic surgery but doesnt need to advertise it.

Well as a Madonna fan I choose to not buy into this theory that she's insecure enough, bizarre enough, and preoccupied enough to conjure up a story about 8 broken bones including her collar bone, stop working out and lose all her muscle tone to support the deception, only to come back looking better than ever and have people call her out on plastic surgery ANYWAY.

We all know she got tweaked in 2005, whatever she did it looked minimally invasive, and it could have been before, during, or after her accident. I still believe she had a horse accident. It happened again in 2009 after all, long after she had revealed her infamous chicken cutlet cheeks to the world.

Guest Rachelle of London

She fell off a bloody horse! Why would she LIE and go and get a facelift. There's pictures of her falling off the horse and the ambulance arriving to cart her off to the hospital.

She looked horrid at the Toronto premiere

35.jpg

That's not the work of fresh plastic surgery. Sorry. That theory is bullshit. She even wrote about how that horse fall took a toll on her marriage in Falling Free.

Also, more importantly, the fall happened on her birthday, August 16th. Madonna was photographed FOUR DAYS LATER, without any bruising or cuts or bandages on her face. It takes about 2-3 weeks for any plastic surgery like that to heal.

You can see the photos here: http://www.madonnalicious.com/archive/august2005.html

She was photographed the day before her birthday, and then on the 20th.

Nice try

She looked horrid at the Toronto premiere

35.jpg

That's not the work of fresh plastic surgery. Sorry. That theory is bullshit. She even wrote about how that horse fall took a toll on her marriage in Falling Free.

Also, more importantly, the fall happened on her birthday, August 16th. Madonna was photographed FOUR DAYS LATER, without any bruising or cuts or bandages on her face. It takes about 2-3 weeks for any plastic surgery like that to heal.

You can see the photos here: http://www.madonnalicious.com/archive/august2005.html

She was photographed the day before her birthday, and then on the 20th.

Nice try

BAM.