Mrs. Ritchie/Housewifedonna Appreciation Thread

loowee

best reinvention?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Did you love her persona back then?

• YAS! She was acting her age!
    • NO! M-dolla>>>>>>

I loved the music, enjoyed the lady of the manor pictures, the tour, the mtv performance...but the books have been the worst, the most boring thing she has done.And some of her looks were totally non star worthy.And her Hollywod performance in top of the pops (was is there?)...but, overall, as always, a good era to be a fan

I love what she was doing then, and I love what shes doing now. Its all been a fantastic journey. Why the need to trash one to celebrate the other? I dont get it.

Yes. It's her journey, her evolution, not ours. Part of who she is, like it or not.

She did gave us Hung Up Grammy / VMA performances and Live8 . I thought it was a good phrase not a great one and maybe she just wanted to take us on a journey down the road less traveled by which included Hey You and Imagine .

Guest Hunterlas

...but the books have been the worst, the most boring thing she has done.

...at least she was trying to be a decent human being and was trying to help and make a difference. I respect her tremendously for it.

I loved the music, enjoyed the lady of the manor pictures, the tour, the mtv performance...but the books have been the worst, the most boring thing she has done.And some of her looks were totally non star worthy.And her Hollywod performance in top of the pops (was is there?)...but, overall, as always, a good era to be a fan

Jonathan Ross I'd imagine.

Guest Hunterlas

Yes. It's her journey, her evolution, not ours. Part of who she is, like it or not.

Exactly. She's not one or the other, shes both.

I remember being 13 and reading an article on my newspaper about Madonna writing books for children after doing a book which contained zoophillia, masturbation and homosexual acts. As a catholic grown teen, I was so scared :shy:

jajajajja! yes, she has done a lot of things that another star wouldn´t even try to think about!

Im convinced it was also look related. Some folks like to call that time off "the horse riding accident" but the truth is, it was due to her mega major facial surgery. There was no horse riding accident. What we got was a stunning face when she returned for coadf and really it felt like she herself felt attractive again.

A

Those fucking Stella Boots, Stephen, Whoop !!!

I think she woke up from a fuzzy dream when the horse threw her off its back. Next thing we know she goes from feeding chicken in Vogue to wearing a pink leotard. I love American Life though.

These years are also known as the green "Argyle sweater" years

Im convinced it was also look related. Some folks like to call that time off "the horse riding accident" but the truth is, it was due to her mega major facial surgery. There was no horse riding accident. What we got was a stunning face when she returned for coadf and really it felt like she herself felt attractive again.

A

Ummmm, what?!?!?!?!

COADF is when she started to shed her skin, I don't think that era is part of the English Rose years.

2001-2005 was just hell for us fans lol, just in terms of sheer boredom

The only things I truly adore artistically from that time are Die Another Day (song & video) and the American Life album cover & sleeve

I understand some of the criticism and negativity directed toward M during her marriage, but my favorite albums from M are Music, AL, and Confessions.

Most of her MV were amazing at the time, and the three tours during her marriage were some of her best EVER. Ok I know some dislike RIT, but still highly successful and popular!

Yes, the Esther years went from 1999 to early 2005.

From Live8 to now she was released.

Pandora Esther was: Guy 50% and Madonna 50% because and I'm pretty sure that she wanted to experience that feeling of being a real wife, but she got bored very quickly maybe in mid2003, because we had the Britney kiss, and RIT in 2004, also in the documental which was tapped in 2004 she already seems bored and miles away from Guy.

A

:manson: What an absolutely DUMB thing to say, I can't even with this shit.

The only things I truly adore artistically from that time are Die Another Day (song & video) and the American Life album cover & sleeve

Really? Not the AL or Hollywood videos? Or Love Profusion. Or all the music from AL and Confessions (that was 2005). Or the Madonna x Britney kiss performance. There's so much to love from that time period.

And the whole wife look part of it... It's just another side to Madonna. I think she wanted to genuinely be that, not only for Guy but to prove to herself she could be that, and she did it, and isn't interested in doing it now lmao. Been there, done THAT. It was still an important part of her life to go through.

...at least she was trying to be a decent human being and was trying to help and make a difference. I respect her tremendously for it.

Agree with you about the books even though like teasing her for being a kiddies author. :laugh:

Also never read the books, but I use to work with little kids, partly in school system, and I understand her love for children.

Really? Not the AL or Hollywood videos? Or Love Profusion. Or all the music from AL and Confessions (that was 2005). Or the Madonna x Britney kiss performance. There's so much to love from that time period.

And the whole wife look part of it... It's just another side to Madonna. I think she wanted to genuinely be that, not only for Guy but to prove to herself she could be that, and she did it, and isn't interested in doing it now lmao. Been there, done THAT. It was still an important part of her life to go through.

COADF is my favorite M album, but I usually refer to 05 before COADF when I talk about this subject.

I do love The Kiss, it was fun, I forgot that one. I do like the Hollywood video... And the LP video is just ok. Musically American Life (album) didn't really stir much of a reaction out of me and the videos kinda followed that pattern. I hate the AL video, I know I'm probably the only 1, but I just thought it was a big cluster fuck mess, though the message was good. And her pulling the video still makes me salty but whatever.

Guest Rocco Papa

vogue_brazil_news.jpg

"There's only one thing that's not true about it. I never feed the chickens in high heels."

:laugh:

Did the children's books have that thing inside the front cover that says "also by this author .... SEX"

:rotfl:

On a serious note, I think this era proves that Madonna can not win no matter what she does. That's why it's not worth fans getting upset at public outcry over her. During this time, she was criticized for being "boring" and "preachy." Now, people are criticizing her for not acting her age. She should just do whatever the fuck she wants.

I became a fan in 2000/2001 during the Music era. I was 11 at the time. So, I spent the next few years buying all her albums and experiencing all her past work. I was basically catching up with everything. So, I never really experienced the "boredom" some of you are talking about.

Those menopause days were cute. Yes, we all love Madge when she's a whore, but there was a nice vibe about her housewive persona that was just great and charming.

Having said that, thank god she's now raping Drake on stage.

I hate Guy Ritchie the gold digger, but I have to admit M was at her most beautiful during those years, and with several quite distinct looks.

She did look radiant and beautiful most of the time, specially in that pink Versace dress at the Grammys

Was the end of this drawn-out era their joint appearance at Cannes '08 for IABWA?

Madonna-struck-pose-I-Am-Because-We-prem

Madonna-amfARsCinemaAgainstAIDS08_Vettri