Coachella thread [continued]

listen to me, im quite well aware of that. but when were are discussing things such as ageism and we see that someone like Diana Ross no longer even exists or is referred to in popular culture the way she ought to be, isnt that someone and something we should cover in our conversations?

that was a woman who completely shifted culture during her reign and now nobody says a word about her.

i like to cover all bases so i come out with a half decent argument that has legs...

and history.

madonna is my everything and the fact that i even have to write that out is just saying it all.

it's just the angle I've noticed you taken that's all recently. I know you don't have to write it out; I know where your fandom lies.

I hear Diana's influence in popular music. She's there; but also not in the spotlight like Madonna anymore. Is that crazy to say? :lol:

Guest Rachelle of London

listen to me, im quite well aware of that. but when were are discussing things such as ageism and we see that someone like Diana Ross no longer even exists or is referred to in popular culture the way she ought to be, isnt that someone and something we should cover in our conversations?

that was a woman who completely shifted culture during her reign and now nobody says a word about her.

i like to cover all bases so i come out with a half decent argument that has legs...

and history.

madonna is my everything and the fact that i even have to write that out is just saying it all.

So do you think Diana isn't recognised more because of her race? I'm quite confused as you were agreeing with Nikki that if Madonna were black ageism wouldn't affect her so much. If that was the case wouldn't Diana be heralded and praised more than Madonna due to being black?

Guest Pud Whacker

So do you think Diana isn't recognised more because of her race? I'm quite confused as you were agreeing with Nikki that if Madonna were black ageism wouldn't affect her so much. If that was the case wouldn't Diana be heralded and praised more than Madonna due to being black?

you seem to be in a constant state of confusion.

is that your response to all i have written here in this thread? my god, child.

Guest Rachelle of London

you seem to be in a constant state of confusion.

is that your response to all i have written here in this thread? my god, child.

I'm not going to get personal with you as I really respect you as a forum member and I really love your site and IG accounts.

Sigh.

Guest Pud Whacker

it's just the angle I've noticed you taken that's all recently. I know you don't have to write it out; I know where your fandom lies.

I hear Diana's influence in popular music. She's there; but also not in the spotlight like Madonna anymore. Is that crazy to say? :lol:

no, its not crazy to say. its sad. there are kids that have NO IDEA who she is. that is pathetic. dont you think?

and as we discuss madonna, will that one day be madonna? oh, that crazy white woman who showed her tits and sucked the life out of everyone. :rotfl:

i hope not. things are shifting and i believe thats why madonna's fan base has been a bit peculiar lately. they may not be able to put their finger on it but they feel it.

there was a time when we could discuss everything. the good, the bad and the ugly. that doesnt seem to be the case today.

not being able to have constructive criticism is the absolute death of an artist. it becomes very insulated and the outside world wants nothing to do with it.

no, its not crazy to say. its sad. there are kids that have NO IDEA who she is. that is pathetic. dont you think?

and as we discuss madonna, will that one day be madonna? oh, that crazy white woman who showed her tits and sucked the life out of everyone. :rotfl:

i hope not. things are shifting and i believe thats why madonna's fan base has been a bit peculiar lately. they may not be able to put their finger on it but they feel it.

there was a time when we could discuss everything. the good, the bad and the ugly. that doesnt seem to be the case today.

not being able to have constructive criticism is the absolute death of an artist. it becomes very insulated and the outside world wants nothing to do with it.

It's pathetic and sad but what can we do? Sit every young kid down and teach them a semester of Madonna 101?

The crazy white woman who sucked out the life of everyone very well MIGHT be her to a select population of people in the future. It's unavoidable really.

We can have constructive criticism without the name calling and absolute hysterics as of late. A lot of which is based off things that can't be taken back or changed. by Madonna..so why even bother? Moving forward!!!! I'm a person that doesn't like to hang on things that can't be changed.

with the PC crowd online today, they'd be scared as fuck to even dare to criticise someone of color. look at beyonce. she's a great performer but really, if a white woman did that they'd be labeled a slut a lot quicker. in the real world being black (just like being gay) is tough, but in the world of entertainment I think it's actually a bit of a blessing. thats just my opinion from what I've noticed. take it or leave it.

Guest Rachelle of London

It's pathetic and sad but what can we do? Sit every young kid down and teach them a semester of Madonna 101?

The crazy white woman who sucked out the life of everyone very well MIGHT be her to a select population of people in the future. It's unavoidable really.

We can have constructive criticism without the name calling and absolute hysterics as of late. A lot of which is based off things that can't be taken back or changed. by Madonna..so why even bother? Moving forward!!!! I'm a person that doesn't like to hang on things that can't be changed.

:clap:

with the PC crowd online today, they'd be scared as fuck to even dare to criticise someone of color. look at beyonce. she's a great performer but really, if a white woman did that they'd be labeled a slut a lot quicker. in the real world being black (just like being gay) is tough, but in the world of entertainment I think it's actually a bit of a blessing. thats just my opinion from what I've noticed. take it or leave it.

To be fair, i think that a female singer, black or white, has to fuck on scene and get a bukake to get labelled as "slut" nowadays.

Guest Pud Whacker

This board is getting weird......

Imagine if this board existed during Erotica, Sex, Body of Evidence, Bedtime Stories, Something To Remember and Evita. I can't even fathom the discussions! :lol:

Guest ditaluver

Imo, there are a couple of people who just don't know when to shut the fuck up, up UP!

EverYthing turns into a bizarre argument. It's annoying and I've actually had to put people on block for the first time ever

Guest Rachelle of London

I'm actually afraid to say anything Chelle..... :laugh:

I'm too young to have an opinion on anything. Or people I don't talk to will block me :lmao:

You're not allowed to speak VM. Just nod and agree.

Imagine if this board existed during Erotica, Sex, Body of Evidence, Bedtime Stories, Something To Remember and Evita. I can't even fathom the discussions! :lol:

It's horrifying to imagine. The conversations here are crazy. I am dumbfounded by how the simple summation of someone's VERSION of things is labelled truth. And these people weren't even there to experience it. Yell the loudest and post a couple cute pics and you somehow get elevated?!?

so drake did a second set at croachella??? and got boo'd off the stage over nicki???? that dont even make no sense. explain

and

wait wait wait, it's okay though that madonna fucked the shit outta 2PAC b/c that was a secret romance??? twenty years ago. but oh no she kisses drake and even wheezy attacks her??? lame.

No tea no shade but it seems like you can't handle this era tbh :sassy:

Guest Pud Whacker

No tea no shade but it seems like you can't handle this era tbh :sassy:

im doing just fine, stephen. its seems you cant handle me during this era.

Would love for this to start with programs relating to her music first (as is being done, I believe, by our forum poster LatinAmericanIdol). Spread it round the world to all the little ones!

http://www.latimes.com/local/education/la-me-beat-kindergarten-vogue-20141027-story.html

Like an Alphabet (music by Madonna)