Coachella thread [continued]

Guest Pud Whacker

we would see as much ageism with a huge side of racism :lol: cmon nikki

I dont know. Nikki may be right. We didn't see a lot of ageism with Tina Turner. In fact, none.

I don't recall people asking her to turn in her performance card.

Guest Rachelle of London

Madonna is a pop star releasing pop music and actually competing with 20 year old singers. Tina isnt.

Guest Pud Whacker

its getting very difficult to have conversations with you people. you dont know your stuff and refuse to do your homework.

life started when you were born. nothing existed before you, monster people.

there was an argument years ago how black women were allowed to get away with being overtly sexual while white women were not. i do believe that still exists today.

Tina Turner was named "The Granma of Pop" when she was releasing The Best. And she was 49 years old! There was a King of Pop, a Queen of Pop and a Granma of Pop. At least in Spain.

I recall i though she was ANCIENT. Oh, and now i find people being 50 so young! hahahaha

Guest Pud Whacker

the arrogance of you people is appalling.

its the monsters.

they think nothing existed before lady gaga.

pud sure we can talk about the sexualization of black women and josephine baker and how that has permeated mainstream popular culture etc etc etc but tina aint madonna, but yah call me a monster all u want.

PETTY.

Guest Rachelle of London

its getting very difficult to have conversations with you people. you dont know your stuff and refuse to do your homework.

life started when you were born. nothing existed before you, monster people.

there was an argument years ago how black women were allowed to get away with being overtly sexual while white women were not. i do believe that still exists today.

If life started before I was born then I wouldn't be a Madonna fan. Surely you are being ageist by thinking we don't know anything because we were n't around in 1983.

Exactly "there was an argument" an argument has two sides, doesn't mean your side is the correct one. If you wanna believe that no one would be ageist to Madonna if she was black then good for you.

Guest Pud Whacker

argue with the air all you want. i was agreeing with nikki. theres a bit of truth in her statement form my vantage pint.

Guest Pud Whacker

If life started before I was born then I wouldn't be a Madonna fan. Surely you are being ageist by thinking we don't know anything because we were n't around in 1983.

Exactly "there was an argument" an argument has two sides, doesn't mean your side is the correct one. If you wanna believe that no one would be ageist to Madonna if she was black then good for you.

no dingle twat. i was born in 70 but I DAMN WELL KNOW what existed before me.

argue with the air all you want. i was agreeing with nikki. theres a bit of truth in her statement form my vantage pint.

and I agreed but it's just a very flat point to make. but go along with the broken record monsters angle that I'm an ignorant bimbo that doesn't know anything about world history

Guest Rachelle of London

no dingle twat. i was born in 70 but I DAMN WELL KNOW what existed before me.

So I don't know what occured before me?

I don't know about black women and culture?

I studied post colonialism at college for your information, but yeah I dont know anything that happened before I was born because I stated Madonna is perfect the race she is. Okay then

Guest Rachelle of London

I actually like Tina Turner as well :lmao:

But she's old I guess and most of her hits happened before my time so I don't know jack shit :dead:

Guest Rachelle of London

Me too!!

But I AINT KNOW NOTHIN BOUT NOTHIN!!

I only know Madonna songs after Rescue Me. Did she even have a career before 1991?

Guest Pud Whacker

as i stated, its very difficult these days to have an actual conversation with madonna fans. its become very bizarre.

god forbid you bring up another name and put it next to madonna as an example of it existing before in a different degree or variation.

or bring up Barbra Streisand, the madonna for fags two generations away from me. my god, ive never seen anything like what has been hurdled my way since that conversation. everyone here is on about ageism, i bring up a woman that is 20 years older than madonna who is still having massive success and instead of being appreciated, madonna fans treated that the way gag fans treat madonna. (shes old, shes ugly , shes got a big nose)

um, ok.

as i stated, its very difficult these days to have an actual conversation with madonna fans. its become very bizarre.

god forbid you bring up another name and put it next to madonna as an example of it existing before in a different degree or variation.

or bring up Barbra Streisand, the madonna for fags two generations away from me. my god, ive never seen anything like what has been hurdled my way since that conversation. everyone here is on about ageism, i bring up a woman that is 20 years older than madonna who is still having massive success and instead of being appreciated, madonna fans treated that the way gag fans treat madonna. (shes old, shes ugly , shes got a big nose)

um, ok.

well god forbid you bring up an older name without insulting people younger than you. that's bizarre to me when I've respected your posts here for a very long time and very much enjoy the scrapbook.

Yes, people came before Madonna but she is very much a unique figure and her celebrity is complex. Things that apply to Tina and Barbara or Cher or Stevie or Joni or Annie or any other female legend don't for Madonna and vice versa. They paved ways for M, but M has paved her own.

Tina Turner was one of the first (if not the first) black woman to try other styles, she opened doors to other black women. Rock was white back then. Whitney had a more variety of styles because of Tina Turner. She reinvented herself even before Madonna knew what reinvention was. She handled business in a world of men, and Madonna had it a bit more easy thanks to Tina's aggresiveness on stage

https://youtu.be/aSROZUsDmp0

Most people don't know the importance of Tina, just the same as many teenagers now don't know the importance of Madonna.

Guest Rachelle of London

well god forbid you bring up an older name without insulting people younger than you. that's bizarre to me when I've respected your posts here for a very long time and very much enjoy the scrapbook.

Yes, people came before Madonna but she is very much a unique figure and her celebrity is complex. Things that apply to Tina and Barbara or Cher or Stevie or Joni or Annie or any other female legend don't for Madonna and vice versa.

It's actually getting out of hand. Could you imagine the furore if I called someone here an "old person" or whatever.

People's opinions (the GP) of Madonna cannot be compared to theirs of Barbra Streisand or Tina Turner as Madonna is doing a completely different thing as them. If you randomly asked 10 people on the street to name a singer like Madonna they wouldn't mention Tina Turner. The only thing they have in common is being over the age of 50. And I'm not saying this because I'm young and have no clue about what happened before I was born (how ridiculous does that even sound) :lmao: it's just the way it is. Nor do I mean Tina or Barbra or anyone else people on here worship any disrespect. As I've said before I love Tina Turner and I wanted to buy Barbra tickets but they were too damn expensive

Guest Pud Whacker

Yes, people came before Madonna but she is very much a unique figure and her celebrity is complex. Things that apply to Tina and Barbara don't for Madonna and vice versa.

listen to me, im quite well aware of that. but when were are discussing things such as ageism and we see that someone like Diana Ross no longer even exists or is referred to in popular culture the way she ought to be, isnt that someone and something we should cover in our conversations?

that was a woman who completely shifted culture during her reign and now nobody says a word about her.

i like to cover all bases so i come out with a half decent argument that has legs...

and history.

madonna is my everything and the fact that i even have to write that out is just saying it all.