Coachella thread [continued]

I do think a lot of the criticism leveled toward Madonna lately is totally ageist. There were a lot of articles making fun of her standup skit on Fallon and I have to wonder if Rihanna, or even Madonna in the 80s had done it, if they wouldn't have been praising it as cute and endearing.

If Rihanna had kissed Drake and he'd had the same reaction, would newspapers be posting that he was "disgusted" by her? I doubt that would be the jumped to conclusion. So while I'm sure it must hurt Madonna, it is provoking a lot of discussion.

they would have said he was laughing. but rihanna is a bad example because she's black (like drake is. sorry but this does matter in this issue) and because they dated. a better example could be katy or miley or taylor.

Nick is a fan. Recently he said he wished to work with M

yes so i dont think its shade. i think he's actually wondering it, LOL. anyway, he wishes for all this attention!

This thread still blows my mind.... like something out of the Twilight Zone.

I hope she never stops doing shit like this, especially when it gets up under the skin of her own fans... good. Reveal that confirmation bias.

JoanofArquers....... brilliant.

The fight against ageism is a good thing, she can do whatever she wants.

But are we allowed to say that the performance seemed unprepared & poor ?

I hope so !

More stuff like BIM on Fallon where she is fierce and showing in in a flawless performance but please, not an other thing like that... Not a big deal though !

If Madonna did a freestyle encore at one of her own shows, some of u people wouldn't be able to take it. This performance wasn't intended to be a highly choreographed typical Madonna performance. It was simply M coming out to sing parts of a couple songs and kiss Drake.

Did you people take issue with the Everybody, Holiday, Music (with Psy) and Spanish Lesson performances on MDNA as well??

All that mocking and the sheer amount of negative reactions she received, all because of that dumb cunt Drake, it's disturbing. I don't want this event to be associated with her again any other time in the future when she does something, though ppl are so nasty you just know there will be comments.

The leak = ICONIC

The Fall = ICONIC

The Kiss = ICONIC

She made bad situations ICONIC situations she rose again back from. That's THE theme of this whole era = falling and getting up again. Losing and winning in the end.

The Rebel Heart era is an ode to Madonna's resiliance and determination.

In numerology the number 13 (13th album) represents death and new beginnings.

Living for love is about rising back after a heartbreak by getting your spirit back

Ghosstown is about surviving destruction and building things up again

Rebel Heart (song) is about going against conventions and surviving it

The Rebel Heart era is nothing less than an affirmation of everything Madonna is : non conventional, unapologetic, resiliant, passionate in what she believes in.

It may not be a big commercial success now but not only the album is good but the whole era will be regarded as being one of her most Iconic and inspirational. She took this public beating down and she survived. You can too. And that has ALWAYS been Madonna's message. Don't be afraid. You can do it too.

Failure is part of the process on the road to success. Don't look at the events as separate things and let them put you down but keep an eye on the big picture because the journey is long and it's a bumpy road but we all know that bumpy roads are the ones we learn more from and are the ones informing us the most.

Celebrate this era !

And it's far far far from over.

She's reminding us in an age where everytning must be instant : instant success, instant gratification or labelled a failure, she's putting all this in perspective, consciously or inconsciously, of her own will or just like in every great moment in Madonna's career by being an example in dealing with what we consider failures.

"If you try and fail, get up again. Destiny will choose you in the end"

If Madonna did a freestyle encore at one of her own shows, some of u people wouldn't be able to take it. This performance wasn't intended to be a highly choreographed typical Madonna performance. It was simply M coming out to sing parts of a couple songs and kiss Drake.

Did you people take issue with the Everybody, Holiday, Music (with Psy) and Spanish Lesson performances on MDNA as well??

Liked the kiss and was looking forward to the freakout from Drake fans, but honestly did not think it was going to make M look this bad!

I saw M perform Holiday and Music with Psy on MDNA. Holiday actually came out pretty great, and Psy was funny to see in person, but it was another cringeworthy moment to see him on stage with a legend.

My complaint with Spanish Lesson live in South America was that it made M look out of touch with her fan base because many fans don't particularly like the track. M has dozens of tracks she could have chosen to make fans happy, but she chooses Spanish Lesson. :laugh:

Don't mean to be negative. Just expressing my viewpoint!

The leak = ICONIC

The Fall = ICONIC

The Kiss = ICONIC

She made bad situations ICONIC situations she rose again back from. That's THE theme of this whole era = falling and getting up again. Losing and winning in the end.

Living for love is about rising back after a heartbreak by getting your spirit back

The Rebel Heart era is nothing less than an affirmation of everything Madonna is : non conventional, unapologetic, resiliant, passionate in what she believes in.

It may not be a big commercial success now but not only the album is good but the whole era will be regarded as being one of her most Iconic and inspirational. She took this public beating down and she survived. You can too. And that has ALWAYS been Madonna's message. Don't be afraid. You can do it too.

Failure is part of the process on the road to success. Don't look at the events as separate things and let them put you down but keep an eye on the big picture because the journey is long and it's a bumpy road but we all know that bumpy roads are the ones we learn more from and are the ones informing us the most.

Celebrate this era !

She's reminding us in an age where everytning must be instant : instant success, instant gratification or labelled a failure, she's putting all this in perspective, consciously or inconsciously, of her own will or just like in every great moment in Madonna's career by being an example in dealing with what we consider failures.

Awesome comment!!!

The fight against ageism is a good thing, she can do whatever she wants.

But are we allowed to say that the performance seemed unprepared & poor ?

I hope so !

More stuff like BIM on Fallon where she is fierce and showing in in a flawless performance but please, not an other thing like that... Not a big deal though !

Sure. And then those with a little more rationality can see what it was meant to be anyway because as Kurt said, it wasn't meant to be a perfectly choreographed performance. The whole point was to be kind of a mess, and set up the moment for the kiss. It was the whole BIM persona she was playing out. It was more than obvious.

THIS.

The leak = ICONIC

The Fall = ICONIC

The Kiss = ICONIC

Celebrate this era !

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

THANK YOU.

Our much needed voice of REASON.

The leak = ICONIC

The Fall = ICONIC

The Kiss = ICONIC

Celebrate this era !

*Post of the year*

100% agree

Liked the kiss and was looking forward to the freakout from Drake fans, but honestly did not think it was going to make M look this bad!

I saw M perform Holiday and Music with Psy on MDNA. Holiday actually came out pretty great, and Psy was funny to see in person, but it was another cringeworthy moment to see him on stage with a legend.

My complaint with Spanish Lesson live in South America was that it made M look out of touch with her fan base because many fans don't particularly like the track. M has dozens of tracks she could have chosen to make fans happy, but she chooses Spanish Lesson. :laugh:

Don't mean to be negative. Just expressing my viewpoint!

No offense, but this is what I mean. In all these instances Madonna was just trying to have some fun and sing an extra song "spontaneously". Well, she can't do that because it's "cringeworthy" and "out of touch" and it doesn't make the fans happy. I mean REALLY?? Bitch felt like singing Spanish Lesson that night, so what? She didn't have to do anything extra all. So, that's what I meant in my original comment. if she came out at the end and did a true encore or in this case a couple songs just because she feels like it, with little planning, just semi-spur of the moment then it faces the criticisms you just posted. She probably thought she was being generous.....lol.....that's what makes it funny. Madonna fans can be such little bitches....lol.

look: someone made out it out of emojis.

tumblr_nmtv6yEiqX1r93unoo1_1280.jpg

Love it, pop art at its best! It's already part of the popular culture like the Madonna/Britney kiss :):lol:

Edited by madmex

All that mocking and the sheer amount of negative reactions she received, all because of that dumb cunt Drake, it's disturbing. I don't want this event to be associated with her again any other time in the future when she does something, though ppl are so nasty you just know there will be comments.

Its not Drake's fault, its the stupid ass medias fault because they will do anything to twist something into the pathetic ageist narrative they want...Drake called them out on the bullshit and now his dumb female fans are having meltdowns because Madonna kissed him and he liked it! LOL

oh please drake hasn't done SHIT. he is enjoying the PR and used madonna. I'm sorry but that guy is a JERK. if he really wanted people to think he liked it he would defend her at all the shit she's getting. a lot of people are saying he is just being nice because its madonna but that he really thought she's gross. he didn't even explain shit. he's over forever for me. have you seen the attacks (even now, a week later) to madonna? "feminists" all over the world are calling what she did sexual assault days after drake "defended" her. he really has to clarify it real good, but he won't, because he got so much attention. his reaction "what the fuck just happened" didn't help either. it's like he publicly wanted to embarrass her. he's a PIG and madonna should stop working with those cunts who just use her for their own benefit. she has to work with people who are respectful and will appreciate her hard work ethic and intelligence, not USE her & spit her out, just to get the "i worked with madonna" label. do any of those stupid youngsters even give a shit about madonna? aside from miley i don't think anyone does.

oh please drake hasn't done SHIT. he is enjoying the PR and used madonna. I'm sorry but that guy is a JERK. if he really wanted people to think he liked it he would defend her at all the shit she's getting. a lot of people are saying he is just being nice because its madonna but that he really thought she's gross. he didn't even explain shit. he's over forever for me. have you seen the attacks (even now, a week later) to madonna? "feminists" all over the world are calling what she did sexual assault days after drake "defended" her. he really has to clarify it real good, but he won't, because he got so much attention. his reaction "i think he what the fuck just happened" didn't help either. it's like he publicly wanted to embarrass her. he's a PIG and madonna should stop working with those cunts who just use her for their own benefit. she has to work with people who are respectful and will appreciate her hard work ethic and intelligence, not USE her & spit her out, just to get the "i worked with madonna" label. do any of those stupid youngsters even give a shit about madonna? aside from miley i don't think anyone does.

Damn Nikki lol, you and I are usually on the same page. I'm sure Drake is enjoying the PR but I don't think he used Madonna. I don't know much about him, maybe you know more. I think he did explain it though. As far as what some feminists are saying, how do you respond to insanity and even give something like that the time of day? The only thing he could comment on was the face he made. What some people are saying out there doesn't exist here so how can he respond to it and more importantly why should he?

I don't think he wanted to embarrass her. I think a lot of younger performers respect and like her. Like you mentioned Miley. Nicki Minaj certainly does. Yeah I think it would have been nice if more said something like Rita Ora did. The thing is unfortunality, that many female pop stars today do not want to rock their own boat. The thing about Madonna and this is actually a point I wanted to make in the Rebel Heart/ Indie thread; Madonna is not a puppet but she's also not stubborn. When they gravitate towards either extreme they really are not interesting. What I'm trying to say is that a lot of female pop stars today are not gutsy. It's all in the name of staying on top. Pleasing the public. I know a lot of fans push that today but I think it's so boring and unappealing. They can make passive aggressive comments towards each other but dare go against the entity(the media) that made them stars? No way. That's just my thoughts on why I think she hasn't received more support from pop stars.

I think it's more the reader and the viewer who needs to call out the media. Stop buying their bs. Stop making them so important.

And my "damn" is more surprise and not a slight, I love reading what you have to say.

Damn Nikki lol, you and I are usually on the same page. I'm sure Drake is enjoying the PR but I don't think he used Madonna. I don't know much about him, maybe you know more. I think he did explain it though. As far as what some feminists are saying, how do you respond to insanity and even give something like that the time of day? The only thing he could comment on was the face he made. What some people are saying out there doesn't exist here so how can he respond to it and more importantly why should he?

I don't think he wanted to embarrass her. I think a lot of younger performers respect and like her. Like you mentioned Miley. Nicki Minaj certainly does. Yeah I think it would have been nice if more said something like Rita Ora did. The thing is unfortunality, that many female pop stars today do not want to rock their own boat. The thing about Madonna and this is actually a point I wanted to make in the Rebel Heart/ Indie thread; Madonna is not a puppet but she's also not stubborn. When they gravitate towards either extreme they really are not interesting. What I'm trying to say is that a lot of female pop stars today are not gutsy. It's all in the name of staying on top. Pleasing the public. I know a lot of fans push that today but I think it's so boring and unappealing. They can make passive aggressive comments towards each other but dare go against the entity(the media) that made them stars? No way. That's just my thoughts on why I think she hasn't received more support from pop stars.

I think it's more the reader and the viewer who needs to call out the media. Stop buying their bs. Stop making them so important.

And my "damn" is more surprise and not a slight, I love reading what you have to say.

well of course he didn't plan on it but right now, I do think he is using her and the whole controversy to his advantage and doesn't seem to care that 99% call madonna an assaulter. he just sits back and enjoys the ride. i never said he did this whole thing on purpose to shame her and get attention, thats ridiculous. so maybe there's misunderstanding going on here, but it does annoy me how he just lets everyone accuse her of horrible things while he gets all the praise/love/sympathy etc. the least he can do is clear it up

well of course he didn't plan on it but right now, I do think he is using her and the whole controversy to his advantage and doesn't seem to care that 99% call madonna an assaulter. he just sits back and enjoys the ride. i never said he did this whole thing on purpose to shame her and get attention, thats ridiculous. so maybe there's misunderstanding going on here, but it does annoy me how he just lets everyone accuse her of horrible things while he gets all the praise/love/sympathy etc. the least he can do is clear it up

No I didn't think that you said he set it up like that. Maybe he will elaborate more in an interview. I'm sure he will be asked. I'm still working on the fact that it's a thing.

Nikki, what more do you want him to do ? He has praised her and said he loved the kiss. If he keeps talking about it, people will then just say " he protests too much" and think it is over-kill. If idiots want to accuse her of garbage, that is their problem. As for other female singers, they do love her. It was lovely of Rita to comment but maybe people actually don't think that the press's stupid comments are worth commenting on or want to give them attention or substance. The more people keep talking about it, the longer it will take to go away. The reaction to this is worse and stupider than Hydrangegate.

Love it, pop art at its best! It's already part of the popular culture like the Madonna/Britney kiss :):lol:

They've made Madonna look like she has a rash on her chin or something. Not cool.

Sometimes fans forget that even a "big" story in the entertainment world doesn't really get noticed by the general public. This Drake kiss will do NOTHING to Madonna in the short or long run.

I randomly inserted Madonna into conversations at work with three different people last week. "Oh I love her" was the general response from all three. While they basically meant her 80s stuff as they grew up with it, and while they likely don't even know about Rebel Heart, my point is simply that the story probably hasn't even registered with most people.

You should not, now or ever, take the rantings of loons on social media as representing the world at large.