Coachella thread [continued]

Guest Rachelle of London

For someone so hellbent on that making our coins, why would he shade Madonna?

Surely he knows we homosexuals prioritize our divas over gay-4-pay models.

Isaac!!!!!

Guest HaveASit

Nick Jonas? Really? Fuck off this imbecile. He is just jealous he wasnt the one kissing Drake.

I wonder what will be the next "classy" move to promote his music and appeal to the gay crowd. Sucking a dildo on stage?

I haven't seen the actual performance. It sounds a bit odd to do Human Nature and Hung Up instead of some songs from Rebel Heart. Is there a link to the actual performance? I don't think these type of festivals are the best venue for Madonna. She needs to stick to tv performances and her own concerts. The audiences seem a little hostile to her kind of pop music.

I haven't seen the actual performance. It sounds a bit odd to do Human Nature and Hung Up instead of some songs from Rebel Heart. Is there a link to the actual performance? I don't think these type of festivals are the best venue for Madonna. She needs to stick to tv performances and her own concerts. The audiences seem a little hostile to her kind of pop music.

she did do this festival with the Confessions promo tour.

well, i think this time it wasn't meant to promote her album...

For someone so hellbent on that making our coins, why would he shade Madonna?

Surely he knows we homosexuals prioritize our divas over gay-4-pay models.

Omg you're back!

Of course it is. We're saying there are other, better ways to do it. She's done them before, as recently as in the BIM performance.

You don't have to have one or the other, you can have both xo. Madonna has done spur of the moment things before like the Letterman interview. Both the of-the-moment and rehearsed parts of M's artistry are amazing, and I'm glad we do have both.

I don't think that Jonas chap is dissing her

When the Brit award fall happened the thick Stupid ITV interview girl was taking the piss when interviewing him asking for his reaction and he wasn't having any of it not laughing and saying that's a true professional and how people fall and get right up

This thread still blows my mind.... like something out of the Twilight Zone.

I hope she never stops doing shit like this, especially when it gets up under the skin of her own fans... good. Reveal that confirmation bias.

JoanofArquers....... brilliant.

Have been seeing a lot of articles defending Madonna and wondering why the stupid reactions and scorn in the press and also on tv shows. She really is getting a lot of support from the Australian media which is nice. Even though this issue should be dead and buried, great to see that some are calling out the bullshit that this has involved. Have provided a link to this article because it calls the press out.

http://www.watoday.com.au/lifestyle/private-sydney/why-madonnas-drake-kiss-is-no-big-deal-20150418-1mkivg.html

Guest Rachelle of London

^^ Yeah he was being a true gentleman.

He was. When he was on the red carpet being interviewed he said he's so excited to see madonna perform and we all cheered and he asked my friend what song she's performing. He seems a casual fan of hers

I do think a lot of the criticism leveled toward Madonna lately is totally ageist. There were a lot of articles making fun of her standup skit on Fallon and I have to wonder if Rihanna, or even Madonna in the 80s had done it, if they wouldn't have been praising it as cute and endearing.

If Rihanna had kissed Drake and he'd had the same reaction, would newspapers be posting that he was "disgusted" by her? I doubt that would be the jumped to conclusion. So while I'm sure it must hurt Madonna, it is provoking a lot of discussion.

Madonna’s friend Debi Mazar to NYMAG

What did you think?

Oh my God, it was sexy! You could see she deep-planted a nice hot kiss and they kind of were going at it. He went to grab her hair. I mean, it had to stop and I think they both got — she didn’t show it, but I think he got a little bit embarrassed because it was just that hot, heat reaction. I don’t think his reaction was anything odd. I think he was just, like, kind of gagging that he got a deep kiss from Madonna.

He said it had something to do with the lipstick she was wearing.

Well, I know Madonna very well, and in performing she might have had some kind of heavier lipstick on, so that could be true. Regardless, that reaction did not read to me “lipstick.” That reaction read to me, like, “That was so fucking intense, oh my God.” Like, “I should not be onstage right now. Let’s go to the bedroom.”

Do you and Madonna still talk a lot?

We don’t talk a lot. We email more than anything, and text because we’re both so busy. We live in a five-mile radius of each other. We try to hang out here and there, but being working professionals working our asses off, we haven’t hung out in a while, but we always stay in touch. We let each other know how we’re doing. When there’s a drama, one of us will show up. But, you know, we have an adult relationship where it’s not necessary to hang every second. We’ve got kids and careers! People are like, “Have you seen Madonna?” I haven’t seen anybody! Forget about Madonna! I haven’t seen a lot of my friends, you know, because I’m a mom.

Read more: http://www.madonnara.../#ixzz3XZpFaeAx

Saw this in the other thread and had to post it here. Debi is the bestest friend.