What's your favorite video directed by Jonas Åkerlund?

Flip The Switch

Favorite video directed by Jonas Åkerlund  

139 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite video?

• Ray of Light
    • Music
    • American Life (flag video doesn't count)
    • Jump
    • Celebration
    • Ghosttown

Hate ROL, am meh about the overrated AL. Celery :lmao: Jump :dead: Oh and Music was just fun, a bit cringe in spots but fine.

So... as a process of elimination Ghosttown by a country mile. :yes: Technically a good director but with that resume my least fave. :ohmy:

Picked AL, closely followed by Music, ROL, and GT.

Enjoy Celebration, but the video should have been more epic to promote first comp since IC. Video looks a bit cheap.

Jump is pretty good, but a great song derives a better video.

image32.jpg

Ghosttown is the best of the bunch, but I will give it some time to become a favorite :) Music is classic and so much fun, so atm, that's my fav Jonas vid.

Ghosttown!

It's cinematically stunning in every which way!

And it's a shame he made long ass videos for GaGa (Paparazzi and Telephone), but couldn't make something (in the past) for M that was "grand"

True - AL Director's cut was good, but it got pulled off (for understandable reasons) and the GP just got to see M with flags like a cheap Powerpoint Slideshow that a middle-schooler could have done

Am I the only one that doesn't entirely hate the AL flag video? I mean I don't ever watch it or anything (DO watch the director's cut) but it is M, front & center. She looks fantastic in it.

My rankings:

AL by far. A really one of a kind video.

ROL - Iconic in the truest sense of the word

GT - Loving it now, am curious to see if it gets better with age for me

M - Anything with a pregnant lady at a strip club works for me! Fun slice of camp.

C & J - whatever. At least Celebration has a lot of crotch dancing :tigger:

I cannot choose between American Life and Ghostown. GT is much more cinematographic but AL has this shock value ingredient. I voted AL in the end since I had to vote only one. And well, I love brunettte Madonna.