Madonna - Let's celebrate how versatile and unique she is

This is not a comparison thread but an appreciation instead of just how diverse and incredible Madonna is. In the last week, we have seen an emotional, beautiful and heart-breaking video of one of the most gorgeous ballads imaginable in Ghosttown. Plus her numerous live performances of this song which have been stunning. Then in the same week, we see one of the most energetic, fun, sexy and care-free perfomances ever with her appearance on Jimmy Fallon with Bitch I'm Madonna. Madonna showing all of the pop girls exactly how to do it. She looked and moved better than all of them put together. She is easily the most interesting, vibrant, intelligent pop star ever. Love both her rebel and heart sides.

10572233_887362981320092_175622577979297anigif_enhanced-1682-1428526183-13.gif

This is one of the reasons that I love her. You want fun upbeat dance tracks??She 's got them. You want heartbreaking ballads? She's got them too. Different knd of vids and looks. I really have no desire to follow anyone else because I get it all from her and then some

That's why we are here and each one of us love her for something different but it ALL originates from the same woman.

No other pop star can do what she does, past or present. Kate Bush can't be that versatile for example. She's lauded by critics and people but she has not changed her act or explored something out of her comfort zone in her 35 years of career. I love her but she's not versatile. I took Kate Bush as an example of somebody who is praised contrary to Madonna. Can you imagine Kate Bush doing Frozen ? Yes. Can you imagine Kate Bush doing "Bitch i'm Madonna" ? No. Madonna can do both.

YASSSSSSSSSSS!!! SHE IS EVERYTHING TO ME.

On a serious note, yes. This is exactly why she is one of a kind. It is also one big reason why some people (some of the general public and some idiots in the media) don't get her. People want to box people. They don't appreciate a person who cannot be labeled.

Guest Medoner

Best look for years - she even looks younger and fresher than Confessions era.

Its really undeniable how amazing she looks.

My God, yes, AMAZING thread Jazzy!

From the first time I heard S.E.X. segue into Messiah, I said "only her, ONLY her."

My fave tracks are Wash All Over Me, Inside Out, Messiah, Iconic, Holy Water, Ghosttown, Rebel Heart, Unapologetic, and Joan of Arc. Rebel and Heart: you can't have one without the other.

M is full of fascinating contrasts which tend to polarize her fan base and GP.

Thank it's very curious how she express various sides of her personality while causing people to strongly react.

It does polarize people! I think each side she reveals is very genuine. The artsy drama queen of the Ghosttown video and the in-your-face sex warrior from the Fallon performance are each authentic. The fantastic witch of the Frozen video and the Messiah lyrics is just as much a part of her as the club girl of ROL and Hung Up.

Guest Medoner

The thought provoking warzone of AL -era. The intense all-flavour candy bag of HC. The dance heaven of COADF. The fullfilling emotional rollercoaster of ROL. My jaw drops.

She always surprises me, she is so great and so underrated.

A great and versatile vocalist and dancer, she still DESTROYS the girls half her age and that BIM performance shows why she's the QUEEN.

I love her and her art. NOBODY CAN TOUCH HER. N.O.B.O.D.Y.

Great thread Jan, and everything that you mentioned! :inlove:

M is full of fascinating contrasts which tend to polarize her fan base and GP.

Thank it's very curious how she express various sides of her personality while causing people to strongly react.

Nobody can or should deny her creativity and versatility. I feel that GP/ex-fans/fair weathered fans who keep criticizing unreasonably don't know what to make of her because they are hung up on their own projections of what they think a pop artist should be at any given age. Too bad that they are so close-minded. In the meantime, she just soldiers on!

She is truly one of a kind. Love her so much. :inlove:

Madonna has always been diverse, but the way she's been doing things this era ties in perfectly with the theme of the album. She is showing her rebel side and her heart side both exist within her. It may seem to be a contradiction on the surface, but if you dig deeper, you realize we are all like that. It's all really fascinating. She continues to amaze me. No one out there at the moment has this level of complexity presented in such a natural way.

Wonderful thread, Janelle! One of the most interesting things about Madonna is how complex she is. This era has been about the balance between her rebel and her heart and I think she's done so wonderfully. Such an amaaaaazing era so far. She kills me tbh.

This is one of the reasons that I love her. You want fun upbeat dance tracks??She 's got them. You want heartbreaking ballads? She's got them too. Different knd of vids and looks. I really have no desire to follow anyone else because I get it all from her and then some

:clap: :clap: :clap:

M is quite the chameleon. LUV her. She actually has ideas behind her art. When I heard her explain the sexy clergy clothes on the reinvention da ncers, I was amazed. It wasn't to offend or just to be artsy. She was making a commentary that religion can destroy and divide us rather than promote humanity. She is a true artist.