MadonnaNation.com Forums
Mensch

Christine & The Queens

6 minutes ago, Kurwisko said:

Is the second album really that good? Debut had some great tracks (I only listened to en version).

I like it much better than the debut. Haven’t stopped listening since it came out. 

To me the music sounds a lot like Shura’s album. I was disappointed that Shura hasn’t had the impact she deserves. She’s also a M fan. 

23 minutes ago, Kurwisko said:

Is the second album really that good? Debut had some great tracks (I only listened to en version).

My favorite pop album of the year! 

I love this song and performance! its going to be in the show for sure!

14 minutes ago, david86 said:

I love this song and performance! its going to be in the show for sure!

ohhhh I looveee this. reminds me a little of stromae (though she seems less pretentious. sorrynotsorry) 😉

as usual, European artists are ahead of the curve. I really think this rap/bad hip hop shit has run its course and we'll see more of a dance/funk blend in music again. let's hope M doesn't repeat her hard candy mistake.

I hope so too! 

these performers give me hope!

As Dutch person we adore anything French, but Chris is just too good to be true!! ❤️

honestly best album I've heard in years. absolutely love her. didn't think It was possible to surpass her debut album but dang it's just amazing.  been spinning the French and the English vinyls daily 

and well this little concert is just everything

5 hours ago, T0pher said:

honestly best album I've heard in years. absolutely love her. didn't think It was possible to surpass her debut album but dang it's just amazing.  been spinning the French and the English vinyls daily 

Agreed! I love playing both versions and having the two extra French songs which are amazing! Le G is brilliant! 

It’s just incredible! I seriously can’t say it enough. I love the way Goya Soda ends with that haunting 🎹 slow down...I LOVE Damn (What Must a Woman Do)...it’s so Michael Jackson...Feel So Good is my personal fave! I LOVE what’s her face and Le G is probably the best song on there record and I wish there was either an English version or a translation so I could know what the hell shes singing. 

What I need is proper lyrics cause they are all wrong on Apple Music and on genius.com 

She's great and took me a bit to realize that that was her who did the Tilted song.  Girlfriend (video and song) are everything. reminds me of La Roux in a way

9 hours ago, Nikki said:

we'll see more of a dance/funk blend in music again. let's hope M doesn't repeat her hard candy mistake.

Hard Candy is dance meets funk.  :wink:

My vinyl (en/fr combo) finally arrived today. Will give it a spin. Loved the album on Spotify. I’m curious to hear what the vinyl sounds like. 

10 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

Hard Candy is dance meets funk.  :wink:

well, add in a little more coad/music experimentation 😉

18 hours ago, Mensch said:

It’s just incredible! I seriously can’t say it enough. I love the way Goya Soda ends with that haunting 🎹 slow down...I LOVE Damn (What Must a Woman Do)...it’s so Michael Jackson...Feel So Good is my personal fave! I LOVE what’s her face and Le G is probably the best song on there record and I wish there was either an English version or a translation so I could know what the hell shes singing. 

What I need is proper lyrics cause they are all wrong on Apple Music and on genius.com 

the vinyls come with all the lyrics!

1 hour ago, T0pher said:

the vinyls come with all the lyrics!

SENd me pics!!! PLEASE!!!!!! 

On 10/3/2018 at 7:21 PM, T0pher said:

Awesome

Just saw the show last night and it was amazing! her voice was incredible!!

wont do no spoilers here. 

but at one very memorable moment she walked right past me, within inches. I am in love, just like last time in 2015 ❤️

On 10/1/2018 at 9:58 AM, Fever said:

I like it much better than the debut. Haven’t stopped listening since it came out. 

On 10/1/2018 at 10:15 AM, Mensch said:

My favorite pop album of the year! 

Ok so I finally gave it a try and I must say it’s actually very decent! Definitely in top 5 best pop albums of 2018 for me so far!

I think I liked debut a little bit more though! 😛 

If she ever performs in a town near you; go and see her!!

the show is great!! and she is touring right now

6 hours ago, Kurwisko said:

Ok so I finally gave it a try and I must say it’s actually very decent! Definitely in top 5 best pop albums of 2018 for me so far!

I think I liked debut a little bit more though! 😛 

Listen again and again and you’ll see this album is miles better...there’s a growth and an understanding that’s just so impressive. Trust I loved the first album. I didn’t think this would be better at all. 

Bruce est dans le brouillard is my absolutely favorite song from this new album. Hands down 

22 hours ago, Cyber-Raga said:

Bruce est dans le brouillard is my absolutely favorite song from this new album. Hands down 

Le G is probably mine but I think the bet song on the album is Doesn’t Matter. The Walker, Damn, Feel So Good, and Comme Si are all great tracks too! I love it all! 

Doesnt matter is spectacular live!!

You get to see all that live @Mensch !! You ll love it

if you don't stand in front make sure you get close to a small podium thats in the back

59 minutes ago, david86 said:

You get to see all that live @Mensch !! You ll love it

if you don't stand in front make sure you get close to a small podium thats in the back

Wait what? No I wanna be completely in the front. I’m gonna wait all day! 

In that case you'll be fine and have a great show. 

I couldn't go to the front because my leg isnt well. So I was all the way in the back. still enjoying great sound! very clear vocals and was able to see most of the show well.

when the encore came, to my surpise she was suddenly right behind me, walking really fast towards a small podium. thats where she sang 2 more songs, fantastic show. 

she walked as close as I touch her, which of course I didnt. but she is smaller even than I imagined. 

sorry for the spoiler, but this is a good thing to know once you enter the venue...

enjoy!!