MadonnaNation.com Forums
Mensch

Christine & The Queens

On 5/29/2018 at 5:37 AM, david86 said:

I LOVE this.

Funky song. Actual choreography. And she can pull it all off. Love her.

did you pre -order? where? I can't find a damn site to pre order it from in Canada 😰😛

I love this girl. She’s everything. I love everything she puts out!

Same here! I like her music even better than the video's and the melodies keep popping up in my head. its been like that all summer ; ))

Def gonna see her live again, her shows are amazing!

On 8/23/2018 at 9:39 AM, david86 said:

I’ve listened to this 3 times. I’ve cried each time by the end of it. This is turning out to be one of the most refreshing, most provocative new pop artist in recent memory. What a young genius so full of interesting angles to her music 

it doesn’t matter makes me want to run from everything while crying.

3 hours ago, Mensch said:

I’ve listened to this 3 times. I’ve cried each time by the end of it. This is turning out to be one of the most refreshing, most provocative new pop artist in recent memory. What a young genius so full of interesting angles to her music 

it doesn’t matter makes me want to run from everything while crying.

It's amazing how clearly technical her involvement of the writing process. Most of her songs stay with me melodically but hearing her explain the lyrics makes them even more intense. 

She has certainly managed to capture my attention, this summer ; )))

17 hours ago, david86 said:

It's amazing how clearly technical her involvement of the writing process. Most of her songs stay with me melodically but hearing her explain the lyrics makes them even more intense. 

She has certainly managed to capture my attention, this summer ; )))

Yes. I’ve stayed by her side since her first ep and have had trouble with her English translations and I’m so glad I entertained it. After listening to that podcast, I feel like I understand her so much more. I wish she would do that with a few more songs. 

I do think doesn’t matter is one of the best songs I’ve heard in a long long time. It feels so good and yet when the song breaks near the end, there’s this feeling of pain and sadness and letting it go. Idk I just love the song so much. 

I agree this song has been THE most important tune of the summer. the chorus towards the end is spectacular and her harmonies are the best surprise of her latest work. All her harmonies are small little subtle gifts to the listener. 

I like 5 dollars very much too, but Doesnt Matter is a classic!

10 minutes ago, david86 said:

I agree this song has been THE most important tune of the summer. the chorus towards the end is spectacular and her harmonies are the best surprise of her latest work. All her harmonies are small little subtle gifts to the listener. 

I like 5 dollars very much too, but Doesnt Matter is a classic!

I preferred girlfriend at first and wasn’t sure about doesn’t matter...the beats are so sexy and exciting...similar and then they change, her voice ...

I was quite literally on my commute to gay pride crying on the train, playing doesn’t matter on a loop. Every time I get to “run if you stole a charge of sunlight...eyeah eyeah” I feel this emotional release. 

And the “forget I said it, I soliloquies, a stinging nettle, their hands on their thighs” and then the explosion of beats ❤️❤️❤️❤️ I just love her so much. So glad I’ve stood by her work since the beginning and I’m certainly not stopping now! It’s only gotten better

You re right @Mensch if you hear this track a couple of times it becomes really magical. 

tbh I really have to read into the lyrics, but the melody makes up so much of the sentiment, that changes through the track.

The fourth Eyah eyah is magical on its own, but the extra chorus after that is amazing.

She really is what I would only dream about,; creating art in your own space, working with sounds, layers and filter. And using your voice as a very important tool / creating harmonies..

it reminds me of bjork a little, the way she works, not the sound. 

I m also glad I went to see her at the very first opportunity I had, I would highly recommend to go and see her live. ( but I know I dont have to tell you @Mensch ; )))) )

3 hours ago, david86 said:

You re right @Mensch if you hear this track a couple of times it becomes really magical. 

tbh I really have to read into the lyrics, but the melody makes up so much of the sentiment, that changes through the track.

The fourth Eyah eyah is magical on its own, but the extra chorus after that is amazing.

She really is what I would only dream about,; creating art in your own space, working with sounds, layers and filter. And using your voice as a very important tool / creating harmonies..

it reminds me of bjork a little, the way she works, not the sound. 

I m also glad I went to see her at the very first opportunity I had, I would highly recommend to go and see her live. ( but I know I dont have to tell you @Mensch ; )))) )

I’ve seen her every time she’s come to nyc. She would write to me on Twitter when she was finalizing her ep and I was begging her for lyrics to her English songs. 

Wierd thing I find annoying is that all her videos are not playable in the US...

like narcosist is back, night 52 etc...she has a few more videos and then I also love her demos. 

Really? thats unfortunate!! even the very popular ones like Christine (french version of Tilted)

You have to Listen to La Marcheuse. A Song in french she released a few days ago! Awesome!!! One of her best songs yet.

Saw her on Graham Norton 2 years ago, and forgot all about her, but this thread made me re-discover her and she's amazing!! And looooove her new boyish look!!! the 5 Dollars video is brilliant!!

On 8/17/2018 at 2:16 AM, david86 said:

new video ❤️

I am OBSESSED with this song.

So simple yet so perfect.

I know right? 5 Dollars is another beautiful melody

a very feel good sound overall.. 

Cant get enough of this girl!

On 8/28/2018 at 11:41 PM, Jim34 said:

You have to Listen to La Marcheuse. A Song in french she released a few days ago! Awesome!!! One of her best songs yet.

Thanks @Jim34 this song came in my itunes with the preorder, its great!!

21 hours ago, david86 said:

Omg I can’t wait to see her live again! 

I need a leak ...can’t wait for the film tomorrow. I hope that means a new song before the album drops! 

She was teasing a snippet of the first track of the album. On het instagram!

cant wait for this album!!! ❤️

11 hours ago, david86 said:

She was teasing a snippet of the first track of the album. On het instagram!

cant wait for this album!!! ❤️

I know!! The film is awesome too!

Counting down the seconds! I hope it’s out at midnight and not tomorrow!!! 

Its getting 5 star reviews!!!! I’m so excited! Best pop artist in recent memory!

It’s amazing! 

Damn (what must a woman do!) is very reminiscent of Madonna, what’s her face reminds me of in this life...most of it has a very early 90’s Prince/Michael...even Sheila E type beats and production style. 

Its a great album!!! Can’t wait to listen on repeat for the next year!!!! 

I just downloaded the album on iTunes!!! its incredible! 

have only heard a hand full of songs as its early morning here ; )))

I am happy! 

the singles have really made my summer.

the harmonies are a delight, and every song I hear so far is a grower! 

Album is Incredible!  Listen on repeat.