Turn Up The Radio Appreciate Thread

5iVe Elements

Lately i've been having this on repeat when listening to MDNA. I think it's an underrated single that had it performed better, more love would've been thrown its way. It's a weird dance song that it's not so dance-y like her other songs and it's great live.

And..

tumblr_m78whvLCcs1qeucjro1_500.gif

I remember everyone saying this should have been the first single blah blah and how it was the one song that would be huge particularly in the US...post MDNA,everyone seems to agree she released the wrong singles including TUTR

Whatever,still LOVE it! whether it charted or not

I remember everyone saying this should have been the first single blah blah and how it was the one song that would be huge particularly in the US...post MDNA,everyone seems to agree she released the wrong singles including TUTR

Whatever,still LOVE it! whether it charted or not

Well, in my alternate universe, she performed it on the Superbowl, it was released as the first single and it went to number one. If a hated song like GMAYL made it to #10 in the US, this would have gone Top 3 at least IMO. Oh, well, by the time it came out there was no steam left for that album. My second favorite song from MDNA, after Love Spent of course.

Off topic but no one else in the world would care to hear this so indulge me, please.... If I was Guy Oseary, MDNA singles would have gone this way:

Buzz single: Masterpiece released in early December with a movie montage for video.

1. TUTR (performed at the SB) released Feb 1.

2. Love Spent - released March 23 along with album

3. GGW - released in May for the beginning of the tour

Off topic but no one else in the world would care to hear this so indulge me, please.... If I was Guy Oseary, MDNA singles would have gone this way:

Buzz single: Masterpiece released in early December with a movie montage for video.

1. TUTR (performed at the SB) released Feb 1.

2. Love Spent - released March 23 along with album

3. GGW - released in May for the beginning of the tour

Apr1020151937fall55sma.gif

For me,I'd erase Masterpiece as a 'buzz/soundtrack' single and replace GGW with Falling Free on your list.And Gang Bang released as the last single with of course none other than Quentin Tarantino directing the music video :thumbsup:

TUTR is a guilty pleasure because lyrics are way too basic when everyone knows M can write some great lyrics for simple songs.

Video is actually pretty ok and fun, but don't think it promoted the single or tour very well at all.

Seeing the tour a few times, TUTR did sound very good.

Enjoy listening to live version on iTunes!

I was not a big fan of the album version but the video was fun, and the MDNA tour version AMAZING (one of my favorite moments with GGW opening and Like a Prayer/Celebration). She knows how to put energy into songs!

telaviv07.jpg

Guest Hunterlas

OMG I LUV THIS SONG!!!!!!!

Trully one of the best songs from the badass MDNA album.

I remember the first time I saw Madonna performe this song in Istanbul, I couldnt stop crying. It was such a simple yet joyful moment on the show.

I hate the bad rap that MDNA gets, it's one of my favorite M albums, I love almost every track and no matter what we all say about GMAYL, it had to be the lead single as it was an obvious SuperBowl tie in with the cheerleader chants and footy players in the vid. It worked perfectly at the SuperBowl and was a total highlight for me. She also rocked it on tour with that hot remix and blew us all the fuck away. Yes TUTR was the obvious lead single and probably would have slayed the charts everywhere, it just wasn't to be for obvious reasons.

When MDNA first came out, everyone loved it but when it didn't sell 10 million copies, everyone turned on it. Such a shame. I think TUTR is in the same boat now too. I remember all you fuckers going crazy for it! 😜

Turn Up The Radio rocks!!!

Turn up the radio is very good, an 8, but I have tyhe feeling that lacks of something, I don´t know what.The live performance helped me to like it even more, although I must say that I suffered a lot during her vocals, this was MDNA tour´s Bordeline vocal wise!!!

and the video, looks amateur and cheap...but they wanted that; I like it, with that summerish sun colour , the beauty of Italy, the fnas, the crazyness surrounding her...

I actually rather enjoyed this song yesterday while walking in a spot of sunshine. Love the production, its just the super lazy lyrics, and lazy vocal delivery that ruins it for me. She doesn't sound excited enough.