"Ghosttown" video thread (pt 2): continue celebrating this masterpiece here

I really love the still that the YouTube video has for the preview pic or whatever it's called. I've been working on designing a "Madonna" tarot deck for a while now and I think that exact moment is going to be the "8 of cups" card in my deck! :smile:

Beautiful video; one of her best since hollywood".

She looks good in it too...

Ps: the performance with taylor seift was unnecessary in my opinion; taylor swift is an artist that has nothing to do with the type of artist that madonna is.. Beside the fact that she seems popular in the usa, i can t even thing of more than 3 songs of hers...

Madonna should choose better who she associates herself with... I did not feel the performance at the iheart awards... I didnt think it did anything good for madonna except showing how hot she looked.... Hotter than that taylor swift by the way...

Edited by heymrdj1

The video is getting really good feedback on the YT comments. One comment said it looked like a retro M video. Which got me thinking about the throwback imagery in the video:

in front of the television --> Take a Bow

the chess board pattern on the floor when they are dancing --> The Power of Goodbye

the cityscape at the end --> Express Yourself

any others?

the cross...Secret?

Beautiful video; one of her best since hollywood".

She looks good in it too...

Ps: the performance with taylor seift was unnecessary in my opinion; taylor swift is an artist that has nothing to do with the type of artist that madonna is.. Beside the fact that she seems popular in the usa, i can t even thing of more than 3 songs of hers...

Madonna should choose better who she associates herself with... I did not feel the performance at the iheart awards... I didnt think it did anything good for madonna except showing how hot she looked.... Hotter than that taylor swift by the way...

Agree M can do MUCH BETTER who she associates and collaborates with although I honestly love iheart. Felt that performance mostly just concentrated on M and Taylor was somehwhere in background.

The iheart performance was wonderful. Madonna is a fantastic singer. The bottom line is that some fans will simply never be happy when Madonna "just" sings a song. They need to have a spectacle, dancing, controversy, costumes etc. or they find it boring and pointless.

For those of us who enjoy when Madonna just comes out and sings a great song, this era has offered a host of treats.

The iheart performance was wonderful. Madonna is a fantastic singer. The bottom line is that some fans will simply never be happy when Madonna "just" sings a song. They need to have a spectacle, dancing, controversy, costumes etc. or they find it boring and pointless.

For those of us who enjoy when Madonna just comes out and sings a great song, this era has offered a host of treats.

The criticism is not about her singing it is about her association with taylor swift.... I would have rather she sang it alone! That s the point... Which you totally missed

Agree M can do MUCH BETTER who she associates and collaborates with although I honestly love iheart. Felt that performance mostly just concentrated on M and Taylor was somehwhere in background.

It seems like you at least got my point! ;-)

I have nothing against iheart ; actually it might be better than billboard and american music award which i never watch...

The criticism is not about her singing it is about her association with taylor swift.... I would have rather she sang it alone! That s the point... Which you totally missed

I didn't miss your point, and I was not referring to you. If I had been, I would have replied to/quoted your post. It's just an observation I've made over the years that a certain segment of her fan base doesn't like when she just sings and prefers spectacle, controversy, dancing etc.

As for Swift, I personally found her presence unnecessary but harmless. I would have been far more annoyed had she chimed in on vocals.

I hope Madonna collaborates, works, or associates with more artists out there. I don't understand why fans would want Madonna to be isolated from other artists.

1. ​Her legacy and body of work are sealed. Working with other artists will not change that.
  2. Working with other artists may help introduce her to non-fans. There is nothing wrong with that.
  3. That picture of M with other four female singers was fantastic. It shows her support for other artists as well.
  4. She is living for love and what better way to demonstrate it than working at some form or another with other artists. I like the fact she works with those fans dub the "lessers" (i.e., Miley, Taylor and Nicki). She's accepting and not judgmental unlike some certain poop stars out there.

I hope Madonna collaborates, works, or associates with more artists out there. I don't understand why fans would want Madonna to be isolated from other artists.

• ​Her legacy and body of work are sealed. Working with other artists will not change that.
  • Working with other artists may help introduce her to non-fans. There is nothing wrong with that.
  • That picture of M with other four female singers was fantastic. It shows her support for other artists as well.
  • She is living for love and what better way to demonstrate it than working at some form or another with other artists. I like the fact she works with those fans dub the "lessers" (i.e., Miley, Taylor and Nicki). She's accepting and not judgmental unlike some certain poop stars out there.

This is a very well written post, and I agree with you in theory. The problem is simply that most of today's pop stars are so far beneath her in terms of quality (in my opinion) that their contribution would most likely lessen the work.

That being said, I thoroughly enjoy all of the features on Rebel Heart: Minaj (have liked all three of her raps for M.), Chance, Nas, and even Mike.

^ Totally agree. Love her collaborating with other artists since it's so inspiring for her creativity, but in my opinion, she continues to seek artists out who are mostly beneath her.

Makes me question her personal taste at times!

I didn't miss your point, and I was not referring to you. If I had been, I would have replied to/quoted your post. It's just an observation I've made over the years that a certain segment of her fan base doesn't like when she just sings and prefers spectacle, controversy, dancing etc.

As for Swift, I personally found her presence unnecessary but harmless. I would have been far more annoyed had she chimed in on vocals.

So we actually agree :-)

Cheers

Count me in!!

She showcased her vocals and the song beautifully in that performance. Not pointless or boring at all. I loved everything about it, and enjoyed it even more because the big 'winner' at that award show was her backup guitarist.

I showed my mum the video today. She's in her late 70s. Her remarks were :

Madonna looks beautiful.

How awful if there were to be an apocalypse.

Ghosttown is a really good song. I like it.

Is that a dog or a wolf?

:)

the cross...Secret?

Yes, that too!

I think the iheart performance is my favorite. The focus was completely on the music and I loved that arrangement of the song a lot. I hope that's how it's performed on tour! Plus she looked incredible and I loved the clothes and hair.

Madonna looks beautiful.

Is that a dog or a wolf?

That's great with your mom!

I brought my mom to MDNA and she's in her seventies as well.

She was a bit shocked by the blood, guns, and her butt.

Madonna looks beautiful.

Is that a dog or a wolf?

:laugh: Love the sound of your Mum.

That's great with your mom!

I brought my mom to MDNA and she's in her seventies as well.

She was a bit shocked by the blood, guns, and her butt.

I'm not sure how mine would have responded to those parts of the live performance. Sticking with non-shocking stuff for now. :laugh:

:laugh: Love the sound of your Mum.

She likes mellow Madonna. :smile:

This video really gives me life, watch it almost every day and I'm still not bored with it. You know a video is REALLY good when you can watch it over and over for a longer time and not get tired of it.

Adam Lambert loves Madonna, and Madonna's Ghosttown video is linked in this article about his single with the same song title as hers.

More promo for M! :)

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/6545669/adam-lambert-madonna-ghost-town

Lambert says that the similar titles of Madonna's single and his own new track are just a strange coincidence .... "And I'm on my laptop on a little four-day vacation in Mexico," Lambert continues, "and I open up my iTunes, I'm searching through, and I'm like, Oh, Madonna's music is out! I love Madonna! I've always loved Madonna -- she's an icon, she's an amazing entertainer. And I see on the track listing a song called 'Ghosttown.' And I thought, What are the chances? What the hell is going on here?"