Rate the Ghosttown video

230 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate it?

Guest Pud Whacker

You cant expect everyone to love everything she does. Those people are called monsters. imo Madonna fans are the greatest because they have actual opinions (OPINIONS!!) and aren't afraid to express them. Just like she isn't afraid to.

So cool, you love the video. That's good. Let others have their own opinion. And this isnt just for you, this is for everyone. We all LOVE Madonna, but we all are also different - unique rebel hearts. That's what it's all about.

Sorry about this rant, but I have been a hardcore fan since 2003 and nothing hurts me more than someone saying that I'm not fan enough or I can't have my own opinion about this glorious lady.

Peace?

:thumbsup:

---

I LOVE THE VIDEO!!!

So you don't agree the storyline could have been better to flow better with the lyrics?

I think the storyline goes perfectly with the lyrics. I don't particularly need a video to flow perfectly with the lyrics, but this one does so wonderfully. The song is about finding love in the darkness of a fallen world, and that's what the video portrays. It's in my top ten Madonna videos of all time.

So you don't agree the storyline could have been better to flow better with the lyrics?

The video was a LITERAL visual translation of the song so how much better can it flow better with the lyrics? The aesthetics matched the song PERFECTLY and that's ALL THAT MATTERS.

I think the storyline goes perfectly with the lyrics. I don't particularly need a video to flow perfectly with the lyrics, but this one does so wonderfully. The song is about finding love in the darkness of a fallen world, and that's what the video portrays. It's in my top ten Madonna videos of all time.

Okay fair enough and thanks for explaining your interpretation :)

9 from me, loved it so much, but it's takes an ultra lot to give a 10

Guest Pud Whacker

9 from me, loved it so much, but it's takes an ultra lot to give a 10

oh what does it take, mr tasteinmen?

It s a music video and not a full movie. You can only do so much in 5 minutes and they made the most of it!

The 3 people in the end are representing the Kaukasian people the black people and the asian people. One of each "tribe" survived.

I'll say it again. It's a perfect 10!!!

this!!! Expecting a movie out of a music video :lmao: the subtleties and symbolism and message of the video went right through some's sight

Love the video and one of my favorites in a long time, but I actually like reading posters various opinions when they like or dislike it. Some fans might get very negative, but I always enjoyed hearing critiques of M work because for whatever reasons she conjures up both strong and negative feelings in fans and non-fans.

Almost all other pop stars are so freakin' boring and vanilla, but M continues to be very interesting (to me) as an artist and public persona!

Guest ziggy

A solid eight. It's fresh, innovative and unlike anything she has released before. Spot-on visuals, dynamic storyline, heartwarming (if slighty corny) message.

I just can't with these whiny GRITTY and RAW pretentious sloppy powerbottom flop fans. They're the same ones who don't bother douching before bottoming. They're the scourge of the world! Fuck off!

I just can't with these whiny GRITTY and RAW pretentious sloppy powerbottom flop fans. They're the same ones who don't bother douching before bottoming. They're the scourge of the world! Fuck off!

:lmao:

Where's Stephen to talk about nasty bottoms with shitty holes, he had me dying

:dead: :dead: :dead:

Guest Peaches

So the video was a 5/10 for you? :scared: How would you rate her videos of the past decade then?

The entire point of the video is that all the people and things she loved have passed (her career, her lover, her mum, Lola etc.) and it was all about her meeting the two new strangers and showing the vulnerable and loving side of humanity when the world all falls down. It's a simple and effective plot which is perfect to compliment the song.

And you said you don't need a full motion picture but then two seconds later you brought up Cloud Atlas? :mellow:

Nearly none of her ballad videos had a storyline let alone a sophisticated plot that some of the fans were expecting!

I'm sorry to be defensive but yes I'm going to defend this video till the end of time because I find it ridiculous for anyone to be underwhelmed by this video. :tongue:

Still underwhelmed. Sticking with my 4, but I admire your enthusiasm.

Still underwhelmed. Sticking with my 4, but I admire your enthusiasm.

No one just signs up for a Madonna forum to give her objectively amazing new video a 4. Please ban this 64 post troll.

The world suffers from bad taste. It's expected...

Oh I agree! I just find it interesting how many of the blatantly negative posts come from people with less than 100 posts.

9 1/2 a point off because its got a creepy crawly in it and 1/2 a point off because I dont see how her lipstick didnt melt and her perfume didnt vaperize with the blast while she was off in her obvious bomb proof bathroom taking selfies.

:lmao:

I know what you mean...

I'd give it a solid 9 1/2 too!

Lost 1/4 point lost for the Salvation Army TV from the Hollywood set (where's the flat screen?? these old sets don't get digital signal anyway... :chuckle: )

Lost 1/4 point for the TNBT acting @ 2:18. Bless her heart.