GHOSTTOWN VIDEO PREMIERE!!!! Classic masterpiece!

I truelly welcome back the return of a music video that actually looks like it cost some money and effort and thought. Allthough she has had pretty videos and fun videos (GMAYL had a big budget as well), this is definately a return and nod to the classic Madonna music video era. Thought provoking, beautifully shot and styled and a great attention to detail! I hope she keeps releasing cool videos for future singles! I am hoping for an Unapologetic Bitch summer single release.... followed by Hold Tight

how can it be better than hung up really? ok video is good but so basic. there is something wrong, like her make up, her outfit. Beauthy and dance is not necessary for this kind of video. Look at "earth song." If you are a living legend, you have to be better. To making a better video for ghosttown is not hard anyway. You have time and money.

how can it be better than hung up really? ok video is good but so basic. there is something wrong, like her make up, her outfit. Beauthy and dance is not necessary for this kind of video. Look at "earth song." If you are a living legend, you have to be better. To making a better video for ghosttown is not hard anyway. You have time and money.

Well, let's be honest here. Although I am not a huge fan of "Ghosttown" video, it is still much better than "Hung Up" which was pretty basic.

:electropop:

You have the Earth Song video on repeat I see.

Someone pleeeaseeee make a gift on the 2:24-2:26, that suffering face when she stand is making me emotional.

Hung Up is a completely different monster. Different song different time different woman. Seems odd to compare videos for a gaytastic dance anthem to a stripped down ballad

Anyway Hung Up is a classic, iconic video. Her last true video of iconica IMO. I prefer Hung Up to Ghosttown but I prefer Ghosttown to 90% of the videos she made after Hung Up.

Guest Rachelle of London

Oh no you didn't

You know how much makeup Michael had on during "Earth Song"...?

Love the video! Love the colours, love the story, and LOVE Madonna, she looks AMAZING!!!

Earth song :lmao: :lmao: maybe she could take some time to float a statue of herself down the Thames shortly after the GT premiere :lmao:

Some of the opinions on her previous videos are hilarious.

One fan loves RoL, the next thinks it's trash and Frozen is better (all though both are iconic).

Now Hung Up is boring? :lmao: It's iconic too

When LFL debuted people were raving about it too, so let's see what people say after Ghosttown has been out for awhile

Guest bluejean

Hung Up is a completely different monster. Different song different time different woman. Seems odd to compare videos for a gaytastic dance anthem to a stripped down ballad

Anyway Hung Up is a classic, iconic video. Her last true video of iconica IMO. I prefer Hung Up to Ghosttown but I prefer Ghosttown to 90% of the videos she made after Hung Up.

Well yeah. She put effort into this one. Even though Hung Up is kind of full of cliches there's just something iconic about the whole leotard/disco moment there. Definitely a defining moment.

This is the lamest post I have ever read on here, and that's saying something.

This is the best video anyone has made in years, and it ranks with her all time best. This is just obvious and shouldn't need to be repeated.

Wow, the costumes and hair are unbelievably on point. Her acting is great!

Why the hell are we even comparing to past videos. They're all different.

It's like, once something new comes out, the previous work was "trash" or "not good enough" or "cliched"..... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What are y'all gonna say about Ghosttown once Bitch I'm Madonna comes out...? :lmao: :lmao:

Guest ziggy

Well, let's be honest here. Although I am not a huge fan of "Ghosttown" video, it is still much better than "Hung Up" which was pretty basic.

Hung Up is a funny thing. Technically and on the surface, it is a pretty basic video, yet it's one of her iconic career milestones. Goes to show how far a good song will take you. On stricty visual terms, both GMAYL and GGW are better videos than anything she did for COADF, yet the songs they were created to illustrate are such shameful embarrasments that the visuals lose their point and everything falls flat.

I said this in an earlier post but Ghosttown is her first video since Hung Up that gets everything right: sound, vision, and style. When compared with her other mini-movie videos, it is almost up there with Oh Father and Papa Don't Preach and Bad Girl. I am impressed.

Edited by ziggy