Tour rumours/preparations

Nikki

I get what you're saying. But, the Material Girl sample in GGW on MDNA is one the greatest artistic achievements ever!

I love that! However, do you count that as "Material Girl" being in the set-list? "Give it 2 Me" is also in there. Take "Papa don't preach" on the MDNA tour - that sounded AMAZING - in it's original form - by the time we were all into it - it was over and on to a version of "Hung Up" that sounded NOTHING like "Hung Up". I don't have a problem with this, as I think the MDNA tour was fantastic and that Madonna outdid herself. A little nod here and there to past hits is fun, but I think it gets people excited and then they wait for something that just isn't going to happen also.

Edited by UnapologeticRebel

^you know what; strangely enough, I do count Material Girl as being part of the set-list - but, probably only because it was weaved in so well. I guess, I've already heard MG and have a reference point in my brain so a hint or nod does it for me. Those nods here and there are rather exciting for me, and, personally, I am very satisfied; but, I do feel empathy for people who did in fact start to get into a song, PDP for example, and did not get a chance to finish it. With regards to Hung Up, as an example of a song that is re-arranged, I will only ever love the original as I consider that the one and only perfect version (but, who cares about my opinion). But, from the point of view of the theatrical narrative of MDNA, I can see what they were going for so I accept it. I enjoy HU with the visual of the tour, but not as a stand alone audio. The new re-arrangement of the song does elicit a new meaning of the song, one which I've never thought of, that is interesting and fresh.

^you know what; strangely enough, I do count Material Girl as being part of the set-list - but, probably only because it was weaved in so well. I guess, I've already heard MG and have a reference point in my brain so a hint or nod does it for me. Those nods here and there are rather exciting for me, and, personally, I am very satisfied; but, I do feel empathy for people who did in fact start to get into a song, PDP for example, and did not get a chance to finish it. With regards to Hung Up, as an example of a song that is re-arranged, I will only ever love the original as I consider that the one and only perfect version (but, who cares about my opinion). But, from the point of view of the theatrical narrative of MDNA, I can see what they were going for so I accept it. I enjoy HU with the visual of the tour, but not as a stand alone audio. The new re-arrangement of the song does elicit a new meaning of the song, one which I've never thought of, that is interesting and fresh.

I can see why you would consider it part of the set-list - at least she recognizes the song in the show. As far as "Hung Up" goes, I really don't think there has been a re-invention of this song that is on par with the original either - especially not the S&S version....ugh. But, I did enjoy the MDNA version for what it was. Do you mind if I ask you what you think the meaning of the song is for the MDNA version? Just curious because I know you can interpret the art and meanings of Madonna's shows in different ways sometimes.

She has much better dance songs than Ub and holy water.....i don't understand all the love for these 2 songs

Of all the amazing songs found on RH, why she had to sing the song that I like least on the record (Holy Water)? Sigh. :dazed:

holy water..hell no..

giphy.gif

She is not gonna do a GH Tour and you whiners and the fucking casual fans, who should know better are gonna have to deal with it!

You are rather opinionated, aren't you? :) If the set list isn't to your liking, will you sit there quietly and "deal with it" or will you whine...?

I don't think anyone should get worried about there being hardly any Rebel Heart songs. They will most likely be about 10 of them. She has already said she will be doing Holy Water and Sex ( from previous interviews ) the 3 singles are a given. Plus Lyrics from Devil Prays, Heartbreak City, Body Shop, Unapologetic Bitch, and Rebel Heart have been quoted on her instagram. I think Joan of Arc will be a starter for sure as well. This should be a fantastic tour - as all her tours are. Plenty of new songs and great past hits.

or the AUDIO of this?

Yeah didn't someone say it's S&s footage? As for the vogue remix, sounds like just a fan mix. There will be loads of this faked material going up online over the next few weeks.

It took us two years to get the MDNA tour demos. I doubt we will be getting a leaked one so early before the tour.

for those who say they're happy she's not always doing the hits & only a few new songs: i think we as big fans are always proud of that. but to me thats why hearing more hits would seem even more special because its so rare of her to do that. and i don't count SS because there were so many reinventions and I just don't think it was so greatly done. compared to lets say.. confessions & rit (the reinvention or mix of live to tell was amazing)

Guest Rachelle of London

Theres nothing better than being in an arena/stadium and the whole crowd knows the song lyric for lyric. The hits are sometimes the highlight of any concert by any artist.