Tour rumours/preparations

Nikki

Oh wow, auditions next week in nyc!! Flamenco dancers means we will (hopefully) get La Isla Bonita, Spanish Eyes, Who's That Girl and Take a Bow as part of the same segment as Living for Love!

It would be cool if instead of the thematic segments she instead did segments based on the musical sound / vibe, and maybe tied to a geographical element, such as:

East (Indian / middle eastern sound): Illuminati, Beautiful Stranger, Body Shop, Erotica, Best Night

West (country sound): Devil Pray, Don't Tell Me, Rebel Heart, Secret, Ghosttown

South (Latin / caribbean sound): Living for Love (reworked), La Isla Bonita, Spanish Eyes, Who's That Girl, Unapologetic Bitch

North (??? don't know what unifying sound to use for this section, but the following songs will hopefully be included): Into the Groove, Bitch I'm Madonna, Inside Out, Holy Water (a given, since there will be a pole dancer, otherwise I think WAOM should be here instead), Ray of Light

Encore: Holiday

Also, I was on the ticketmaster site recently.. the more recent reviews for M are all five stars but her overall is still 3 stars (due to lots of 1 stars from the mdna tour). It would be really great if everyone here who has access to ticketmaster logged in and left a 5 star review for her. It's kind of ridiculous that she has a lower star rating than pretty much anyone else when we all know that her concerts blow everyone else's out of the water.

OMG it begins! :stir:

I love how the casting asks for "smart" female dancers but when it comes to the male dancers, they can be dumb as long as they are hot and skilled in bed :queenbitch:

Total fake. Madonna was asked which RH song she was most looking forward to singing during the tour and she answered "Holy Water". It was a ask Madonna questions sort of event.

Ok first rumoured set list, looks absolutely fake! A friend got this from someone.

98C96AEB-FBA3-4F74-A5DD-6965C048DC9C.jpg

The people who fake these things have the SHITTIEST taste. Absolutely ridiculous. No real sense of creativity whatsoever.

A "Faith and Sex" section with no Holy Water or S.E.X. or Best Night...? Sex with the pope? WTF?

A "Love" section with Dress You Up and Music/Illuminati interlude to start...?

A "Surreal World of Madonna"...what the fuck is that supposed to mean? And with those songs? LAP in an opening act? Get Together?

A "Rebel" act with a bunch of past songs that really have nothing to do with 'rebel'....4 Minutes? LOL! Hold Tight and Iconic in a 'rebel' act?

"Psychedelic".... what? WAOM (Italio Brothers Remix)...what the fuck is that? Give it up on the shitty club versions of that song.

UB and BIM at the end of a show...in a "psychedelic" section? Rebel Heart at the end of show? Ghosttown opening the show?

....WTF is this shit?...... :huh::lmao:

The people who fake these things have the SHITTIEST taste. Absolutely ridiculous. No real sense of creativity whatsoever.

Agreed. At least make the effort in concepts. Here's a worthy rumor. I would gag!

MADONNA

REBEL HEART TOUR 2015

(Rumored Set list)

LOVER/SURVIVOR

Rescue Me(Intro)

Living For Love

Hold Tight

Deeper and Deeper/Hung Up

Who's That Girl/La Isla Bonita

Impressive Instant

Inside Out

DITA'S RETURN

S.E.X./Erotica(Interlude)

Holy Water

Best Night

Bad Girl

Candy Perfume Girl

Body Shop

Secret

APOCALYPSE

Heartbreak City(Interlude)

Devil Pray

Ghosttown

Nothing Really Matters

Acoustic Set:

1-Miles Away

2-Love Profusion

3-Joan of Arc

4-You'll See

REBEL BITCH

Veni Vidi Vici(Interlude)

Unapologetic Bitch

Like It Or Not

Don't Tell Me

The Groove Goes On

Turn Up The Music

Girl Gone Wild

Bitch, I'm Madonna

Can you actually picture M saying to her crew, "okay so for the opening section, which I want to call 'surreal world of madonna,' I'm gonna mix the new with the old with a tad bit of something."

I think we might get a Holy Water/Vogue mashup. I think Vogue has to be performed again as she has those fantastic Japanese dancers who will kill it. I could even see it as a video interlude with them on stage :)

These are the hits I hope she performs:

Holiday

Into the Groove

Dress You Up

Live to Tell

Who's That Girl

Like A Prayer (or Express Yourself)

Vogue

Deeper and Deeper

Secret

Frozen

Music

American Life (video interlude)

Hung Up (original no remixes!)

Get Together

4 Minutes (video interlude remix)

Girl Gone Wild

Alternatively mashups or medleys of:

Vogue/Holy Water

Addicted/I'm Addicted

Erotica/SEX/Best Night

First the Confessions-type promo and now Jamie King as tour director... It seems that Madonna has read into my deepest dreams. Now bring back Cloud Campos and I can die happy :drama: :drama:

Guest Hunterlas

...dont know why fans hate on Jamie King, he has been Madonnas right hand in some of her greatest and most ambitious projects.

CANT WAIT FOR THIS TOUR TO BLOW OUR MINDS!

who was the creative director for MDNA? and what do they do anyway? a lot of choreographers choose different styles for each song anyway. like lilou for I'm addicted and i think one of the ladies choreographed candy shop & erotica.. but don't the main ideas for the tour come from madonna herself? such as the themes, the songs, the style/background set etc? not sure what a creative director is doing on a madonna show exactly. I just think it's madonna telling everyone what kind of tour she wants & the segments and choreographers present their ideas to her..

and i don't mind jamie king either. I love dwt, rit, and confessions.

Guest Hunterlas

^^

Exactly.

...and lets not forget he was also behind her for the glorious and ever unmatchable Superbowl 2012.

...dont know why fans hate on Jamie King, he has been Madonnas right hand in some of her greatest and most ambitious projects.

CANT WAIT FOR THIS TOUR TO BLOW OUR MINDS!

He didn't have a hand in MDNA, that's why it was so brilliant

FACT

I believe I read somewhere that Jaime King was involved during the MDNA era...he's listed as "Creative Director" I think. Michele Laprise from Cirque did most of the actual stage directing duties. ("Creative Director" and "Stage Director" are actually two different roles).

Here is a great article on the production side of The MDNA Tour, which mentions Madonna's creative team for MDNA including Jaime King -

“The main thing for us rehearsing in New York was that Tait were only 100 miles away. Besides the creative people behind the scenes like Mark Fisher, Michele Laprise and Jamie King, the crowd is the highlight for this tour, they make the show every night,” Berry told TPi.

Madonna and Laprise - with King in consultation - developed the dramatic arc of the show. Fisher and his design associate at entertainment architects Stufish, Ric Lipson, then worked in unison to develop their ideas.

“We need to know when to move set pieces into place, when to break it down so it doesn’t interfere with other movements and when lifts move up and down so I script that out with Jamie, teach it to the crew and then I’ll call the cues during the show,” said Morobitto. “This show has over 125 cues with over 500 movements within them and that’s not including all the prep movements that’s happening

http://www.tpimagazine.com/production-profiles/1594407/madonnas_mdna.html

(It's a long read, but well worth it, on how massive the MDNA Tour was!)

who was the creative director for MDNA? and what do they do anyway? a lot of choreographers choose different styles for each song anyway. like lilou for I'm addicted and i think one of the ladies choreographed candy shop & erotica.. but don't the main ideas for the tour come from madonna herself? such as the themes, the songs, the style/background set etc? not sure what a creative director is doing on a madonna show exactly. I just think it's madonna telling everyone what kind of tour she wants & the segments and choreographers present their ideas to her..

and i don't mind jamie king either. I love dwt, rit, and confessions.

I believe the "Creative Director" for MDNA, even on the tour film in the credits (if I remember correctly) is still listed as 'Jaime King'...according to the above article he 'consulted' this time around (as he was working on those two MJ shows for Cirque), while the bulk of the rest of the creative and stage direction duties went to Michele Laprise (from Cirque).

A Creative Director is basically the artist's right hand man (or woman)...in Madonna's case, making sure all the conceptual aspects of her vision become an actual reality in the final product (the show, the video, etc.). For an artist like Madonna, she's surely directing the overall vision based on what she wants, and she gets the final say, but the Creative Director works hand and hand to make that actually happen, organize all the show elements, as well as suggest and guide with their own ideas as well. It's a collaborative effort. Once the show is scripted out, with cues, etc...then all the departments (like choreography, sets, costuming, video, lighting, technical, musical direction, etc.) are mapped out, do their thing, and it's really the Creative Director that makes sure all those elements come together to work as a cohesive whole in line with the artist's vision in the final product.