Tour rumours/preparations

Nikki

Jimmy Jimmy will be our Im Going Bananas. Not that I'm complaining bout time she schools the new kids on the classic. Oop Shoo Boop Oop Oop Sha la la la. I really love you Jimmy.

I love Jimmy Jimmy and am not ashamed to admit it. :laugh:

Guest groovyguy

Madonna teasing surprising setlist choices for Rebel Heart tour

http://attitude.co.uk/madonna-teasing-surprising-setlist-choices-for-rebel-heart-tour/

Madonna appears to be teasing the setlist for her upcoming Rebel Heart tour through the medium of – what else – cryptic Instagram posts.

And if her posts – lyrics to some of her vintage hits with the hashtag #rebelhearttour – are to be believed, fans should expect some underloved classics to appear in the setlist when the tour kicks off in Montreal on September 9.

madonna-sword1440x810-1024x576.jpg

For many years now, Madonna’s tours have focused on her current album with a smattering of her biggest hits:Vogue, Holiday, Like A Prayer, Hung Up (the electric guitar version – sob). But just check out the songs she’s teasing, through song lyrics – and sometimes, song titles:

Deeper and Deeper (YAAAAS)
Love Don’t Live Here Anymore
Who’s That Girl
Dress You Up
True Blue

…That’s some vintage, underappreciated Madge right there. Several sources are reporting that today, Madonna posted – then quickly deleted – this update, suggesting she’ll include sugar-sweet True Blue album track Jimmy Jimmy:

11265012_893360594056547_343361346066017

Nothing personal, but she owes Australia jack shit. In some countries Sticky & Sweet was the 1st ever Madonna show...

& It was what it was...That's Madonna.

AS if she's going to make the setlist according to Austrialia. She has a bigger problem with the decline of tickets and I guess she's aim to have a celebration of music.

There is no way she is singing :

Dress You Up

Love Don't Live Here Anymore

Who's That Girl

True Blue

Deeper & Deeper

etc. They are all minor hits, not big ones which she needs to go alongside the new RH songs.

I really don't like your attitude right now tbqh

There is no way she is singing :

Dress You Up

Love Don't Live Here Anymore

Who's That Girl

True Blue

Deeper & Deeper

etc. They are all minor hits, not big ones which she needs to go alongside the new RH songs.

Dress you up, Who's that girl, True Blue and Deeper and Deeper are famous and much loved songs of Madonna's plus being hit songs.. Love don't live here anymore was her first big ballad and is also loved. Would love hearing all of these songs in concert.

A few of the obscure hits, yes, but let's look at it another way. She's coming to Australia, where her latest album has sold around 10 000 copies all up. She has six concerts scheduled (at this stage) and if they all sell out (and no extra shows are added), she'll play to around 90 000 people in Australia. That means that every time she plays something from RH, 80 000 people will be wondering when she's going to play something they know. She'll definitely play at least 7 tracks from RH, so she's going to need to balance this out with some massive hits (as well as other well known songs from her catalogue that will keep the hard core fans happy). I guess you have to live in a country that she hasn't toured in for over two decades (or ever) to really understand and appreciate this.

Your forgetting many people in Australia may have streamed the album, watched the videos on You Tube or downloaded it illegally.

The themes of the songs and the order in which she posted them make me think Heartbreak City and Love Don't Live Here anymore could be a mash-up of some kind, which would be incredible.

".....and it's not that pretty." 5 second pause. "just a vacancy..." Ugh YAS!!!

Ugh, I kind of hate Jimmy Jimmy but it's doubtfull she will be playing 3 songs from the same era (True Blue, Jimmy and Who's That Girl) unless it's some kind of medley.

Not getting excited until we get the final setlist. I'd love to hear Dress You Up and others, but I want full on proper performances not hiding behind guitars. Maybe she's feeling nostalgic this time around and will give some much deserved time to some of the gems she's forgotten about.

She's performing every song she has ever recorded in one massive 2 hour megamix. You heard it here first.

I'll be at the bar when she gets to the Evita soundtrack.

She better not leave out Hey You!!

The themes of the songs and the order in which she posted them make me think Heartbreak City and Love Don't Live Here anymore could be a mash-up of some kind, which would be incredible.

".....and it's not that pretty." 5 second pause. "just a vacancy..." Ugh YAS!!!

I'm NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO HANDLE THIS.

From my experience 'casual fans' were pissed off standing in a rainy field

& not feeling the re-inventions of her songs on Sticky.

I love most of her re-inventions but she should cut the bullshit were she says

she's bored of performing those songs in their original version, if anything

her hits catalog remains 'underperformed'..if that makes sense.

I know i'll b there screaming & jumping up & down & enjoying EVRYTHANG.

But it's kind of a shame when some thick people only recognize a song

when the chorus kicks in. It takes away from the atmosphere 4 the audience

as a whole...but that's me looking at it from the TOP 40 fans perspective.

JAzzy i'd love 2 come!

OH AND NOTHING PISSES ME OFF MORE THEN PEOPLE WHO GO 2 A CONCERT NOT BOTHERING

2 LISTEN 2 THE PERFORMERS LATEST ALBUM BEFORE.

She has posted JML first line too!

Yup!!! I feel like we'll know they aren't real if she posts more than could ever be on a setlist.

Until, then I'm collecting all of the songs she's mentioned recently into a Spotify playlist lol

From my experience 'casual fans' were pissed off standing in a rainy field

& not feeling the re-inventions of her songs on Sticky.

I love most of her re-inventions but she should cut the bullshit were she says

she's bored of performing those songs in their original version, if anything

her hits catalog remains 'underperformed'..if that makes sense.

I know i'll b there screaming & jumping up & down & enjoying EVRYTHANG.

But it's kind of a shame when some thick people only recognize a song

when the chorus kicks in. It takes away from the atmosphere 4 the audience

as a whole...but that's me looking at it from the TOP 40 fans perspective.

JAzzy i'd love 2 come!

OH AND NOTHING PISSES ME OFF MORE THEN PEOPLE WHO GO 2 A CONCERT NOT BOTHERING

2 LISTEN 2 THE PERFORMERS LATEST ALBUM BEFORE.

I always thought she should've come to our country with RIT first. there were some reinventions but I think it's more gp-friendly overall. I remember the praise she got when I read a review here about the gig in arnhem. I may be biased because it was the first tour I saw & I became a huge fan since then. but to me RIT is close to a perfect tour (at least in 2004) for the casual fan. I heard about DWT but didn't even wanna go because something about it threw me off, had I seen that one first I don't think I would've loved it as much. RIT sold me. I went from casual to hardcore fan.

I love it when she reinvents songs like deeper & deeper & bedtime story on RIT. I think they are beautifully done. compared to human nature & adding candy shop in it :p (I love the SS version though I can't help it :p the way she sings "my sugar is raw" is hilarious as fuck) but it's not for everyone.

sometimes she kinda ruins it by having this amazing intro like the MDNA one & then singing GGW with that autotune/backing track. it kinda underwhelms because one expects something different..

Justify & whole lotta love could be interesting, I think that one's gonna work very well

[unapologetic Bitch Mode enabled]

Honestly I'm not here for the old songs. RH is my third favourite album and I want PLENTY of that. The only old songs I want for this tour are Everybody, Take a Bow, Nothing Really Matters, Sorry, Secret and maybe Don't Tell Me. I can honestly do without the 80's songs for this tour. I'd rather have her focus on 90's stuff because THAT has been extremely underperformed and ignored on previous tours.

Holiday, Into the Groove, Like a Virgin, La Isla Bonita, Like a Prayer, Vogue, Human Nature, Ray of Light, Music, Hung Up & Candy Shop can honestly all sit out on this tour. They have all gotten their fair share of performances. It's time for other songs to shine and I honestly don't care about Australia at this point, either. Don't get me wrong I'm very happy that they're finally getting to see her again but it's delusional to think she would include A LOT of classics just for them. If they end up complaining about the lack of calssics, they can fuck off. They should have known better.

[unapologetic Bitch Mode disabled]

All in all I'm extremely excited for all the great visuals and her teasing some obscure song choices or consideration does in fact hype me up even more. :dramatic:

I'm here for Rebel Heart and I'm an Aussie 😊

It's one of her best albums and is very Madonna if you get what I mean. Those songs will blend effortlessly with her big hits.

I'd be happy if and I'm sure most of you will be too if we get at least 10 RH tracks and 10 classics with a couple of underperformed classics from the 80's.

Id love it if she themed the tour based on her career instead of mixing all her songs up into loosely based sections like she does, just for something different. Like an old school type section for her early 80's stuff, a confessional type section for the mid to late 80's, a dance section with her 90's stuff and a SEX section for her more provocative stuff. Think lots of medleys and mash ups to get as many hits in as possible with a couple of complete songs in each section.

Just a dream, don't shoot me 😊

Come on I need some new real info about the Bitch I'm Madonna Tour. Gimmee spoilers I want it all now!

It's interesting reading different people's perspectives on this. No one is saying that Madonna has to create a set list especially for Australia (that implies a selfish attitude and there's really only been one poster in here recently who has come across that way) - a balanced set list is what people want (and, really, what is wrong with that?!). Those who are screaming for a set list completely devoid of her biggest and best known hits are the ones who are coming across as being selfish....but that's OK, because we all want want we want and everyone has the right to express their opinion :)