Tour rumours/preparations

Nikki

Guest Rachelle of London

Could you imagine if she starts tagging the hits and everyone rushes and buys tickets and on opening night M screams "Jokes on you" and performs a rocked up version of Candy Shop :lmao:

Could you imagine if she starts tagging the hits and everyone rushes and buys tickets and on opening night M screams "Jokes on you" and performs a rocked up version of Candy Shop :lmao:

Or, she should tease 6 or 7 songs from Ray of Light on Instagram and then just sing songs from the last 3 albums. There would be a ray of lighters riot :lmao:

Or, she should tease 6 or 7 songs from Ray of Light on Instagram and then just sing songs from the last 3 albums. There woukld be a ray of lighters riot :lmao:

:lmao:

She could also do a setlist along the lines of this :stir:

Baby Jesus (video intro)

Bitch I'm Madonna

Veni Vidi Vici

Iconic

Papa Don't Preach / Hung Up medley

S.E.X. (with snippets of "Give It 2 Me")

Justify My Love (interlude)

HeartBreakCity (with snippets of "Heartbeat")

Human Nature

Like a Virgin (Major Lazer remix)

Erotica / Candy Shop medley

Holy Water (with extended "Vogue" part)

Messiah (video interlude)

Like a Prayer / Express Yourself medley (Kanye West remix)

Living for Love (Offer Nissim Living for Drums)

Open Your Heart (Avicii remix)

Inside Out

Borrowed Time (video interlude)

Rebel Heart (with snippets of "The Days" by Avicii)

Joan of Arc

Ghosttown

Grafitti Heart (Diplo remix)

I have a feeling a lot of these songs (like La Isla Bonita for example) are going to be remixed by diplo or major lazer for the tour.....diplo even said that deeper and deeper was his favorite song of hers

M often has one random song on her tours such as Lament, the Unfunny Song and I'm Going. Bananas. I suppose it makes it interesting for her!

Add the Erotica demo and that's about it. Rest of her choices are almost always the hits that appeared on The Immaculate Collection/GHV2/Celebration. If she's performing all the hinted at songs, it would be her most extraordinary setlist ever...

Devil Pray and Like A Prayer would make a good combo (not a mash-up, but one after the other). The juxtaposition between the devil and God...

For the "rebel" songs, anything that's created a lot of controversy would work - Like A Virgin, Papa Don't Preach, Like A Prayer, JML, Erotica....

I'm still not convinced that she's giving us the actual set list. I'm sure she's seriously considering all of the songs she's mentioned, though...

Carta, do you think Australian audiences would prefer her to perform her big hits from the 80s or some of the bigger hits from the late 90s onwards

(Frozen, ROL,Music, HU)? We know she won't be able to please everyone but as she hasn't visited Australia in years I wondered if there was a preference.

Carta, do you think Australian audiences would prefer her to perform her big hits from the 80s or some of the bigger hits from the late 90s onwards

(Frozen, ROL,Music, HU)? We know she won't be able to please everyone but as she hasn't visited Australia in years I wondered if there was a preference.

I know I am not Carta but he will answer too. :laugh: Simply hearing from people that I know who are all going to get Madonna tickets - and I am talking about more casual type fans who think she is a legend, I think they would love both. Markm, they named all of the songs you mentioned from the 90's as well as the classic 80's songs. I have been thrilled at the amount of "casual fans" whom I did not even know were that interested, who want to go and see Madonna. My workmates and relatives who know I am a massive fan and have talked about the concerts to me. She has always been huge in Australia. Only since MDNA, which had no promotion or airplay whatsoever, has her hits dried up here.

I know I am not Carta but he will answer too. :laugh: Simply hearing from people that I know who are all going to get Madonna tickets - and I am talking about more casual type fans who think she is a legend, I think they would love both. Markm, they named all of the songs you mentioned from the 90's as well as the classic 80's songs. I have been thrilled at the amount of "casual fans" whom I did not even know were that interested, who want to go and see Madonna. My workmates and relatives who know I am a massive fan and have talked about the concerts to me. She has always been huge in Australia. Only since MDNA, which had no promotion or airplay whatsoever, has her hits dried up here.

No problem Jazzyjan, it's good to hear that people are excited about the shows. I noticed that I have a new legacy code from icon. I wonder if there is going to be a new round of presales. Have the presale tickets sold well enough for them to consider adding extra shows?

No problem Jazzyjan, it's good to hear that people are excited about the shows. I noticed that I have a new legacy code from icon. I wonder if there is going to be a new round of presales. Have the presale tickets sold well enough for them to consider adding extra shows?

Markm, I don't know for sure but it seems that way. Judging by lots of comments, people have not been able to get the tickets they wanted from the Telstra pre-sale due to such high demand. The adverts for the Telstra pre-sale are on the tv all the time now.

I agree with jazzyjan - they'd love both, although I think they'd also want both (i.e. Frozen, ROL, Music, HU and then Vogue, Like A Prayer, something from True Blue, something from LAV and something big from Madonna) :) She could actually easily do those nine songs (they'd guarantee that everyone was happy, regardless of what else she chose to perform), add another six under-performed favourites, six RH tracks and voila! Everyone across the world is happy, from those who've seen her every time she's ever toured to those who've never seen her perform live before.

As jazzyjan said, interest is really high amongst casual fans for this tour. Some of my friends (who have always loved her) are worried that she won't perform any of her classics, though, and are reluctant to spend so much money to hear songs that they either don't know or love (in the hope that they'll hear multiple classics). It's great to see the general buzz, though!! :)

A mixture of all eras would be ideal, with 7 RH tracks mixed in. I'm more interested in anything LAP onwards personally, but you will have fans who were teens in the early to mid 80s who want the real old stuff as well.

Although I personally like the stuff from LAP onwards more, I do think a lot of casual fans love the 80's stuff more. This is just from what some people from Australia that I know have posted on Facebook. At concerts, people do tend to like the fun sing along songs more. Some of the later stuff like Frozen is more serious. So far,from her hints there seems to be more 80's stuff.

It does seem very eighties focussed which we know she's not a huge fan of.

She's playing a dangerous game if she drops these hints and then we end up with Diplo mixing NKM, HN and CS.

She really needs some stellar reviews to get the general public to fall back in love with her.

It does seem very eighties focussed which we know she's not a huge fan of.

She's playing a dangerous game if she drops these hints and then we end up with Diplo mixing NKM, HN and CS.

She really needs some stellar reviews to get the general public to fall back in love with her.

In practically every interview to promote Rebel Heart, she said how much she loved the 80's when she first started in the music business. So I'm not sure where you get she's not a fan of the 80's. Maybe there was a time when she was against her 80's stuff, but I don't see that now.

Her tours have always gotten great reviews. People either like her or don't by now, I don't think reviews make that big a difference. By the time reviews come out, people have already bought tickets or decided not to buy tickets.

Yeah during the stretch from Ray of Light to American Life she was almost like a teenager thinking her childhood was 'uncool' in regard to her thoughts about the 80s. I think she is well on the other side of that now, and proud of all her work.

I agree and I also think Australian audiences would appreciate the 90's stuff. After all, she had six number one albums in Australia during the 90s and a lot of decent sized hits as well.

In practically every interview to promote Rebel Heart, she said how much she loved the 80's when she first started in the music business. So I'm not sure where you get she's not a fan of the 80's. Maybe there was a time when she was against her 80's stuff, but I don't see that now.

Her tours have always gotten great reviews. People either like her or don't by now, I don't think reviews make that big a difference. By the time reviews come out, people have already bought tickets or decided not to buy tickets.

That's correct!! And I like this

So far we have:

-Like A Virgin

-Dress You Up
-Body Shop
-Justify my Love
-Who's that Girl
-True Blue
-Love don't live here anymore
-Deeper and Deeper
-Devil Pray
-Into the Groove