Madonna's dermatologist found dead

Guest bluejean

I LOVE Tina Fey.

She's s comedian. Dave Letterman said a zillion awful things about Madonna. So what? Comedians talk shit about everyone.

I'm not saying we should all hate Tina Fey, neither am I saying we should hate anyone who makes fun of M

I love Tina Fey, and I've loved all her shows and a few of her movies (Mean Girls, Date Night, Baby Mama, etc). In fact, I even read her book - Bossy Pants - and found it hilarious.

However, as much as I love her, I do find it odd the way she picks on M. I could totally be over thinking this - but from everything I've observed, she makes it a point to make fun of Madonna in a manner that one could consider mean-spirited.

A few examples that stand out:-

30 Rock:

1. She (as Liz Lemon) tries to convince Jenna (played by the epic Jane Krakowski) to not do botox and age gracefully like Meryl Streep and not go all plastic and get "Gollum Arms like Madonna".

2. In the Kidnapped By Danger episode - Jenna parodies M's Golden Globes acceptance speech (gloves included).

SNL:

1. "Madonna says 'New York has lost it's spark that made it fresh and exciting'. So have you, Madonna!"

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt:

1. Dr. Brandt (as mentioned above)

2. Carol Kane's character is watching jeopardy and the category is "Awful Madonna songs from 1987" - "Who's That Girl"

Then again, maybe I'm just being too sensitive

I love Tina Fey. I'm a huge 30 Rock fan and love her work with Amy Poehler (who I adore also - Parks and Recreation was brilliant). I really don't think that a parody of Dr Brandt would have caused him to commit suicide, it's too early to know anyway, it could all be tabloid nonsense. You cannot blame a TV comedy on someone dying, that's absurd. If that was the case all of the SNL cast would be on trial.

Brandt obviously had a mental illness that caused him to take his own life. Only he will ever know why he did it. There's been no mention of a suicide note as yet. I personally found him to be quite a scary character from photos and videos I've seen of him, he obviously had issues with aging and his looks, maybe he couldn't handle getting old, but who knows? It's a shame as he seemed to be a really nice guy from what others have been saying about him.

[JoanRivers1997]The girl never wanted to leave the womb, she thought it was a great place to meet men![/JoanRivers1997]

i don't get how you can even love tina fey to be honest.

and lets be honest, david letterman may joke about madonna but it's never in a way that makes you think "oi, you're not even hiding that you really don't like this person". david 's pure comedy. its easy to sense the difference.

The Tina Fey Hates Madonna idea is absolutely ridiculous. Those examples are so tame it's laughable. Jennifer Saunders has taken the piss out of Madonna much better for 25 years through Ab Fab and the French & Saunders sketch shows all of which have been hilarious. Some people need to get a sense of humour...

The Tina Fey Hates Madonna idea is absolutely ridiculous. Those examples are so tame it's laughable. Jennifer Saunders has taken the piss out of Madonna much better for 25 years through Ab Fab and the French & Saunders sketch shows all of which have been hilarious. Some people need to get a sense of humour...

or sometimes the jokes just aren't funny. abfab is way better

Guest Pud Whacker

i dont know why people cant dislike this mean spirited, awful, cellulite riddled witch without it having to go back to madonna.

shes awful, arrogant, thinks shes so all that...the "hip" one for the fatty mcfarckle glass wearers...no thank you. i dont care what she says about madonna.

I do too magom!!!

But seriously. Who's going to fill madonnas face?

I guess his practices will keep on keeping on, right?

Sad news. If he was responsible for Madonna's gorgeous face in the last 2-3 years then he was a genius. What a talented guy. RIP

There must've been a lot more tormenting that poor man than a fictional TV show character that was or wasn't based on him. Depression is a very serious disease. It's very sad he felt he needed to end his life as an only way out.

There's no question that the character was based on Brandt. I'm sure there was other stuff going off but I do think it was highly thoughtless of Fey to allow such a grotesque parody. I get the impression he was a very sensitive person so being ridiculed in such a high profile way, must have been extremely humiliating for him.

Guest Rachelle of London

Ugh people are so immature here. Not everyone in the universe has to like and praise Madonna. Grow up.

It's actually embarassing. Not as bad as the people brandishing Taylor Swift a Madonna look because she was clapping to LFL at the Grammys.

i dont know why people cant dislike this mean spirited, awful, cellulite riddled witch without it having to go back to madonna.

shes awful, arrogant, thinks shes so all that...the "hip" one for the fatty mcfarckle glass wearers...no thank you. i dont care what she says about madonna.

ugh thank you! can't stand her and it has nothing to do with M. there's just some people where you see in an instant how they are. shady & vicious & full of themselves. i didn't like gaga from the start and looks like i was right about that one too

So he was responsable for bringing back the 1985 face? :dramatic:

really????? what is madonna going to do now?

well, and...I don´t know, is it really possible to comite suicide only because of a joke about you? I mean, it´s not the pressident in front of the UN laughing at you, it´s a simple comedian...I´m sure he must had more issues

SNL:

1. "Madonna says 'New York has lost it's spark that made it fresh and exciting'. So have you, Madonna!"

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt:

2. Carol Kane's character is watching jeopardy and the category is "Awful Madonna songs from 1987" - "Who's That Girl"

I found these ones really funny!! then again, she must be a madonna follower to have her all the time so present.That, or of course,

to know that she is so relent and so universally known that people will understand her jokes.Madonna is, in terms of being a legend

more than a living person, she is in the sme position that Fat Elvis was before he died, or Michael when he was been accused of

having sex with children, or sinatra when The Godfather was premiered.The difference is that madonna is healthy both physically

and mentally,happy, has friends, familly...but when somebody is bigger than life, and that´s the case, is an easy target for critics,

jokes...