Madonna's dermatologist found dead

Guest eroticerotic

this is really fucking with my head. we were supposed to hang out a few times and i kept postponing. he seemed like he just wanted a genuine friend.

this is really really going to bother me for a long time.

Guest eroticerotic

eroticerotic......are u serious? you really knew this person ?

Yes and no. He's wanted to meet me for a long time, I always pushed aside.

Whether he was famous or not life is so inpredictable. That's why I will never get shade. Just talk. Make memories!

RIP....very sad news.

this is really fucking with my head. we were supposed to hang out a few times and i kept postponing. he seemed like he just wanted a genuine friend.

this is really really going to bother me for a long time.

I´m sorry

DListed

Famed dermatologist, the godfather of the Pores No More skincare line and former HSOTD Dr. Frederic Brandt was found dead in his home in Miami yesterday at the age of 65. Dr. Brandt’s rep Jacquie Trachtenberg said at the time that he died of an illness he had been suffering from for a long time. She didn’t say what the illness was or what he died of. A quick second after Dr. Brandt’s publicist released that statement, a reporter in Miami tweeted that the illness he suffered from was depression and that the parody of him on The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt broke him down and destroyed him. On Kimmy Schmidt, Martin Short plays a character that is clearly based on Dr. Brandt. So some outraged people on the Internet screamed for Martin Short and Tina Fey to be tried for their crimes!!!!!!! But Dr. Brandt’s rep later released a statement confirming that he committed suicide and said that a character on a Netflix show wasn’t the reason why.

What do you think?

“The show definitely deeply hurt him, he was being made fun of because of the way he looks. It is mean, and it was bullying. But the show was not the reason for his depression, and it was not the reason he would take his own life.”
What do you think?

Madonna is wearing her cheek cutlets at half-mast today, because she was Dr. Brandt’s most famous client. She once said that he’s the reason why she’s got clear skin. His other clients included Kelly Ripa, Stephanie Seymour and many more fancies.

What do you think?

Dr. Brandt was called the Baron of Botox (Side note: Nicole Kidman better honor the Baron of Botox by wearing a mourning veil for months) and he apparently invented the Botox neck lift and a lift where he injected filler under the cheekbones. Dr. Brandt said this to Interview about his process:

What do you think?

“What I try to do is to make your face look like it did when you were younger. I always tell people it’s not just about filling in the lines, but re-creating the shape of your face as it was in your early- or mid-twenties. People see the lines as they age but they don’t see how their shape is changing. I think it’s all about restoring the contours. You can fill in a line and it makes you look a little better, but it doesn’t make you look younger.”
What do you think?

I’m with Dr. Brandt. I try to look like I did in my early 20s, but I do it without fillers and changing my face shape. I just always make sure I’ve got pillow marks on my cheek, dried vodka

Guest bluejean

Is the tour gonna be cancelled now?

:rotfl:

Oh whoopie. If anything it will be the second coming of the cheeks. She is going to pay homage to him when she performs Body Shop. People think that song is about sex but it's actually about all the work she's had done.

I unknowingly saw the show he apparently killed himself over for on Netflix today,only saw the first episode,the doctor he's based on appears on the 4th episode.

I only wanted to see it cause the lead actress was a guest during Ellen's Madonna week, she was the cute girl who came out with a cone bra dancing to Vogue when Ellen introduced her out...she's actually really good on the show

Tina Fey has often made fun of Madonna (on SNL, 30 Rock, and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) and sometimes it's borderline mean.

I don't get why though. I mean, Tina has made it big in comedy - a world that's probably as misogynistic and sexist as the pop music. Surely, she ought to at least acknowledge Madonna and her pioneering ways than make fun of her.

Tina Fey karma must be scary.

[Kimmy Schmidt is like every other Tina Fey produced & written projects : good premise and then it turns into an ott caricature that kills the whole thing. She still can't make the difference between a movie (or tv show) and an SNL skit.]

Okay so, because this program made fun of someone that knew M, it's not a good show?

And because Tina has made fun of Madonna, we must hate her and say she's awful?

Some of you fans are oh so sensitive to comedy. It's all jokes and shouldn't be taken seriously. At least Madonna is mentioned and referenced in these comedians acts, that means Madonna is still relevant and worth talking about! Yall gotta lighten up!

Can we just bask in the beauty of this mans work??? Rip

Tina Fey has often made fun of Madonna (on SNL, 30 Rock, and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) and sometimes it's borderline mean.

I don't get why though. I mean, Tina has made it big in comedy - a world that's probably as misogynistic and sexist as the pop music. Surely, she ought to at least acknowledge Madonna and her pioneering ways than make fun of her.

never liked her. even before i knew about the constant jokes to M.

There must've been a lot more tormenting that poor man than a fictional TV show character that was or wasn't based on him. Depression is a very serious disease. It's very sad he felt he needed to end his life as an only way out.

I was talking to my best friend about suicide in the middle of a busy NYC street last night and he said if anything happened to me he wouldn't be able to make it and he would be lost. Anyway, it was a very crazy conversation and he showed me that suicide affects everyone not just the person that killed themselves. It's upsetting that Dr. Brandt could not reach out to someone that could've saved him.

Guest Pud Whacker

And because Tina has made fun of Madonna, we must hate her and say she's awful?

Some of you fans are oh so sensitive to comedy. It's all jokes and shouldn't be taken seriously. At least Madonna is mentioned and referenced in these comedians acts, that means Madonna is still relevant and worth talking about! Yall gotta lighten up!

i love Boy George and hes said one million and one horrible things about madonna.

im so tired of people insinuating that because someone has said something bad toward madonna that i would ever dislike them - ridiculous notion.

and the same goes for people who praise her. doesnt mean im going to like them. that kelly ripa drives me up the wall.

those are just two examples of very long lists...