Ghosttown to be a sleeper hit? Discuss

I've been wondering this for a while.

Madonna is clearly trying to make this song happen.

The song is a fighter and it's trying to hold on at the USA radios (AC and HAC formats) and it's her best peaking single on those radios since The Power Of Goodbye in 1998! That's clearly a good sign.

Pop radios are finally starting to play it (we'll see if they keep doing it).

It's also successful in Italy and i've heard it's released on radios in Russia this past week as well. (not sure about other countries)

The video is coming this week and features an actor from the successful show Empire. It might not seem like a big deal, except the show is really popular, and it might expose Madonna to people that otherwise wouldn't check her out.

We also have a live performance in one of the top late night shows from the USA.

I have yet to find one person that doesn't like this song, so what do you have to say about all this?

The signs are here...and it's possible to happen. :)

Guest Hunterlas

Itd be wonderful if it happened, not necesarally for us... but for Madonna that has recorded a gorgeous song and is working her ass off to make this era one of her very best.

She deserves it. Fingers crossed.

It's one of the strongest ballads of her career. I don't know anyone who doesn't like the melody and the beat irrespective of the fact it is sung and written by Madonna.

It's a complete gem and deserves to be a massive hit. If Taylor Swift added her guitar to it and harmonised with Madonna on the chorus, it would be a guaranteed smash right across the world, but it absolutely should be a hit in its own right. Before anyone jumps down my throat about mentioning a duet with Taylor Swift, I'm just highlighting the fact that radio worldwide seems to be ignoring solo Madonna releases these day (Diplo currently has the #1 single in Australia and an additional single in the Top 10, yet "Living For Love" was completely ignored here....maybe if it was re-released as Major Lazer featuring Madonna, it might garner some attention here now that he's massive.....! A sad thought....).

In short, it would be greet to see GT become a huge sleeper hit :thumbsup:

the song is among her best, its her best single since jump so if we have to be honest its her first single that really DESERVES to smash! I was never sure about LFL, but GT should ve been the first single anf it would ve hit N1

Guest Rocco Papa

I hope so. In fact she should take some money from the bank and bribe DJs allover the world to play the song to death. It would be right now her best investment

No.

First of all, Madonna is above having to do sleazy shit like that. Second of all, don't ask Madonna to do the same shit you guys trash other artists for allegedly doing.

It's a complete gem and deserves to be a massive hit. If Taylor Swift added her guitar to it and harmonised with Madonna on the chorus, it would be a guaranteed smash right across the world, but it absolutely should be a hit in its own right. Before anyone jumps down my throat about mentioning a duet with Taylor Swift, I'm just highlighting the fact that radio worldwide seems to be ignoring solo Madonna releases these day (Diplo currently has the #1 single in Australia and an additional single in the Top 10, yet "Living For Love" was completely ignored here....maybe if it was re-released as Major Lazer featuring Madonna, it might garner some attention here now that he's massive.....! A sad thought....).

In short, it would be greet to see GT become a huge sleeper hit :thumbsup:

Tbh I doubt that Madonna releases another first single without a big featuring. Sad but true

Somebody apply on The Voice or AI and sing this!!

Adele's Someone Like You was sung on the Voice and that's what really propelled it to become massive in the US. I hope someone does the same with Ghosttown!!!

It won't be a hit because it doesn't have traditional label backing.

It is amazing and I am extremely happy and proud she released such a good single that pretty much everyone likes.

(to the tune of GMAYL)

P! A! Y!

PAYOLA!

GET!
A!

HIT!
FOR GHOSTTOWN!!

I see you chartin'

And I don't wanna see you flop

(P! A! Y! PAYOLA!)

I see you bubble under

And I don't wanna see you drop

(GET! A! HIT!
FOR GHOSTTOWN!!

Would you like to pay

Put in some Benjamins

Chart me up to the top

We can hit the chart

Get up to No. 1

Let's pay the DJs

Every one

(to the tune of GMAYL)

P! A! Y!

PAYOLA!

GET!

A!

HIT!

FOR GHOSTTOWN!!

I see you chartin'

And I don't wanna see you flop

(P! A! Y! PAYOLA!)

I see you bubble under

And I don't wanna see you drop

(GET! A! HIT!

FOR GHOSTTOWN!!

Would you like to pay

Put in some Benjamins

Chart me up to the top

We can hit the chart

Get up to No. 1

Let's pay the DJs

Every one

:lmao:

It would be nice if this song found a mainstream audience to become a hit but it's unlikely. No major label back up, radio has put her out to pasture and in all honesty the general public is not interested in new Madonna music.