I *need* everyone to talk about LOVE SPENT

ruey

(what was the point of the Hung Up reference by the way?)...

Gimme Gimme Gimme (your money)?

i wish this song was longer! It wilts away too soon after the dancey part picks up. I wish it was extended for another minute, as if her heartbreak was giving away to blaseness and the music was drowning her thoughts out

I'm Addicted

Gang Bang

Some Girls

I Don't Give A

Beautiful Killer

Love Spent

Masterpiece

I Fucked Up (different production)

Best Friend (different production)

Falling Free

This would've been a pretty solid post-divorce album! What was the point of those jolly songs (TUTR/GMAYL/SuperStar/I'm A Sinner/B-Day Song) on the record?

The point is not all songs on an album have to be the same in style, context and subject. Madonna's albums have always had a lot of variety in them. Everyone still seems to bring up the songs on MDNA they don't like. Lovespent is a massive fan favourite and rightly so. Just skip the songs you don't like.

my problems with MDNA are two: I had the feeling since I bought it, that most of the songs could have been even better if she haave had a little more time to work in them. In fact, the tour versions of the songs are better, and in some cases only the treatment of the voice have changed from the album, but that´s enough to make a 6/10 song a 8/10.

also, some of the songs, I understand that they are finished, and I quite enjoy them, but they don´t go with the full context of the album. Of course, she always have had happy songs and then sad ones, and then...but in this album is too obvious, they stop the flowing of the album.so, either create a happy pop album, or create the break up album (the second in a row, because HC also ad that topic in a few of the songs, although, in that album there´s still faith, hope that they could fix the marriage...)

but, when they talk about MDNA as a flop, an artistic flop, I disagree. And, as much as I like Love spent, and I love the live rendition, I think Falling free or I don´t give a shit are even better!

P.S.:I expected a mega rendtiuon of I´m addicted during the tour, and although it was good, it wasn´t mind blowing.But that´s another song that , with a few weeks more, could have been incredible.In fact, it already is...

Love Spent is amazing, best moment on MDNA. Could easily fit on the Music album.

I do find these MDNA chats interesting. Gives the album an edge! Makes me want to listen to it

I am brand new to MDNA. I was not at all interested when it came out and put it on the shelf after like 2 listens. Now that I am loving Rebel Heart, I meant to break out MDNA and give it a fair listen, and I did. That said, I fucking LOVE Love Spent. I am obsessed with it right now, as is on the album. I don't get the criticism of the vocal filters on her voice, as she's done that pretty consistently since Ray of Light.

I adore Love Spent. It's my favorite song on MDNA.

The point is not all songs on an album have to be the same in style, context and subject. Madonna's albums have always had a lot of variety in them. Everyone still seems to bring up the songs on MDNA they don't like. Lovespent is a massive fan favourite and rightly so. Just skip the songs you don't like.

I understand what you're saying but those happy bubblegum pop songs don't fit the album sonically or lyrically, at all. Music and Hard Candy also has this bipolar structure but all the songs fit in the same frame. Rebel Heart is a more eclectic record but it has a clear attitude and production undertone that tight everything together. MDNA suffers from schizophrenia and there's literally no dynamic between her "different" sides. She couldn't even describe the album when asked in interviews. "It's light and darkness!" and that was it.

Just listening to the MDNA tour version - how fucking amazing is this song? If any reason to love MDNA, this is IT. Ironically - as much as I love this song, I also can't help but feel how under utilized it's potential is... anyone else have these feelings?

This pretty much sums it up for me. It's good, but it could've been masterful.

I watched the MDNA tour DVD last night, and wow, I Don't Give A is fantastic, sounds so much better than the album version, also I'm Addicted sounds great with a snare drum.

I've taken to MDNA recently, I think it was a really fascinating era, and I love her image.

It's the best song on MDNA 2gether with Falling Free and Gang Bang

Madonna herself and her team have acted unwisely since MDNA era..

REALEASING ALBUM FILLERS AS FIRST SINGLES..

The same is happening now..releasing - to the general public - other - weaker - songs instead of DEVIL PRAY the best song on LFL album

Has Madonna lost her mind? Has her team lost its mind too? Some very simple and basic questions that need rational answers..not stupid ones

Guest Hunterlas

Madonna herself and her team have acted unwisely since MDNA era..

REALEASING ALBUM FILLERS AS FIRST SINGLES..

The same is happening now..releasing - to the general public - other - weaker - songs instead of DEVIL PRAY the best song on LFL album

Has Madonna lost her mind? Has her team lost its mind too? Some very simple and basic questions that need rational answers..not stupid ones

"THEY CAN VOICE THEIR OPINION ONCE THEY MAKE THEIR ON FUCKING RECORD"

- Madonna Louise Veronica Ciccone

Sorry, I call bullshit on what Madonna said there, if it's a real quote. Fans can have opinions on art without having made any themselves. That's kind of how the world works. We love music without necessarily making music ourselves, so we can dislike some music too.

Sorry, I call bullshit on what Madonna said there, if it's a real quote. Fans can have opinions on art without having made any themselves. That's kind of how the world works. We love music without necessarily making music ourselves, so we can dislike some music too.

I think that quote is about her coproducers and co writers, to make clear that, in her records, she is the boss

Guest Hunterlas

I think that quote is about her coproducers and co writers, to make clear that, in her records, she is the boss

That is correct PromiseToTry, I just figured Waradula needed to hear that since his ego clearly talks as if he was the CEO of Live Nation. You know, possessing all the answers with his infinite wisdom.

From the first listen, this became my absolute fav from MDNA. Love everything about this song. Even if it is kinda upbeat, even if the crow is somewhat present, you can feel the sadness and the pain in her voice. I love that it's two songs in one. Kinda like two versions of the story (doesn't matter if both versions are hers). I don't think it's over-produced. I think it's fantastic just the way it is. And that banjo... #banjooflife

Now, moving on to the AMAZING live version... Oh fuck! There are no words. I remember looking for the videos on youtube after each presentation from the MDNA tour, and each time got better and better... During the final argentinian shows where she actually SCREAM when her dancer is putting her the corset... Oh lord! #chills

That is correct PromiseToTry, I just figured Waradula needed to hear that since his ego clearly talks as if he was the CEO of Live Nation. You know, possessing all the answers with his infinite wisdom.

:cher: as if he was CHer????

One of my all time favorites. In fact, from Love Spent to Beautiful Killer is one of my all time favorite stretches on a Madonna album.

I love you. I just love you.

I know I already posted, but I am OBSESSED WITH THIS SONG!!!!! OMFG LOVE SPENT!!! I keep listening to it over and over. And then I walk away and listen to other songs or do some work and it's back in my head again!