I *need* everyone to talk about LOVE SPENT

ruey

Just listening to the MDNA tour version - how fucking amazing is this song? If any reason to love MDNA, this is IT. Ironically - as much as I love this song, I also can't help but feel how under utilized it's potential is... anyone else have these feelings?

One of her best songs post 2000 but the vocal completely killed it.

I wonder why they did it the way they did??? One would think Madonna & co. are intelligent people... who use their brains

I was not big on this song initially, but now it's definitely one of my favorites from "MDNA."

Acoustica version is luxe. Album version is too but yes the vocal is so processed.

It was unreal live.

MDNA era doesn't get enough credit IMO.

best song of that album!! and I hope, in a few years, this era will be more respected, ala HC, or Erotica...

Guest Hunterlas

One would think Madonna & co. are intelligent people... who use their brains

Are you suggesting Madonna isnt intelligent? A woman who doesnt uses her brain?

...my heart goes out to you. You sound so stupid, I feel sorry for you.

Now thats out of the way, let me say:

LOVE SPENT is fucking everything.

E V E R Y T H I N G ! ! ! !

I WISH she had included the "Love Spent" moment when I saw the MDNA tour... that is now my favourite part of the DVD. That performance is now one of my faves by her ever!

Love the acoustic version best for sure. But also love the album version... I remember not thinking I was going to like this song at first when I heard a snippet, especially since the lyrics are unique, but it definitely became a highlight of the album quickly!

madonna needs and album, ala umplugged, to make people rediscover these type of gems from her discography.Just her, the musicians, and her voice

Something to Remember II could have a lot of moments like this included, Love Spent acoustic (especially HQ), Joan of Arc early version, etc... fingers crossed that she releases it or something like it!

Guest Hunterlas

I was in Chicago the first time she performed it... It was my first time in the Golden Triangle. I was so happy already and then she started siging Love Spent. I thought I was gonna fucking die!!!!

Its THE SONG on MDNA. But Madonna was setting the trends to release her weakest songs as singles so naturally that wasn't one. If it was up for me THAT would ve been the lead... Its hard to gasp the decision to release the 3 MDNA singles when you have Love Spent Beautiful Killer and I m Addicted (another possible candidate for the first single).

Are you suggesting Madonna isnt intelligent? A woman who doesnt uses her brain?

...my heart goes out to you. You sound so stupid, I feel sorry for you.

Now thats out of the way, let me say:

LOVE SPENT is fucking everything.

E V E R Y T H I N G ! ! ! !

Oh please have a sense of humor for god's sake. We agree on the Love Spent being amazing, so let's stay on a good foot.

Its THE SONG on MDNA. But Madonna was setting the trends to release her weakest songs as singles so naturally that wasn't one. If it was up for me THAT would ve been the lead... Its hard to gasp the decision to release the 3 MDNA singles when you have Love Spent Beautiful Killer and I m Addicted (another possible candidate for the first single).

Yes so many fans at the time seemed to be hoping for LS for the third or even fourth single, but never happened.

I agree. Those were the three best songs on the album, yet the three weakest were release. Truly mind-boggling.

One of my all time favorites. In fact, from Love Spent to Beautiful Killer is one of my all time favorite stretches on a Madonna album.

I'm Addicted

Gang Bang

Some Girls

I Don't Give A

Beautiful Killer

Love Spent

Masterpiece

I Fucked Up (different production)

Best Friend (different production)

Falling Free

This would've been a pretty solid post-divorce album! What was the point of those jolly songs (TUTR/GMAYL/SuperStar/I'm A Sinner/B-Day Song) on the record?

I like the live version a lot because it eradicates all the bad things of the album version: shrill vocals, too fast melody, some of the silly lyrics and the cheap production (what was the point of the Hung Up reference by the way?)...