Rebel Heart Album Double LP

So yesterday I've received the album on vinyl. Is it just my copy or it's not a very good vinyl at all? Lots of skipping, volume issues etc. I've listened to Bedtime Stories, the original 1994 LP, right after Rebel and it still sounds perfect.

Should I send it back to amazon? I've tried it more the once, I even clared the vinyl because maybe it was a dust problem. Little changed.

What's the issue does it just sound digital? Maybe that's the wrong word but I've found that with some newer pressings, it's most evident on my new pressing of Ray Of Light, everything sounds like I'm listening online at a low bitrate

It's the same master as the CD, so it's not sounding that good to begin with. :D

Apart from that I can't complain about the production/pressing quality, but others seem to be have sound problems.

What's the issue does it just sound digital? Maybe that's the wrong word but I've found that with some newer pressings, it's most evident on my new pressing of Ray Of Light, everything sounds like I'm listening online at a low bitrate

No it just a skipping/pops/clicks/volume issue. The album sounds actually better than on cd, it's warmer and less methallic.

Mine it does skip sometimes, and the quality sound is not good either.

Anyway, I am happy to have it just as a fan and Madonna stuff collector :laugh:

I started a thread about this the other day. Mine doesn't skip but WAOM sounds fucking terrible, the final chorus goes up about 10db and is highly distorted.

I got the vinyl yesterday. It has exactly the same problems as the cd nothing else. The oversaturated tracks sound the same like WAOM or heartbreak City. LFL sounds incredibly good

I got the vinyl yesterday. It has exactly the same problems as the cd nothing else. The oversaturated tracks sound the same like WAOM or heartbreak City. LFL sounds incredibly good

I still think it sounds better than the cd/file.

I was referencing another poster who claimed that people don't buy vinyl to play. Which I find a little absurd. It's the only way I listen to music when at home.

New release vinyls are simply not meant to be played as most people who buy em do so to just collect em! They are made on low quality discs.

I didn't spend £500 on a new turntable, then £20 on each vinyl not to play them. I think you'll find they are meant to be played, otherwise they wouldn't even cut the vinyl! Most stupidest thing I've read all day.

Titty I apologise, I realised you were being sarcastic. I love listening to music on vinyl, I was in disbelief when I heard how much better music sounds on vinyl, from my experience, everything sounds so clear, warm, and everything in the mix can be heard. Unlike mp3s and CD's which tend to have buried instrumentation due to the brick-walling.

I am upset about the RH vinyl, but they aren't going to repress them so I guess we're stuck with it now.

I agree that LFL sounds fantastic on vinyl though, it's WAOM that bothers me.

I found that Messiah sounds pretty terrible, too.

It's such a shame that so many indie labels will put time and money into proper mastering for vinyl (and other formats), but big companies with many more resources can't be bothered with a bare minimum of effort. The vinyl market has grown in the last few years because of the dedication to quality that these smaller labels have shown.

That said, man that gatefold artwork is stunning!

I found that Messiah sounds pretty terrible, too.

It's such a shame that so many indie labels will put time and money into proper mastering for vinyl (and other formats), but big companies with many more resources can't be bothered with a bare minimum of effort. The vinyl market has grown in the last few years because of the dedication to quality that these smaller labels have shown.

That said, man that gatefold artwork is stunning!

This.