Madonna Instagram Thread

Camacho

ok,now I've seen the quote.I can see madonna agreeing with it.but I'm surprised that she posted it,becauss she was a grown up when tatcher was prime minister,and a lot of the things she did were very anti madonna's ideology...am I happy that she quoted tatcher?no.back in the 80s I didn't follow politics,but I remember tatcher being talked as a bad person,pinochet and reagan's friend...her anti gay ideology was unknown by me until a few years ago.at least this las5 part of margaret's ideas should be known by madonna.Im surprised.I guess she like the quote (me too),and then she, or somebody around her,remembered who tatcher was...

Guest Rachelle of London

Turns out mlvcpr was previously banned as therealalejandro and other accounts . *FLUSH*

Glinda you are certainly welcome and appreciated here and shouldn't leave.

:clap:

I read lately that in tatcher's era they thought about creating concentration camps in the UK for gay people.was it true? oooh,,the good old days when people here were talking about a kiss to an asshole!!!

I don't know.it seems to me she liked the quote and the she realize she offended a huge part of her fans, so she deleted it.time to go to a serious tv show to talk about it!

wow! the debate in Billboard.com is very interesting. They are not calling her grandma! In fact they forgot her and it's all about politics :laugh:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/6538843/madonna-praises-margaret-thatcher-upsets-many-then-deletes-post

Honestly, I'm pretty interested in the discussion M unintentionally created. I've been reading on a couple of conservative sites that there is anger about her allegedly being forced to take down the post to avoid offending "intolerant gays". :rolleyes: We often don't get to see right wing conservative media and trolls defending M!

I'm also not too surprised some in the Billboard comment section are talking about politics.

Honestly, I'm pretty interested in the discussion M unintentionally created. I've been reading on a couple of conservative sites that there is anger about her allegedly being forced to take down the post to avoid offending "intolerant gays". :rolleyes: We often don't get to see right wing conservative media and trolls defending M!

I'm also not too surprised some in the Billboard comment section are talking about politics.

It seems it was the right instagram post to kill the kiss controversy, she did it again! :laugh: #Genius

I think the reason us Yanks are pretty indifferent to the whole controversy (not that there is 1 at all, literally NO ONE cares about this particular flub outside this topic :lol: ) is becuz we don't live in the UK and can't fully grasp the legacy and impact Thatch had.

Someone mentioned Ronald Reagan, and what if Madonna had quoted him? To be honest, I'd still see it as a pretty inert instagram post, especially if she added the disclaimer of "I don't always agree…" but would I find it super awkward, zany, and almost unintentionally funny? I would, tbh.

That pretty much sums up how I feel about Madonna and social media. The only times I've been comfortable with Madonna being unintentionally funny (as in, laughing AT HER) are in her awful films or stuff like that. Not too comfortable with that extending to her instagram persona :bad::manson::( But oh well.

Perhaps being a Yank does sway my opinion or perhaps if the post had come from a known bigot i would've reacted different.....idk. Still, things seem to get taken far too seriously on social media. What I mean is, people seemingly trying to get angry about something......anything. I thought the same thing when Mike Tyson made that Hitler comment and it caused a bit of a stir. It feels like people are increasingly becoming incapable of using rationalization before reacting. Just because they could've referenced more "politically correct" people to get their points across shouldn't negate common sense. It pains me to think that after all Madonna has done for promoting human rights, equality etc that someone would actually think she supports everything Thatcher did politically because she admires a quote by her. And a black man supporting a Nazi?? It's like really people?? Lol

In regard to Madonna and social media.......mind you I'm not on social media so......to me it seems like she gets misunderstood just like she does in her art. I'm certainly not equating an Instagram post to the LAP or RH album but still, her point of views, the way she conveys her message are misunderstood and always have been. Apparently no matter how she expresses her views, it causes a bit of a stir.

Perhaps being a Yank does sway my opinion or perhaps if the post had come from a known bigot i would've reacted different.....idk. Still, things seem to get taken far too seriously on social media. What I mean is, people seemingly trying to get angry about something......anything. I thought the same thing when Mike Tyson made that Hitler comment and it caused a bit of a stir. It feels like people are increasingly becoming incapable of using rationalization before reacting. Just because they could've referenced more "politically correct" people to get their points across shouldn't negate common sense. It pains me to think that after all Madonna has done for promoting human rights, equality etc that someone would actually think she supports everything Thatcher did politically because she admires a quote by her. And a black man supporting a Nazi?? It's like really people?? Lol

In regard to Madonna and social media.......mind you I'm not on social media so......to me it seems like she gets misunderstood just like she does in her art. I'm certainly not equating an Instagram post to the LAP or RH album but still, her point of views, the way she conveys her message are misunderstood and always have been. Apparently no matter how she expresses her views, it causes a bit of a stir.

:bow:

I thought something else happened. LOL have you noticed on M's IG posts she does not say bitch anymore? :ohmy:

If she'd quoted Lenin, or Ghenkis Khan, or Chairman Mao, y'know, someone who butchered thousands, no-one here would have had an issue, they'd have thought it was 'edgy' and cool. Thatcher has just become a bogey-man for the intolerant PC police. The quote was on point, the photograph was brilliant, and the response brilliantly illustrated the point Madonna was making. Props to her for going there, and shame on the idiots who are trying to shame her for it. People need to get a grip.

Guest Medoner

She could have the coolest classiest ig if she wanted to, she has more content to show off than any other pop star

Reading some of the posts cheering on M for posting that photo and quote calling her a "genius", her photo "brilliant" and telling other users "to get a grip" really shows the disconnection from reality some people really have. Margaret Thatcher was an evil vile woman who should not be championed in any way. Yes she was a strong woman but if you actually go and get educated on her, then you'll see why this has riled up some of us (especially those in the UK). Madonna made a mistake and quickly rectified it, so she realised that it was a bad choice to post it. Let's just leave it at that.

Reading some of the posts cheering on M for posting that photo and quote calling her a "genius", her photo "brilliant" and telling other users "to get a grip" really shows the disconnection from reality some people really have. Margaret Thatcher was an evil vile woman who should not be championed in any way. Yes she was a strong woman but if you actually go and get educated on her, then you'll see why this has riled up some of us (especially those in the UK). Madonna made a mistake and quickly rectified it, so she realised that it was a bad choice to post it. Let's just leave it at that.

As Kim and a few others pointed out, Lucky Guy is in love with Marg Thatch and the fact that Madonna mentioned her at all has probably made his anus perk up in overwhelming joy :lol: Enjoy it while it lasts, this is probably the last time you'll hear him talk about Madonna with any amount of vigor.

Let him have his moment I guess. I felt the same way when Madonna started posting pictures of her in the studio with Diplo who I've been obsessed with on & off for years now.

For what it's worth I agree with her quote. It's something that has been said in a few different way by a few different people, the fact that she chose such a polarizing and notorious political figure is textbook Madonna, but I don't think she was in the mood for another fallout.

The woman is just as tired of the pointless "controversies" as we probably are. It hasn't been an easy 5 months. I'm glad she deleted it. Enough of this instagram horse shit already; that's exactly what it is.

And to actually respond intelligently and topically to your post, I think all I am trying to say is that she is killing her legacy. A large part of madonna's fan base has in fact jumped ship just in case you haven't noticed. I mean not being able to sell a second night in Los Angeles, only two nights in London...wtf is that when two years ago she was the top grosser? Be realistic, not defensive!

To be fair, i think that those who have jumped ship are those who live their lives through the success of other people's. Like those who support a team only when they win.

If RH had sold 4 million copies, they would be calling her queen, no matter Thatcher or disnigga.

It always happen with pop stars, in Madonna's case this has happened far later than other artists.

As always, I agree with you.

Turns out mlvcpr was previously banned as therealalejandro and other accounts . *FLUSH*

Glinda you are certainly welcome and appreciated here and shouldn't leave.

Thank you for safekeeping this forum and not allowing it to descend into manipulated chaos.

Guys, a question. Don't you think that ALL artists suffer whenever they open and show their human side? I mean, during the XXth century, when stardom was created, it was based on the mistery. Since Twitter and Facebook and Instagram was here, there were mistakes, gaffes, ignorance, etc. Look at Kylie, who is dumb, but people thought was sophisticated, until she was in that Voice program and people realized how dumb she is.

In Madonna's case she's showing a vulnerability now that collides with the strength and powerful image that she had. Some fans maybe can't handle it.

I know... with M, the ride never ends :lmao:

But enough with Margaret Thatcher already, on to a new scandal.

I hope she doesn't come across this in her book of quotes and use it in a future post. :nervous::chuckle:

''I am the object of criticism around the world, but I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.''

- Kim Jong Il

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/12/03/world/a-telling-north-korean-journey.html

Guest Rachelle of London

Guys, a question. Don't you think that ALL artists suffer whenever they open and show their human side? I mean, during the XXth century, when stardom was created, it was based on the mistery. Since Twitter and Facebook and Instagram was here, there were mistakes, gaffes, ignorance, etc. Look at Kylie, who is dumb, but people thought was sophisticated, until she was in that Voice program and people realized how dumb she is.

In Madonna's case she's showing a vulnerability now that collides with the strength and powerful image that she had. Some fans maybe can't handle it.

You are DEFO onto something

The social media and just the internet in general is making it very easy for people to be really vocal in spitting their hate and for celebrities to see it. Madonna probably never had to deal with so much negativity, hate and mockery in her life,maybe not even during the Erotica or the adoption backlashes, because she was able to ignore it back then, didn't watch tv, didn't read newspapers, didn't give a shit. Now she admits she actually reads the mean comments about her and that they hurt her, she doesn't know how to handle it and it looks like we as fans don't know how to handle it anymore either. And it sucks that silly controversies like this are taking the focus away from what's truly important, one of the greatest albums she's ever made.

Yes, wasn't it Mussolini that Mike Tyson was talking about though?

What is most offensive coming from the point of view of someone upset by the criticism of Madonna is that flipping out on her is like saying they believe she agrees with Thatcher's political views because she happened to like a quote. What if Margaret Thatcher said I love my family and someone was asked if they could relate to that and said yes? Does that mean they agree with everything else she stood for. Where are all the critical thinkers that want to separate personal feelings and emotions from appreciating something?

The ones who actually believe Madonna agrees with her views are not fans and are completely clueless to the person she is but then some go no I don't think Madonna agrees with her views but I'm furious and I'm glad she took it down. So their anger comes from hanging on to resentment and hate. They don't even want to talk about the quote. I get it. I don't like it but I get the anger and resentment but that is what fuels division and keeps it going.

No where in Madonna's post does she agree with her warped political views. I believe she did take it down out of sensitivity but the point is there. In know way do I believe she is clueless about what she posts and she certainly didn't take it down out of fear and people posting like she did is just, I find insulting.

This shit still going on?

NOT ONE PERSON in here has said that Madonna must agree with all of Thatcher's vile right wing policies, or inferred that by identifying with the quote, that she identifies with all things Thatcher. What HAS been said over and over is that it was an ill-advised choice she made considering the very specific negative, hurtful history that a certain large section of her UK fanbase has with the woman, some of them who probably still live in the very same cities decimated by her economic policies. Is that too hard to understand?

Not angry whatsoever. Just a little bemused that you and certain others keep going on about people IN HERE accusing Madonna of agreeing with all of Thatcher's policies, when, as I've just said, no-one here has said that at all. What's happening on social media sites, blogs, whatever else, has no bearing on the people who are giving their views in this topic.