Madonna Instagram Thread

Camacho

Yes, I love it really that Madonna makes gaffes. Shows she is human and gets things wrong at times. Nothing to be ashamed of. She only deletes the things that she herself wants to. She never deleted the Rebel Heart cord pictures because she knew that there was nothing wrong with them and she could justify them completely to the PC crowd. This incident was different and personally, I think it shows a lot of class to delete it as she realized later that it had upset people and that was not her intention. Another reason why I like Madonna as a person because she tries to do the right thing, and has her heart in the right place, despite what people think.

Well said. :clap:

Guest Rachelle of London

This thread confuses me. Other than Jan I don't know who's being sarcastic or not.

I still would die of cringe if madonna ever used a publicist to proof read her IG posts. Ugh

Yes, I love it really that Madonna makes gaffes. Shows she is human and gets things wrong at times. Nothing to be ashamed of. She only deletes the things that she herself wants to. She never deleted the Rebel Heart cord pictures because she knew that there was nothing wrong with them and she could justify them completely to the PC crowd. This incident was different and personally, I think it shows a lot of class to delete it as she realized later that it had upset people and that was not her intention. Another reason why I like Madonna as a person because she tries to do the right thing, and has her heart in the right place, despite what people think.

You mean Madonna's Instagram ISN'T a discourse on the deconstruction of the postmodern pseudo-identity in social media constructs? :confused:

AND here we have some members who believe Madonna should censor herself and adapt to the needs of the IG community because she is at risk making a fool out of herself when posting quotes, pictures or political statements that are taken at face value because of the incapabilty of this generation to think for themselves.

Just need this in bold letters.

Old Thatch was also responsible for CARE IN THE COMMUNITY (look it up) ....just sayin.

That's actually a good thing. The problem is that it was a way for government to largely abandon responsibility and cost shift to community sector. But if funded adequately, having people at home and in their communities receiving community-based treatment and support rather than locked up in an institution is a far better outcome.

However, you might be thinking of something in particular that happened with that reform?

We went through a similar deinstitutionalisation in Australia, starting in the late 70s.

That's actually a good thing. The problem is that it was a way for government to largely abandon responsibility and cost shift to community sector. But if funded adequately, having people at home and in their communities receiving community-based treatment and support rather than locked up in an institution is a far better outcome.

However, you might be thinking of something in particular that happened with that reform?

We went through a similar deinstitutionalisation in Australia, starting in the late 70s.

Love, didn't Madge teach you anything about fundamentalist literalism!

The quote was said by Margaret Thatcher. She posted the quote because she liked the quote and related to it on a personal level not because she agrees with Margaret Thatcher's political views. The problem with Madonna and instagram is that she overestimates the intelligence of people. The problem with social media is everyone is quick to jump down someone's throat without knowing the facts or even listening. You can like someone's quote without agreeing with them politically. I don't find that hard to understand at all.

I also think that is what happened here... And i also agree that madge should be careful because not everyone on the net is as smart as she thinks they are or should be...

And thatcher is right right right wing.... no way madge can agree with her politically she just liked the quote who could have been told by any other polarizing leader (left or right wing)

For an evolved, strong and talented woman, she can be so fucking stupid sometimes. I am quite appalled she posted a photo of Thatcher who is loathed by most people (ie not the rich) in the UK and especially Scotland, where I live. Thatcher was an evil woman who did not give a fuck about the people in the UK. She was a power hungry, homophobic, vile human being. For Madonna to post a photo of her has actually gutted me a bit. I don't care if she took it down. She needs to think before she posts. Her comments about Nazi France and now this, she's actually coming across as an ill-informed ignorant person.

For an evolved, strong and talented woman, she can be so fucking stupid sometimes. I am quite appalled she posted a photo of Thatcher who is loathed by most people (ie not the rich) in the UK and especially Scotland, where I live. Thatcher was an evil woman who did not give a fuck about the people in the UK. She was a power hungry, homophobic, vile human being. For Madonna to post a photo of her has actually gutted me a bit. I don't care if she took it down. She needs to think before she posts. Her comments about Nazi France and now this, she's actually coming across as an ill-informed ignorant person.

Another case of the media taking stuff out of context. In context of all the things she said in that radio interview it made perfect sense. The Thatcher picture is the same story. Even the idea that people would think her post was like worshipping or kind of endorsement of Thatchers actions or stance is ridiculous. It's like they have no idea who Madonna is and what she stands for. And even if they have no idea, that's not Madonnas problem. I'd say educate yourself. Is it really so hard to see that there are similarities between Madonna and Thatcher. Even if there is just one: being a powerful woman in a male dominated world. A woman everyone has an opinion about. Good or bad. A woman getting attacked for her actions, justified or unjustified. No, people jump to conclusions immediately. And never in favor of this person. Where is this "Oh, wait a second" attitude?

Another case of the media taking stuff out of context. In context of all the things she said in that radio interview it made perfect sense. The Thatcher picture is the same story. Even the idea that people would think her post was like worshipping or kind of endorsement of Thatchers actions or stance is ridiculous. It's like they have no idea who Madonna is and what she stands for. And even if they have no idea, that's not Madonnas problem. I'd say educate yourself. Is it really so hard to see that there are similarities between Madonna and Thatcher. Even if there is just one: being a powerful woman in a male dominated world. A woman everyone has an opinion about. Good or bad. A woman getting attacked for her actions, justified or unjustified. No, people jump to conclusions immediately. And never in favor of this person. Where is this "Oh, wait a second" attitude?

+ 1. People seem to be so basic like it's just Black or white. They don't perceive any nuances. It's kind of scary

Seriously? Most people GET that Madonna is quoting another polarizing "powerful" woman, that is not the (very basic and beneath her) point. Chances are that Madonna is NOT fully versed on Thatcher's history on gay and womens rights, therefore it was an ill advised choice to use HER to make that point. And again, there was no irony, or knowingness or sarcasm. She realised her mistake and deleted within minutes.

Guest Rachelle of London

Seriously? Most people GET that Madonna is quoting another polarizing "powerful" woman, that is not the (very basic and beneath her) point. Chances are that Madonna is NOT fully versed on Thatcher's history on gay and womens rights, therefore it was an ill advised choice to use HER to make that point. And again, there was no irony, or knowingness or sarcasm. She realised her mistake and deleted within minutes.

Why you even bothering to respond Kim? :lmao:

I come back after a few days and there's a new ridiculous controversy? These people have no occupation, friends and hobbies? Stalkers!

What, Madonne tongue-fucked Thatcher? :o

you know how gaultier compared madonna to napoleon? he said it on video, so it could not get lost in translation or on paper, but i guess she felt the same. its not about the politics but about a strong person. but on instagram she really has to treat her followers like idiots, as sad as it is. because they, the tabloids and haters, can easily take things out of context. social media is really for the politically correct.

Why you even bothering to respond Kim? :lmao:

You're right. Apologists will find an out for anything. I feel so misunderstood right now. A bit like Vladimir Putin (who has taken Thatcher's "ban on promotion of homosexuality" and ran with it) lemme go find a Vladdy quote about how to stay strong is the face of adversity and stick it on IG. It's not about the politics though you gays, before you get your pink thongs in a twist! It's all about male solidarity and stuff...

...er..um... *hits delete*

Another day, another new Madonna story

Shes more relevant than ever.

If she likes her, she does. I dont care who she likes. She is Kabbalist, so do I need to be a Kabbalist too ? No !

She read the geisha book, do I need to read it too ? No !

She likes Frida Kahlo, do I need to like her ? No.

So, everyones got an opinion, and thats good, no matter you like it or not. Deal with it.

you know how gaultier compared madonna to napoleon? he said it on video, so it could not get lost in translation or on paper, but i guess she felt the same. its not about the politics but about a strong person. but on instagram she really has to treat her followers like idiots, as sad as it is. because they, the tabloids and haters, can easily take things out of context. social media is really for the politically correct.

I think she needs to start dumbing herself down. It's really not fair to a lot of her fans. She can start by picking up some of the humour in here.

And then everyone can go "oh Madonna you're just so funny!" "You are so wonderful." "You really post the most wonderful things and we all love you." "You are so brilliant." " I can not possibly have a thought because you speak for all of us."