Madonna Instagram Thread

Camacho

Guest Pud Whacker

Yeah I think she was really unprepared for it.

She's a sensitive woman. And she wants to be great. The fact that people are so willing to insult her and go personal is not something she's used to, but believe me she's the queen of adapting to difficult situations so I have faith going forward she's not gonna let it bother her as much. I feel like the worst is over.

:thumbsup:

Oh please, the very fact that Thatcher disliked women and stigmatized gays should be enough for Madge to choose another "powerful woman that rubbish gays like" to quote, to make whatever point she's trying to make.

Anyway, she DELETED the post, as she should have.

nobody is all bad and a good quote is a good quote.

I don't think Madonna overestimates the audience intelligence more so than she overestimates her own. I think she is trying to bite more than she can chew this time around, she should just chill and try to come up with a wiser strategy to fight ageism. Quoting one of the icons of neoliberalism is low, really really low.

Was always convinced LM were the worst culprits in starting agitation against her, but now M has broadened her base of hate to include young Drake girls. Give them another week or so and they will disappear. :yes: Have feeling LM will continue trolling throughout the era to jump on any questionable posts even though a lot of those kids are secretly fans.

who will she post next - hitler? lol jk i havent paid any attention to the tatcher brew-ha-ha

i'm just wondering who da fuck sent her flowers or is it a cosmo outtake.

The main thing is people are out to get her no matter what she does but when she gives them just little bit of material to put her down they milk it like their lives depend on it.

I agree her IG (and fb, youtube etc) get taken over by trolls whenever some outside event occurs that makes her vulnerable to attack (Brits, album chart, etc). But that's the nature of the beast. She can't retreat from all of these to avoid harsh comments. She'll learn to not take them to heart, if she hasn't already. But I don't think she should completely avoid reading the comments either, because that would really put her in a bubble and oblivious to all the nastiness out there. And it's not just directed at her either. Ashley Judd is actually pressing charges against people over the vicious and violent comments directed at her on Twitter because of some benign tweets she made about the teams during a basketball game. Social media culture, esp towards women, is a huge issue and one I hope M addresses in her work.

I don't think Madonna overestimates the audience intelligence more so than she overestimates her own. I think she is trying to bite more than she can chew this time around, she should just chill and try to come up with a wiser strategy to fight ageism. Quoting one of the icons of neoliberalism is low, really really low.

Don't know so much about different theories on neoliberalism, but always felt M career was an example of an American capitalist success story. She always came across to me as striving for power, status, and money along with her making her artistic vision come to life.

Have a strong feeling M would identify as "fiscally conservative", but she would not admit that openly to alienate part of her fan base. I can also be totally wrong!

Was always convinced LM were the worst culprits in starting agitation against her, but now M has broadened her base of hate to include young Drake girls. Give them another week or so and they will disappear. :yes: Have feeling LM will continue trolling throughout the era to jump on any questionable posts even though a lot of those kids are secretly fans.

LM need to vent for the disappearance of their MM's career, so they're going at it against M!

I agree her IG (and fb, youtube etc) get taken over by trolls whenever some outside event occurs that makes her vulnerable to attack (Brits, album chart, etc). But that's the nature of the beast. She can't retreat from all of these to avoid harsh comments. She'll learn to not take them to heart, if she hasn't already. But I don't think she should completely avoid reading the comments either, because that would really put her in a bubble and oblivious to all the nastiness out there. And it's not just directed at her either. Ashley Judd is actually pressing charges against people over the vicious and violent comments directed at her on Twitter because of some benign tweets she made about the teams during a basketball game. Social media culture, esp towards women, is a huge issue and one I hope M addresses in her work.

I think Instagram is the best thing that happenned to her because it allows her to have a direct feedback about her work and what she does without Guy filtering what she can or cannot hear and it will pierce the bubble she lives in.

That's what happenned with Malawi, she first went there with good in her heart but she executed it like a colonial westerner imposing a huge big super luxurious school that was a contrast to the surroundings. She wanted to have her own charity there instead of working with charities that were already there and knew how to deal with local VERY COMPLICATED politics, she got fucked in the ass by the people she hired who took her for a cunt who did not know what she was doing and they could fool and abuse. Once she fired everybody and worked with build on in Malawi to make regular schools her project took off, it also took off around the world where she built schools with Build on (Detroit, Pakistan, Mali...). It blew everything she thought she knew about charity.She learnt. She adapted.

Instagram gives her a glimpse of the world, "some world", social media are not THE world, they are some kind of parallele universe were people behave like they can't or wouldn't in real life, they vent their rage and Madonna is such a successful person that she's an obvious target.

She should follow more people to get a better idea of how it works though :)

Guest Rachelle of London

i love margaret from a gay guy pov. shes a strong woman, never backed down, you know - cool shyt. i didnt live in england, i was never under her politics. maybe madonna was coming from that gaybo perspective.

i wish she had left it and created good dialogue about it.

its her prerogative to like Thatcher or Wallis Simpson or Eva Peron or Leni Riefenstahl.

As a gay man WHY would you like Maggie. It would be like a Jewish person saying

"as a Jew PoV I like Hitler"

Why?

Obviously Madonna admires Margaret Thatcher for being a strong , independent woman, who stood by her convictions in the world of politics dominated by men. She was a quintessential 'unapologetic bitch'. The fact that so many gay men get their knickers in a twist over this is amusing.

10930086_10153311246206189_2152736904404

She did change her comment before erasing it !!!

Madonna makes mistakes with Instagram ( quoting Margaret Thatcher was never a good idea ) She often does not think ahead how people will take things as social media can be brutal and judgement instant and viral. However, I still enjoy it a lot. At least she is interesting and varied. Kind of wish she would not be so defensive though as obviously she is reading what people are saying in the comments. Worked for her for years not reading the press about herself and therefore not taking notice of the likes of SuperAmanda - ie hating trolls - and I always thought it was wise not to read the hatred. I think when people read awful comments they tend to second guess things and worry a bit - it is perfectly natural and normal to do that but hard at the same time.

As a gay man WHY would you like Maggie. It would be like a Jewish person saying

"as a Jew PoV I like Hitler"

Why?

She's not really my cup of tea either, but she didn't exterminate gay people en masse like Hitler. She was born in 1925 and most people of her generation, regardless of their politics, were not exactly keen on gay people in the 1980s - at best they thought it was an unfortunate illness, at worst a disgusting abomination. It was also a difficult time because of the AIDS epidemic and the fact that it was still a death sentence. So I just don't think it's realistic to expect her to have been cool with homosexuality back then. If we apply that standard to her, then we would have to condemn most historical figures for not being liberal/PC enough.

Madonna's instagram is a HOT MESS :rotfl: She can post dissnigga a million times and that she's a fan of Hitler, I don't care. Her only mistakes are that, one: she says she's an unapologetic bitch yet she doesn't own up to her shit and backtracks, she should NEVER delete ANY of her posts or apologize for anything. Two: I don't know who she surrounds herself with but she must spend too much time around Rocco's friends and their language rubs off on her, she often sounds like a teenager herself rather than the intelligent woman that she obviously is. Three: rather than ignoring it, she lets the negativity get to her and it shows, she gets all defensive and worked up and FEEDS the haters by responding to them.

Having that said, I still LOVE it all! :dead:

She's not really my cup of tea either, but she didn't exterminate gay people en masse like Hitler. She was born in 1925 and most people of her generation, regardless of their politics, were not exactly keen on gay people in the 1980s - at best they thought it was an unfortunate illness, at worst a disgusting abomination. It was also a difficult time because of the AIDS epidemic and the fact that it was still a death sentence. So I just don't think it's realistic to expect her to have been cool with homosexuality back then. If we apply that standard to her, then we would have to condemn most historical figures for not being liberal/PC enough.

Did you make your research before commenting ? This is not just about her opinion on homosexuality but about her policy concerning it. Check Section 28 : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_28

Guest Rachelle of London

I don't need a faux history lesson but I was just saying I don't understand how a gay person can use being gay as a justification for liking Thatcher when she was a living breathing homophobe who voted on recriminilising homosexuality. For such a progressive country as the UK that would've been terrible and set our country back so far (which she went on to do in other areas of her "legacy")

I just don't understand Puds reasoning on liking her because he's gay.

Guest Rachelle of London

Obviously Madonna admires Margaret Thatcher for being a strong , independent woman, who stood by her convictions in the world of politics dominated by men. She was a quintessential 'unapologetic bitch'. The fact that so many gay men get their knickers in a twist over this is amusing.

I'm not gay or a man. I just don't agree with gay people being labelled criminals for loving who they want to love.

Madonna can post who the hell she wants to post on her IG, I don't really care. But the responses about Thatcher from people who don't know jack shit really makes one laugh.

Yes, try being a gay kid growing up in 1980s Britain under Thatcher's "ban on the promotion of homosexuality (in schools)" (sound familiar?) Oh, that just happens to be the majority of her fanbase here. Oops! *hits delete*

What the above meant in action btw, was that teachers were instructed that it DID NOT EXIST therefore neither did gay bullying, suicide, etc. I guess Madge might have googled Clause 28.

Guest Rachelle of London

I wonder why M took it down? Did someone say something to her? From my understanding it was only up for a few minutes. She didn't even take down dis n*gga post that quickly. I doubt the comment section was filled with that many Thatcher haters. I wonder what happened.