Madonna Instagram Thread

Camacho

A bad decision doesn't mean everything someone's done/said for their whole life is evil and bad.

Who's bad decision?

If we're talking Thatcher, then yes she was all evil and bad.

calling her ignorant and idiotic is very mean, she didn't mean to hurt her gay fans, that's why she deleted it. But it seems it is not enough for you. being a fan since 1984 doesn't give you the right to insult her.

Your are also ignorant.

I wasn't insulting her I was merely annoyed at her posting that on Instagram. I never called her an idiot nor think she is ignorant, I simply mentioned that this is how she comes across to others who hate that vile horrible woman. I was very disappointed in her but she made a mistake and I'm all about forgiveness. I even forgive you for being ignorant and unable to read my previous posts. Now go read a book.

I wasn't insulting her I was merely annoyed at her posting that on Instagram. I never called her an idiot nor think she is ignorant, I simply mentioned that this is how she comes across to others who hate that vile horrible woman. I was very disappointed in her but she made a mistake and I'm all about forgiveness. I even forgive you for being ignorant and unable to read my previous posts. Now go read a book.

how diva! ego much? honey, you are not Madonna :laugh: I don't care about your forgiveness.

Why are you always this close to leaving Glinda? Maybe if you weren't looking for validation of your whiny opinions you wouldn't feel such a need to flee?

Anyway, as I personally voiced, I don't think it matters if she loves Margaret thatcher or just thinks she's a good controversial figure of the day. I understand that Thatcher was formidable, and also deeply unpopular. I wouldn't voice an opinion of I didn't feel educated enough, and I'm pretty sure that anything I put down to personal opinion was qualified as such. This is a discussion, right?

Ai Papi! I completely understand your perspective and I'm sure she will prevail in her own way, and evolve into something else, but it probably won't be accompanied by a mass realignment of popular opinion in her favor. Again, it makes little difference to me as I don't suppose any of us rethinks the value or universality of Holiday just because Madonna is no longer as commercially potent. However, while I adore what I have sought out in my experience of Madonna and her artistic output, the contemporary persona just doesn't speak the same language as me.

Glinda should not leave, you should. Your personal and vicious attacks on her are disgusting and never-ending.

I myself am sick of people like you who fill every other Madonna forum out there - who obviously have contempt for Madonna and now want to tell everyone here in essays how stupid and shallow she is. If you don't like or respect her anymore - fine but just move on.

Glinda should not leave, you should. Your personal and vicious attacks on her are disgusting and never-ending.

I myself am sick of people like you who fill every other Madonna forum out there - who obviously have contempt for Madonna and now want to tell everyone here in essays how stupid and shallow she is. If you don't like or respect her anymore - fine but just move on.

Thank you!!!! I agree so much. The personal attacks are truly ott. That's not debate, its just one-upmanship.

Guest Pud Whacker

madonnapr brought up some really interesting points to a long going debate and everyone is jumping all over him.

we are all different and have different opinions and madonna means something different to all of us. were not going to agree on everything.

its nice to have a well rounded view of the woman we all admire and love no matter how many posts we have or how long weve been on board...

Agree nobody should be forced off, that includes Glinda. Based on the few posts I read in this thread, it did seem though that mlvcpr does not really respect M, so not sure why they want to participate in a fan forum. But I don't know their fan history, so who knows. As Roland suggested I guess its best to move on from this topic. Peace, om, shalom!

Turns out mlvcpr was previously banned as therealalejandro and other accounts . *FLUSH*

Glinda you are certainly welcome and appreciated here and shouldn't leave.

Turns out mlvcpr was previously banned as therealalejandro and other accounts . *FLUSH*

Thank you Hector.

A lot of the "fans" like this MLVCPR dominate other forums and a lot of us are aware of them and know how they operate. Glinda has defended Madonna on other forums and therefore is a target for them. They are the reason that other forums close down and have no members bar the haters.

Another case of the media taking stuff out of context. In context of all the things she said in that radio interview it made perfect sense. The Thatcher picture is the same story. Even the idea that people would think her post was like worshipping or kind of endorsement of Thatchers actions or stance is ridiculous. It's like they have no idea who Madonna is and what she stands for. And even if they have no idea, that's not Madonnas problem. I'd say educate yourself. Is it really so hard to see that there are similarities between Madonna and Thatcher. Even if there is just one: being a powerful woman in a male dominated world. A woman everyone has an opinion about. Good or bad. A woman getting attacked for her actions, justified or unjustified. No, people jump to conclusions immediately. And never in favor of this person. Where is this "Oh, wait a second" attitude?

+ 1. People seem to be so basic like it's just Black or white. They don't perceive any nuances. It's kind of scary

It's very scary. Social media has turned people into overtly critical cry babies who go out of their way to be offended. As you say, everything is black and white, no consideration for context or intent. It's fucking ridiculous. I hope Madonna finds a Putin quote she can relate to , that's fairly universal and post it, let everyone gush over it, calling her a Queen......then break the HORRIBLE news that the quote came from Putin. When did people become this way?? Totally incapable of thinking. Do people REALLY think because she likes a quote from someone that she supports everything they have done?? I don't think I will ever understand this mentality.

Post on Madonna.......whatever your little rebel heart desires. Quite frankly, anyone incapable or unwilling of understanding isn't her problem.

LMAO! Should have known he was a flushed cunt.

Glinda, don't let women hating assholes get to you! You're on a Madonna forum, girls have all the power here xo.

Honestly, negative side of social media will definitely worsen before it gets better. Besides common folk and celebrities getting attacked online for causing offense, I've been reading some college professors and even prominent gay activists have been bombarded with vicious tweets and online death threats for expressing views that people don't agree with. It's really the new normal even though it's extremely aggressive s**t.

Fucking hell now there's a Margaret Thatcher scandal. I wish she would just promote the album fuck all this drake shit and now the Instagram posts. A shame the album is being overshadowed by what I think is really idiotic shit (on her part)

This is such a stupid debate. Someone can have bad policies and still have dropped a good quotable here or there. Madonna's argument since her earliest days is that the public tries to shoehorn people into a category.

People are good and bad, sometime more to one end of the spectrum than the other, but people are also very complex. A bad decision doesn't mean everything someone's done/said for their whole life is evil and bad. So to anyone complaining about this go take a barium enema.

Brilliant post! I think the quote is fantastic, but Thatcher seems vile. Why do some feel like that its impossible to appreciate a one off quote from someone you may not necessarily admire??

Brilliant post! I think the quote is fantastic, but Thatcher seems vile. Why do some feel like that its impossible to appreciate a one off quote from someone you may not necessarily admire??

I think the reason us Yanks are pretty indifferent to the whole controversy (not that there is 1 at all, literally NO ONE cares about this particular flub outside this topic :lol: ) is becuz we don't live in the UK and can't fully grasp the legacy and impact Thatch had.

Someone mentioned Ronald Reagan, and what if Madonna had quoted him? To be honest, I'd still see it as a pretty inert instagram post, especially if she added the disclaimer of "I don't always agree…" but would I find it super awkward, zany, and almost unintentionally funny? I would, tbh.

That pretty much sums up how I feel about Madonna and social media. The only times I've been comfortable with Madonna being unintentionally funny (as in, laughing AT HER) are in her awful films or stuff like that. Not too comfortable with that extending to her instagram persona :bad::manson::( But oh well.

Hilarious how some people love Madonna exercising her right to free speech and lap up all the controversy, crotching a crucifix, shooting people, etc., until she actually says or does something THEY disagree with. Until she offends THEIR delicate sensibilities and pushes THEIR buttons. Shows them up for the pathetic hypocrites they are.

but what did she say???god!I will have to live my job and stop having a life if I wAnt to follow her lately!!!!what did she posted?when?how long until she deleted it? why is a poster here so offended by another??

the last time I chequed her instagram she was talking about something related to love_respect I think!!!madonna's world is so busy lately

but what did she say???god!I will have to live my job and stop having a life if I wAnt to follow her lately!!!!what did she posted?when?how long until she deleted it? why is a poster here so offended by another??

the last time I chequed her instagram she was talking about something related to love_respect I think!!!madonna's world is so busy lately

google news, type "Madonna"

Edited by madmex