Madonna interviewed by Jo Whiley on BBC Radio.

The label is made up of complete idiots if that was the reason - public being confused?? It didn't have to be one or the other like Use Your Illusion, it could have just been sold a single 2-CD album, like Mellon Collie, HIStory etc.

:manson:

They saw how part 2 of Timberlake's album faired and said no.

Also the public is filled with a bunch of idiots :lol:

To be fair I can see that perhaps a double CD album is a bit daunting at this stage of the game in the music industry. And Madonna is too big of a mainstream act to release that sort of thing. Really, even MJ's double CD album was only 15 tracks of new songs and the second disc was a GH.

So if her intention was to release them as two separate albums, then I see the label's apprehension because let's face it, the Heart songs would have done better than the Rebel songs as the public has wanted a Madonna ballad for a long time. But it would have been fun to see how it would have played out.

IDIOTS!

Yeah, I mean she would have been like a single woman SpeakerBoxxx/The Love Below. Seriously this era is like the most Prince-like Madonna era ever. Madonna the MAD MUSICIAN. LOVE IT.

they probably didn't want a 2 disc album because that would have been considered three albums - contract done.

she should just itunes suprise release an album from the other demos this winter! BE DONE WITH STUPID SHIT INTERSCOPE.

they probably didn't want a 2 disc album because that would have been considered three albums - contract done.

she should just itunes suprise release an album from the other demos this winter! BE DONE WITH STUPID SHIT INTERSCOPE.

She has enough material to do so. Throw some remixes in there as well!!! Put Tidal to a good use!!!

So that's interesting RH would been two albums possibly released at the same time, but not a double album in the old fashion way.

Guess the albums would have been sold separately and interscope was concerned about that being confusing to the public?

I've said this before but I Am Sasha Fierce so so dull until they mixed it up with the platinum edition. I love the flow of RH as it is.

The label is made up of complete idiots if that was the reason - public being confused?? It didn't have to be one or the other like Use Your Illusion, it could have just been sold a single 2-CD album, like Mellon Collie, HIStory etc.

:manson:

Obviously a damn excuse by them so she can continue with the contract and record another album.

Honestly no one gives a fuck about the fall anymore. Like OMG move on.

She must think these interviewer's are so basic. I couldn't sit through it.

As if the intermingled version of Rebel Heart has a strong marketing potential.....People are still gonna get confused when they want to buy the record because of Ghosttown and then see the bitch songs and SEX on the tracklist ....

Obviously a damn excuse by them so she can continue with the contract and record another album.

Well to be fair she was the one who agreed to a 3 studio album deal. And she was paid handsomely by Universal back in 2011 ($40m) on top of the $120m 2007 LN deal and her 90% take on net touring gross

She could have written less songs and make it a traditional 12/14 track album but she wanted to add more tracks, the way she did for MDNA too, so obviously that extra length will not be counted as a third studio album

Honestly no one gives a fuck about the fall anymore. Like OMG move on.

She must think these interviewer's are so basic. I couldn't sit through it.

:rotfl:

Guest CzarnaWisnia

well all those questions have been asked 10 times before, thanks Jo. At least she played Ghosttown :)

Guest CzarnaWisnia

And she kept butting in during M's answers. I mean, you asked a question? Wait for the fucking answer before opening your mouth again. She's annoying, but at least it's good promo, and easy for Madonna to do.

I don't blame her. Interscope hasn't treated her deal well so I'm sure she wants out. Had she had a Gaga style marketing campaign, she'd have done quite well. Interscope wants to make the money off her name without paying for promo.

I don't blame her. Interscope hasn't treated her deal well so I'm sure she wants out. Had she had a Gaga style marketing campaign, she'd have done quite well. Interscope wants to make the money off her name without paying for promo.

This must be the case.

Guest bluejean

Well isn't Live Nation responsible for promo though?

It is certainly weird that she's promoted this album more than MDNA and the quality of music is much higher and yet it's sold less.

All signs point to Warner being a key factor to her past successes. Maybe it's a coincidence but that's certainly how it appears.

I was reading up on Interscope Records and quite a few of their artists have spoken up against them regarding the release and promo of their albums, going back to 2009. I wonder why M decided to sign with them?

I was reading up on Interscope Records and quite a few of their artists have spoken up against them regarding the release and promo of their albums, going back to 2009. I wonder why M decided to sign with them?

I read the same thing few days ago!

Yes interscope are shit but to me, Leaks damaged the sales, I've read ALOT of comments saying they didn't bother to buy cause they got HQ leaks.

Oh my god, did you guys listen to the 2001 interview?

Madonna was a totally different person. Going on about how she's happy to cover up for Guy, talking about shooting pheasants and fishing, awkward comments about 9/11 :confused:

awful tbh :lol: 2001-2005 (up until COADF) were truly the dark ages