The things I have done because of Madonna...

mnino

As I'm watching the painful iHeart Radio Awards I realized that I have done many things that I would not have done otherwise if it wasn't for Madonna. So, what have you done only because of Her Madgesty

I've stayed up until 3 in the morning before a work day just to see M perform in an award show.

You know, I seriously blame Madonna on my interest in dualities. I was work trying to reflect on something and somehow I ended up thinking about my life before kindergarten. Madonna was there. Then I made a connection between dualities and me watching Madonna videos. I seriously remember thinking 'Why is this lady singing about God and nasty stuff?' I was 4. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

In all seriousness, I do think that she is a pivotal figure in how I became attracted to anything 'weird' or unusual as a kid and teen. She made it interesting and less scary but she kept it mystifying. She made it exciting too.

I was at work the day she fell @ the Brit Awards... After that happened, I did absolutely none of my tasks for the day because I was too busy having a meltdown and then a "stan for madonna moment" that lasted for about 4 hours :lol: So because of Madonna, I had to do many extra hours that night... and the day after :/

Staying up really late to watch her on The Oscars / Grammy / VMA etc . Got up at 5 AM to call a ticket hotline from DWT but only managed to get through at 4 pm ( I stayed in my PJ ) only to be told that tickets were all sold out then had to pay mega $$$ for a shitty tickets and Madonna was the size of an ant from my seat ( Still had a great time though ) , Stood in desert heat until I was soaked through my underwear waiting for her to open her MDNA Tour.

And yes I PAID to watch BOE,TNBT and Swept Away as well as Shanghai Fucking Surprise .

I spent more money on M than on my mom

you are THE WINNER !

I would never have spent the night on a NYC street on 3 separate occasions hoping to see her at various TV appearances.

I would never have given myself whiplash when I was 13 dancing like her in the Like a Prayer video, causing me to have a wear a neck brace to school for a week. Thanks, Madonna. :lol:

Probably my kabbalah strings I used to wear in HS.

I went somewhat further,I got a tattoo of the Lamed Alev Vav symbol used in the Die Another Day video which is part of Kabbalah ...I wouldn't really say Madonna was the main reason for getting some permanent ink on my skin,I just loved the meaning of it at that time

Guest bluejean

The credit card debt the MDNA Torte put me in :rotfl:

Is that why you were absent the past 2 years? Working that ass to pay off your debt?

I was threatened being sent to the principals office in 5th grade because of the "obscene Madonna buttons" (a few of her that showed her in her bra) on my jean jacket. My rebellious shenanigans while attending Catholic school in the 80s. haha

Here's another:

Back in 2001, I waited an hour for the AOL pre-sale thing and when it went live I kept clicking and their servers were overloaded and in about three minutes of non-stop refreshing and clicking it was sold out. I bought my ticket on eBay for more than double the original price. Back then no one knew she would tour again every three/four years so I wasn't willing to wait another nine years (little did I know...).

My seat was in the upper upper tier... the floor tickets were going for thousands on eBay. I don't think Stubhub was around by that time. If it was, it wasn't well known. I remember being so happy that I was able to outbid everyone else that wanted that crappy ticket!

$300 was a lot back 2001 for a college student!! The things I have done for Madonna...

I haven't done shyt...well, other than buying the Erotica cassette in 1992 and some posters in 1986-90...but ain't no better fan in the world :headbang:

I hid my gin / tonic from her view, behind my back. when she was performing right in front of me in 2012. Cause I knew she wouldnt approve of drinking. & she never found out... ; )))

That was the only time I ever got to see her this close.

In 2012 I was in the pouring rain waiting for 8 hours to see her perform and discover she wouldn't do the whole show as promoted. As a result, I spent New Year's Eve with a cold.

In 2008 I got sick because of the high temperatures while queuing to enter the stadum where she was performing, I almost fainted when I got close to the stage and decided to give up my position because of the stupid people around me.

Well, basically I've spent a shitload of money trying to gather all her CD singles and albums, including cassettes, and videos.

Edited by mafalda

I talked my mom into buying me the (French version) of the "Sex" book when I was 15 years old.