Rebel Heart or Confessions on a Dance Floor?

What Kurt said. RH, even with more flaws, is sincerely more confessional than Confessions.

But Confessions has more dance floor. Madonna ruined the perfect RH when she trashed Avicii's great versions of RH & WAOM. Maybe just because she found one or two dispraises by haters on her Instagram account.

Too soon to say. RH just came out. I haven't fully taken it in although I'm very much enjoying the album. Ask me this in about a year and I'll have an answer.

It's all about replay value for me and in that regard "Confessions" absolutely delivers. Only time will tell if the same can be said about RH.

RH has better songwriting, bridges and melodies......the songs are just more well crafted and complex, it's just far more diverse. I adore COADF and would change absolutely NOTHING about it but the song structures are so much more basic. Every single song on COADF is structured the exact same way too. Also the bridges tend to be just instrumental breakdowns vs RH which has bridges that rank up there with her stuff with Pat Leonard.

It's funny that during HC and MDNA eras, many fans just wished she could make something as inspired as COADF, well I must say.....

She seems more inspired to just focus on just the music with RH vs COADF when she had to rehash the same themes from AL and put them against queer friendly disco beats. ;) That's an exaggerated view but I do genuinely find RH to be a more ambitious album by far.

THIS!!!! :clap: :clap: Bravo! YES! Fuck me.

I really don't think it's necessary to downplay the brilliance of 1 album to appreciate another

Keep in mind that you can have that same structured pop formula for every song but if the hooks and melodies and lyrics are not there then it's just as good as a piece of shit

So a simple song structure has little to do with why COADF was effective, it may have lacked in bridges like the ones we hear in Inside Out or Ghosttown or Body Shop, but COADF had some of the richest, most classic melodies of her career too. Make no mistake, COADF brought Madonna back becuz the songwriting was in peak form, not just becuz she put on a leotard and gsve ppl Hung Up.

I think the whole DANCE ALBUM thing is a played out term anyway. A good chunk of those songs aren't really danceable to me. Its a pop album at the core

anyway, I prefer COADF but RH is probably the most passionate I've seen her since COADF tbh so it's not far behind

Confessions is my second favorite Madonna album of all time, so it would take a lot (and some time) for me to say anything is better. I usually wait a few years before starting to think things like that, as whatever the new shiny thing is seems like my favorite for a while. I waited until like 2008 to say for sure that I thought Confessions was better than Like A Prayer (my former #2).

I get that. Some artists for me are like that. I can't pick a favorite Pearl Jam album at all. I love them all the same for very different reasons. But for me, Madonna is one I can totally rank her albums and compare between them.

1. Living For Love vs Hung Up

2. Devil Pray vs Get Together

3. Ghosttown vs Sorry

4. Unapologetic Bitch vs Future Lovers

5. Illuminati vs I Love New York

6. Bitch I'm Madonna vs Let It Will Be

7. Hold Tight vs Forbidden Love

8. Joan Of Arc vs Jump

9. Iconic vs How High

10. HeartBreakCity vs Isaac

11. Body Shop vs Push

12. Holy Water vs Like It Or Not

13. Inside Out vs Fighting Spritit

14. Wash All Over Me vs. Superpop

15. Best Night vs History

16. Veni Vidi Vici

17. S.E.X.

18. Messiah

19. Rebel Heart

RH=15 vs COADF=4

:ohmy::ohmy::lmao:

I'm down to compare track for track like that, flawed and silly as it is.

3. Ghosttown vs Sorry

8. Joan Of Arc vs Jump

9. Iconic vs How High

11. Body Shop vs Push

14. Wash All Over Me

Rebel Heart=3 vs Confessions=10

3. Ghosttown vs Sorry
8. Joan Of Arc vs Jump
9. Iconic vs How High
11. Body Shop vs Push

:Disco_Ball:

Confessions by miles.

Rebel Heart has many great songs but like most long albums, there are songs that diminish the general quality of the album.

However it is always unfair to compare a 10 year old album with a recent one as lots of people always prefer the newer material.

However it is always unfair to compare a 10 year old album with a recent one as lots of people always prefer the newer material.

It's not about whether something is fresh and new or not, actually even prefer Hard Candy, American Life and BS over COAD on any day

It's not about whether something is fresh and new or not, actually even prefer Hard Candy, American Life and BS over COAD on any day

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I listened COADF today. I was supposed to compare these two album, but I was sucked to the disco inferno immediately. Still, after 10 years. It's such a brilliant pop album. Almost flawless. Jump and Let It Will Be made me feel ecstatic!

I hopes she makes more long albums in the future to piss these Confessioners off

Not sure who is pissed off here. Def not me. It is brilliant she released a long album so i can skip the bitch this and that songs and listen to the rest.

Why people take this so seriously? We have diferent preferences and thats that.