Rebel Heart or Confessions on a Dance Floor?

Wonder what the album would have sounded like if her original plans to have the entire thing produced by Disclosure came to fruition...

Ive thought about this too. I'm sure it would have been very different, as she said after working Diplo, she knew what direction she wanted to take the album. If Disclosure were involved, I don't think the album would have been very hip-hop/trap oriented. Disclosure are good at ballads too. I bet she would have had them reworked songs.

On the other hand, could you have imagined what the album would have sounded like if Kanye did the FULL album??????????

Oh, and I don't think it's fair to compare these two albums. Rebel all the way. I do love me Confessions. It's simple, and has similarites to some things of her past, but it's so different and stands out very well. But again, Rebel takes the cake.

Ive thought about this too. I'm sure it would have been very different, as she said after working Diplo, she knew what direction she wanted to take the album. If Disclosure were involved, I don't think the album would have been very hip-hop/trap oriented. Disclosure are good at ballads too. I bet she would have had them reworked songs.

On the other hand, could you have imagined what the album would have sounded like if Kanye did the FULL album??????????

If Disclosure were involved the album would even sound more eclectic since she'll probably just do one song or two with them. I kinda wish Kanye had enough time to edit more songs and give more grittiness to the entire album. I love the flow from Holy Water to Wash All Over Me.

I think she would have done more than just two songs with Disclosure. She was so passionate about them. Wasn't she attending their shows before Diplo? If so, I dont think she would have done much or have even worked with Diplo if she did work with Disclosure.

Cohesions on a Dance Floor :rotfl:

:lmao: Whenever I see the word Cohesive, I think of those Cohesive bandages. Also, how they used to describe some families doing chores together - the Cohesive family.

It would literally be her greatest album ever

Rebel Heart is too new for me to compare (weren't we all ranking MDNA in our top 5s when it came out?) but I was enthralled the first time I heard the whole thing, whereas I was underwhelmed the first time I listened to Confessions

to be honest if Rebel Heart (song), Wash All Over Me, Beautiful Scars and Illuminati had a polished demo form, Rebel Heart (album will topple COADF in my top 3 MADONNA albums... from the sheer volume of likable songs and none of the "cohesive" factors...

Yeah, you know how we always mock the rayoflighters? I feel like there is another group of people that have been stuck on Confessions since... well, Confessions!

I love the album. It's great, amazing production, great lyrics, some really classic and iconic moments in there. But you fuckers gotta let it go. It's not the fucking second coming.

I'm SO sick of hearing comments like "ugh Confessions was perfection, she should keep doing albums like that", or worse, after some fugly fags gasped with what they call the MASSACRE that was Hard Candy, some even said "she should've retired/she lost it after confessions"... I mean, what the fuck, gays? If you wanna keep on listening to the same electrodreamypopshit that came after Confessions, just go and buy some Kylie records. Ugh.

:rotfl:

Yeah I agree, a great album at the time but so glad Madonna did not stick with that route. Especially since Stuart Price working with everyone after that and most of those efforts being less than stellar.

COADF obsessed fans should check out these records that were mostly produced by Stuart Price and realize that it was a one off thing:

Seal_System_Album_Cover.JPG

Killers_day_age.jpg

Nightlifescissorsisters.jpg

Kylie_Minogue_-_Aphrodite.jpg

Flamingo_cover.jpg

Progress_%28Take_That_album_-_cover_art%

Pet_Shop_Boys_-_Electric.png

The_Fray_Helios.jpg

Right now it looks like this:

1. American Life

2. music

3. Confessions

4. Rebel Heart

And I feel like it will be the end result too. Confessions have much more 5/5 iconic songs and it's more cohesive. Rebel Heart has far better lyrics and warmth but there are just too many songs and it doesn't have as many career defying moments as COADF has.

Whether or not RB manages to outshine Confessions in the end doesn't matter because they are both pretty amazing albums.

Confessions!!!

I do love Rebel Heart a lot. But I can't see half the songs on the album standing the test of time in 10 years like Confessions has managed to do while still sounding as vibrant & fresh as it did a decade ago.

One of the few albums to ever nail the cohesive concept so perfectly while still making each song sound like a unique experience.

Edited by Rebel

COADF obsessed fans should check out these records that were mostly produced by Stuart Price and realize that it was a one off thing:

Seal_System_Album_Cover.JPG

Kylie_Minogue_-_Aphrodite.jpg

Pet_Shop_Boys_-_Electric.png

I Love those albums!! They aren't as amazing as COADF (that's given) but they are still great Pop/dance albums. Everyone should check out that Seal album! And PSP+SP were magic.

Rebel Heart because I can already tell the songs are going to hold up to repeated listens over time, and there are so many career highlights in terms of melodies and vocals. It's a diverse album with no skippable tracks for me.

Confessions only has a couple of career highlights, there's not enough variety, and the songs are more rhythm and groove based than melody based. I'm more of a fan of the latter. Plus, being cohesive doesn't matter much to me, and COADF doesn't have so much as one ballad.

But all of Madonna's albums are miles above everyone else's to be honest.

Rebel Heart for me. Confessions has some amazing tracks but also a few that I don't care for. I definitely prefer this era in general over Confessions.

I don't feel Rebel Heart has to be better than Confessions, the consensus is that it's clearly on the same level as her greatest

artistic achievements. I mean Rebel Heart is Madonna at her most Madonna. I think this record stands tall alongside ROL, Music and Confessions.

I think it's just too early to say. I want to see how I feel about RH in a year before putting it in my faves but it's definitely a strong contender right now. Probably I would still choose COADF but out of fairness to RH I think I'll wait.

Also, as much as I love Confessions, ROL, etc. I'm glad she didn't stick exclusively to any of those styles and tries different things all the time. I definitely have my favourites but I don't see how people can worship just one singular album of her's. To me both RH and COADF are part of the collective experience that is Madonna - I don't really have to choose.

I really enjoyed get together and some other tracks but as a whole album RH is infinitely better and is probably her best since Music or ROL

RH has better songwriting, bridges and melodies......the songs are just more well crafted and complex, it's just far more diverse. I adore COADF and would change absolutely NOTHING about it but the song structures are so much more basic. Every single song on COADF is structured the exact same way too. Also the bridges tend to be just instrumental breakdowns vs RH which has bridges that rank up there with her stuff with Pat Leonard.

It's funny that during HC and MDNA eras, many fans just wished she could make something as inspired as COADF, well I must say.....

She seems more inspired to just focus on just the music with RH vs COADF when she had to rehash the same themes from AL and put them against queer friendly disco beats. ;) That's an exaggerated view but I do genuinely find RH to be a more ambitious album by far.

She seems more inspired to just focus on just the music with RH vs COADF when she had to rehash the same themes from AL and put them against queer friendly disco beats.

Clearly damage control from AL,I adore COAD, I can appreciate it for what it is and nothing more but its all too safe, mindless and light compared to not just RH but other albums

Clearly damage control from AL,I adore COAD, I can appreciate it for what it is and nothing more but its all too safe, mindless and light compared to not just RH but other albums

Amen. It's still a great pop album but I don't like how calculated and controlled it feels. That being said, Hung Up/Get Together/Forbidden Love are some of her all-time best. RH is basically an anti-Confessions album to me. It's an uncontrolled rollercoaster ride.