Ex-fans VS Haters: Who's WORSE?

loowee

Who is more annoying?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who should burn in hell first?

Madonna reaches standards they can't. She's sexy and women hate sexy women except if they are victims and non threatening. Sexy and powerful they can't deal because that's what they want to be but can't. If Madonna was ugly she could do whatever she wants because she would be non threatening.

Roland, I always love your posts but noticed that so many people here now seem to have the view that women hate Madonna. Nothing could be further from the truth. Of course there are bitter awful women that hate Madonna but an enormous amount of women love Madonna. She has a huge amount of female fans in her fan base. Sorry to go off topic but this view seems to be creeping in every discussion about Madonna. Some women hate Madonna, some men hate Madonna - not confined to one sex only.

Guest Pud Whacker

Roland, I always love your posts but noticed that so many people here now seem to have the view that women hate Madonna. Nothing could be further from the truth. Of course there are bitter awful women that hate Madonna but an enormous amount of women love Madonna. She has a huge amount of female fans in her fan base. Sorry to go off topic but this view seems to be creeping in every discussion about Madonna. Some women hate Madonna, some men hate Madonna - not confined to one sex only.

:thumbsup:

of course!!! she had legions of wannabes around the world!!! xo

Ex fans.

As others have said they should know better.

Haters are usually people who she didn't do things for, are jealous, put her down and are angry at her success, are not into her music and their opinion of her is shaped by the media....

They are not better but they are mostly unknowledgeable and must don't care to look beyond what others say, write...

There has been a concerted effort to change mnds of people who have enjoyed Madonna's work. Ex fans can't take the criticismshe receives and when there is real push they forget all the reasons they loved her and focus on the criticism. I wouldn't be surprised if some would blame her for a radio station not playing her music because she got older. People are so obsessed with what other people think today that it is quite easy to sway opinions.

For me, the worse is a third category : the bitter old queens. Not really ex-fans or young haters, there're in between.

Symptoms:

- Jealous of Madonna's career (while their career is over)
- Jealous of Madonna's body (while they get old, bald and fat)
- Jealous of Madonna's hot toy boys
- Support reductive singers in hope of replacing Madonna
- Make headlines only by criticizing Madonna (which makes them even more hateful toward her)

How to recognize them? (WARNING Graphic Footage - At your own risk)

tumblr_lxvjwnILu41qzwh14o1_400.gif?__SQU
RogerFriedman.JPG
Piers%20Morgan-TYG-000298.jpg

Ex-fans. Of course.

And the "bitter old queens"... Yes! I usually don't care for that term, but sometimes it's just true.

Omg the current fans that secretly hate on her and are passive aggressive with all their statements are the worst!!'n

THIS a million times.

Ironically, there are those who claim to be current fans but who seem to act more like ex-fans and haters combined.

Really, both, as anyone who can't appreciate the drive and talents of Madonna are the worst, REGARDLESS OF their opinion of the work she produces. Anyone who tries to undermine what this incredible person does is an asshole.

All the ex-fans need to be locked in a room with the LFL (Living for Drama) Offer Nissim live version intro on repeat

THIS will be a REVOLUTION of INQUIRING FURTHER...

:lmao:

I voted ex-fans. I mean, you already loved the best then you're going to back out? Yes, they are so self-entitled and wants to put Madonna in a box which indicates 1) They don't get her at all 2) They are not open-minded. So fuck them all.

Really, both, as anyone who can't appreciate the drive and talents of Madonna are the worst, REGARDLESS OF their opinion of the work she produces. Anyone who tries to undermine what this incredible person does is an asshole.

This really.

Old queens love things that are kitsch. Madonna is always evolving. This is why it is annoying when they and others obsess over her 'early stuff' and 'Ray of Light'. Like, is Madonna supposed to experiment with the same sound? The same concepts? Artists evolve. Yeah, they revisit ideas whenever they feel like it. Music consumers today like things that are 'catchy'. Nothing wrong with hearing something that can distract you for three to four minutes but damn, there is a reason why these pop tarts don't last as long. Madonna has business sense and lots of ideas. Some will be more popular than others. THAT IS OKAY. There is no need to drag her name in the mud.

Guest HaveASit

Some fans have a sick relationship with Madonna putting her on a pedestal like some kind of saviour or whatever. She is a font of power and self esteem for those people, who constantly need to see her succeeding over the "lessors" or whatever they like to call other singers. The moment she does something which doesn't attend their lunatic and surreal expectations, they feel betrayed by her, like she did that on purpose. And they need to punish her.

The sadly truth is, deep there, they are still fans. However, since she "betrayed" them, she doesn't deserve the support anymore. It's something very sadomasochism. They feel like shit for thrashing their enclosed idol, yet realized for punishing someone who failure them.

It's beyond sick and pathetic.

Some fans have a sick relationship with Madonna putting her on a pedestal like some kind of saviour or whatever. She is a font of power and self esteem for those people, who constantly need to see her succeeding over the "lessors" or whatever they like to call other singers. The moment she does something which doesn't attend their lunatic and surreal expectations, they feel betrayed by her, like she did that on purpose. And they need to punish her.

The sadly truth is, deep there, they are still fans. However, since she "betrayed" them, she doesn't deserve the support anymore. It's something very sadomasochism. They feel like shit for thrashing their enclosed idol, yet realized for punishing someone who failure them.

Good observations...

Guest Rachelle of London

This x 6000

Definitively ex-fans because they don't have ANY excuse for their behavior. They know how amazing Madonna truly is yet act like she's some shit. "Ex-fans" were never true fans in the first place.

"Ray of Lighters" used to be the derogatory term for those young fans in the late 90's/ early 00's that loved ray of light and suddenly became huge madonna fans, but were not really around in the early 80's - (aka the "true" madonna years). The older fans born in the 70's hated the Ray of Lighters and vice versa because the old fans didn't appreciate the "new" madonna.

Now you are saying the Ray of Lighters are the old gays who don't like her new stuff.

In 10-15 years the current fans will be the old hags complaining :lmao:

I'm just happy she lasting this long. Let's say thanks that she attracted so many fans across two to three generations and not direct so much hate in this thread :smooch:

I can't stand fans from the get go / first album who think they can lord it over people because of the fandom longevity and let everyone know that they went to see the Virgin Tour!

Oh god, by no means i meant ALL women hate Madonna. Just look at her audience on her tours and people posting here. I was talking about the pseudo feminists at Jezebel or the Talk women. These particular women are not confident enough and feel "crushed" by Madonna's persona, stamina, sexuality and drive. Confident women either praise her or don't mind her. They don't feel outshined by her.

I can't stand fans from the get go / first album who think they can lord it over people because of the fandom longevity and let everyone know that they went to see the Virgin Tour!

Now Ivy, you just know that if Madonna toured Australia with the Virgin tour, you would be claiming that as well. :laugh: Just joking.

Oh god, by no means i meant ALL women hate Madonna. Just look at her audience on her tours and people posting here. I was talking about the pseudo feminists at Jezebel or the Talk women. These particular women are not confident enough and feel "crushed" by Madonna's persona, stamina, sexuality and drive. Confident women either praise her or don't mind her. They don't feel outshined by her.

Sorry Roland, I did not interpret your post correctly. Know what you mean about those types of women who write for Jezebel and Talk and the View women. Ones like that ghastly Sharon Osbourne. They make me sick.

Now Ivy, you just know that if Madonna toured Australia with the Virgin tour, you would be claiming that as well. :laugh: Just joking.

Sorry Roland, I did not interpret your post correctly. Know what you mean about those types of women who write for Jezebel and Talk and the View women. Ones like that ghastly Sharon Osbourne. They make me sick.

I think it's true for people in general, Madonna's massive self confidence is a repellent to some when it should be praised and nurtured in people. We all suffer, more or less, from lack of confidence and seeing someone like Madonna has always given me confidence because she's not perfect but she works at it but most of all it's her self confidence that i admire. Some may say she's arrogant but to me it's self confidence, it's pure strengh. Madonna by just being Madonna has always been telling us to not be afraid. Her self confidence took over her physical (being short and to some not conventinally beautiful) , social (not coming from money) and psychological (not having a mother, growing up without affection) flaws, she did not let them dictate who she was and who she was supposed to be.

I think it's true for people in general, Madonna's massive self confidence is a repellent to some when it should be praised and nurtured in people. We all suffer, more or less, from lack of confidence and seeing someone like Madonna has always given me confidence because she's not perfect but she works at it but most of all it's her self confidence that i admire. Some may say she's arrogant but to me it's self confidence, it's pure strengh. Madonna by just being Madonna has always been telling us to not be afraid. Her self confidence took over her physical (being short and to some not conventinally beautiful) , social (not coming from money) and psychological (not having a mother, growing up without affection) flaws, she did not let them dictate who she was and who she was supposed to be.

A to the fucking Men!

Guest Rachelle of London

OMG THIS!!!!!! When youve got to apologise for being born in the 90s and not being there since the beginning. Not my fault my parents met in 1989. :lmao:

OMG THIS!!!!!! When youve got to apologise for being born in the 90s and not being there since the beginning. Not my fault my parents met in 1989. :lmao:

Born in the 90's WTF? I'm talking about about buying She's So Unusal on cassette instead of The First Album with my hard earned pocket money that only allowed 1 cassette purchase per year ;) I was late to the Madonna scene and did not become a fan until Like A Virgin! Your parents probably should of had sex earlier to catch the Madonna bug :)

Haters are just idiots because I feel like deep inside they LOVE her, but they refuse to accept it. Besides, it's always been "cool" to hate her.

But ex fans... omg, they are way worse. I can't stand their "I'm above Madonna now", i mean, wtf shitheads? I agree about the whole rayoflighters thing, too.