What do you think she will open with??

GOD

^ She had always planned to tour after American Life and said as much in her interview with Richard Wilkins which was aired in April of 2003. She even stated that the tour would take place the following year.

Not true, back then she was only talking about "the next tour which would have more hits" but rest of AL promo had no mention of a tour at all. Later on she said Re-Invention Tour only happened because of her 2 movie projects late 2003/early 2004 fell through.

I never even considered Iconic but YES YES YES!!! That would be perfect! Although we all know how she loves her video intros so I could definitely see Revolution of Love into LFL. But I do think LFL would be a better closer - that or........ TAKE A BOW :)

Bitch I'm Madonna, Iconic or Living for Love. I can't really picture anything else.

I feel like Best Night could be the second song.

Guest ziggy

If she chooses to take the DWT approach and open with an introspective tune mostly favoured by fans, she could open with Rebel Heart. It is the title tune of the tour, after all.

That's if she wants to kick things off with her heart. If she wants to start the party by being a rebel, I could see Veni Vidi Vici as the opener.

In case she wants to open with a fresh hit, LFL it is. Can't see her opening with Ghosttown.

Of course, she could go all RIT and kickstart the evening with a classic. If so, the choice is anyone's guess.

I think she'll open with a remixed version of Living For Love and close the show with Bitch, I'm Madonna.

I agree with Wunderkind!

I can see opening with BIM and closing with Iconic, especially if Iconic is a single. The opener doesn't have to be a single, she's done non-single/obscure singles before: Beast Within, Drowned World (non-US single), Candy Shop. Plus people who bought tix were given a free DL of the album, weren't they? So I think she would look at anything from the album as fair game. And I think any of the songs from the deluxe and/or super deluxe are possible, look at Best Night (yeah, I know it was just a video-lude) or Beautiful Killer from L'Olympia.

The fact is that she'll either open with a REBEL song or a HEART song. Whichever route she goes down will probably determine the rest of that opening segment's "feel".

I think that after the MDNA tour opening with the guns, violence, judgement day, Catholic church etc. etc. (all of which was of course fabulous) she won't want to repeat herself and she'll go for a 'positive' opening this time. Even if it's a REBEL song, it'll be empowering / positive (e.g. "Iconic") or pure fun and joy (e.g. "Bitch I'm Madonna"). Either that or she'll open with a HEART song, in which case it'll be mid-tempo or ballad and the setting will be romantic and lush.

Actually, based on a dream I had the other night, I think she'll do something very similar to DWT by opening with Ghosttown and having a long extended intro. Lots of fog. Broken/dilapidated structures, fire too. Cheesy, but she'll make it work.

Actually, based on a dream I had the other night, I think she'll do something very similar to DWT by opening with Ghosttown and having a long extended intro. Lots of fog. Broken/dilapidated structures, fire too. Cheesy, but she'll make it work.

That would be amazingtastications.

That sounds amazeballs, Whoop. :dramatic:

Guest Hunterlas

Well... I cant state my opinion as a "fact" on the matter since Im not Madonna.

I do feel however that shell open the show with Living For Love and close it with Rebel Heart. Or maybe the other way around? Rebel Heart is the name of the tour, its either gonna be the first or last song of the show I think. Time will tell.

Maybe she opens it with an intro video a la Beast Within (RIT)? - If so, then maybe she goes with Veni Vidi Vici

Not true, back then she was only talking about "the next tour which would have more hits" but rest of AL promo had no mention of a tour at all. Later on she said Re-Invention Tour only happened because of her 2 movie projects late 2003/early 2004 fell through.

No your wrong unfortunately. When Richard Wilkins asked her if she would tour the album, her exact quote was 'not this year, next year.' So I stand corrected. Yes I do believe she was trying to get many projects off the ground in 2003, including trying to have a baby as per paparazzi shots of her visiting fertility clinics and quotes of hers. I do believe the plan always was to tour in 2004 but she would have happily scrapped it, had her other plans come to fruition.

I envision a return to the crankiness that is the Drowned World Tour--a quieter opening. For that, I think HOLD TIGHT as the opening would be a great choice.

ICONIC would be such a great opener. That gets my vote.

YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHH !!

THERES ANOTHER PART OF YOU NO WONN SEEEEES!!!!

It's hard to predict which song she will choose. Judging from her recent tours, we've seen it all - from ballad to flop single to random album tracks with lyrics perfectly suited for an opening number ("I'm coming soon" - The Beast Within, "Come with me" - Future Lovers, "Come into my store" - Candy Shop").

I predict a video intro like The Beast Within followed by a hit. Maybe Illuminati ("Everybody in this party's shining like Illuminati") followed by Like A Prayer (to keep the religious references). But then again, we had that on the last tour....sooo, I have no idea. :laugh:

OK: I can imagine an opening without madonna on stage singing ( or a video of) Rebel Heart, or maybe on stage but where we can´t see her (ala "Trough" in George Michael´s symphonica, or his 25 live shows entrance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX8OZTn1mAg), and then she appears, and BIM starts