Ghosttown Remixes

I love the Paul Andrews Reconstruction Mix. Tidal doesn't cut it, I want to play it with my iPod and in the car. The remixer has a website where he talks about it. There is also a remix for Living For Love at his soundcloud.

http://paulandrews.org/portfolio/ghosttown-a-paul-andrews-reconstruction-madonna/

So I'm listening to the AVH version on youtube and it's kinda groovy, though tres dated in his old style and a bit low rent. Can't see there being a better version by that motley crew - maybe Razor n Guido? - and nor can I be arsed listening to an hour of monotony. But this is pretty good for what it is.

Good news and bad news. There is actually a US promo CD single for "Ghosttown" with 12 tracks (including the 2 previous Tidal exclusives) however it was only mailed to Billboard reporters, and I'm told just 300 copies were printed. They're literally shipping only ONE copy to each DJ on the BB panel, which will make this an extremely expensive collectors item, if any even turn up on eBay.

https://instagram.com/p/2KfIRci0-I/

I'm replying to my own info here *lol* Has anyone actually seen what this US promo CD single looks like or have any .jpg scans of it? I'm checking Discogs & eBay and neither one has it (a lot of fan-made bootleg discs are cluttering up the marketplace though I see, yuck). I have yet to even confirm what order the tracklisting is in, or if it's a silver-backed CD like "Living For Love" or just a limited-pressing CD-R like many promos are nowadays. Anyone have any pictures of this supposed item? :p

Okay, I'm addicted to the Redtop remix. I'm so bored of all these four-on-the-floor dance remix. It's always great to hear remixes that actually re-invent the song (i.e. the Switch remix of Kylie's Skirt).

I agree. That's why I almost don't listen to remix anymore.

Guest albertj7

I'm replying to my own info here *lol* Has anyone actually seen what this US promo CD single looks like or have any .jpg scans of it? I'm checking Discogs & eBay and neither one has it (a lot of fan-made bootleg discs are cluttering up the marketplace though I see, yuck). I have yet to even confirm what order the tracklisting is in, or if it's a silver-backed CD like "Living For Love" or just a limited-pressing CD-R like many promos are nowadays. Anyone have any pictures of this supposed item? :p

I got one from THRILL, you can see it on my instagram page: instagram.com/mcollect

It's a CD-R this time. I've been checking ebay regularly for weeks, have only seen one pop up so far that sold a few days ago for $400, and the seller actually used my picture of the disc that I had also posted on facebook, which I wasn't happy about. But their listing ended quickly so I just let it go.

I got one from THRILL, you can see it on my instagram page: instagram.com/mcollect

It's a CD-R this time. I've been checking ebay regularly for weeks, have only seen one pop up so far that sold a few days ago for $400, and the seller actually used my picture of the disc that I had also posted on facebook, which I wasn't happy about. But their listing ended quickly so I just let it go.

nice! did you win a contest, or is he a friend of yours? as luck would have it, I just received one copy today myself from a fellow DJ, and I'll probably put it up on eBay tomorrow (unless of course anyone reading this board wants to private message me an offer)

I've tried quite a few online (free) watermarking tools, for pictures, and the best & easiest one by far is this: http://www.picturetopeople.org/image_utilities/watermark/online_digital_watermark_text.html -- I've used it many times on eBay auctions for new and/or rare CD's where I don't want anyone else stealing my images *lol*

It was this auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MADONNA-GHOSTTOWN-GHOST-TOWN-THE-REMIXES-MIKE-CRUZ-OFFER-NISSIM-/121667464623 right? The asking price was $499.99 but I wonder what the offer was that he accepted? I love his flippant attitude in the description *lol* It sounds like he knows his stuff, and doesn't care how arrogant he comes off :p

Here's pics of the item I just scanned, in case people are curious. Oh and if anyone is gonna message me wanting to buy it, serious offers only please! (and by that I mean in the high three-figures). The few DJ's lucky enough to get one of these CD's are mostly hanging on to them, so they'll be very very scarce as far as collectors items go.

ms0i9e.jpg

6poxnn.jpg

Edited by DJMichaelAngelo

I like Don Diablo remix. Others.. no. And wtf is that last mix? It's shorter than most of the Janet's interludes! What's the story?

Guest albertj7

nice! did you win a contest, or is he a friend of yours? as luck would have it, I just received one copy today myself from a fellow DJ, and I'll probably put it up on eBay tomorrow (unless of course anyone reading this board wants to private message me an offer)

I won a contest. The thirst is real for this CD, many collectors are desperately trying to win contests. I'm sure you'll get a hefty sum for that CD.

I won a contest. The thirst is real for this CD, many collectors are desperately trying to win contests. I'm sure you'll get a hefty sum for that CD.

already did actually! *lol* are there other contests other than just the one that remixer "Thrill" had? I finally found his FB pages: http://www.facebook.com/IAMTHRILL and http://www.facebook.com/IAMJOSHHILL just now :p