Ghosttown Remixes

Just bought the single through the website! Can't wait for it to arrive.

If you're in the UK, buy the GT CD single direct from Universal! It's cheaper than Amazon.co.uk who are selling the German import.

http://store.universalmusic.com/madonna/

Done! Probably a silly question but will this contribute towards the official UK single charts?

In all, a very disappointing roll-up for the Ghosttown single. I have a feeling that the demographics is all f$%^ed up for this single. All those remixes don't lend themselve to being listened to at home without them becoming monotonous or grating. It's a song with a lovely vocal hook and verses and the minimal vocals in the mixes don't make sense.

http://soundcloud.com/mikerizzonyc/madonna-ghosttown-mike-rizzo-funk-generation-club-mix-interscope

FINALLY!!!! Now this is how it's done :) At 136 BPM, Madonna sounds SO much more natural than that slow 128 BPM from the other remixers. God bless people like Mike Rizzo, a remixer who is never afraid to choose a tempo for his club remixes that actually FITS the song being sung! Instead of being stuck in the 128.0 BPM "box" like so many other remixers these days. When the original song's tempo is 80 BPM or whatever Ghosttown is, slowing down the vocals to anything under 135 BPM is simply ludicrous.

Edited by DJMichaelAngelo

On 4/28/2015 at 7:59 PM, luluthecat said:

But why May 12th???? When did the video come out again?? Why would anyone give more of a shit about some remixes 2 weeks from now after they've gone live through YouTube and DJ Blogs are offering them up to download for free????How can delaying them help anything.....it's all so bloody confusing?!??

I understand there's no money in buying music anymore blah blah blah.....but M has such a large collecting fan-base I'm just amazed by how this market is no being exploited?!?

They could even press up 5,000 limited-edition CD-R singles with just a basic stickered tracklisting & cardboard sleeve, and throw 'em up for sale on madonna.com for $20 or whatever, just so that hard-core fans could feel like they're SUPPORTING their girl, and it would earn the label an instant $100,000 bucks with very little effort or cost. What could possibly be preventing them from doing this?

Edited by DJMichaelAngelo

Yes, yes, yes to everything you just said. We all buy a bloody CD if someone put one up for sale that had more than 1 remix on it. I don't understand how record labels can even afford to miss out on $100,000?!!

Releases like this make me really mad as I'll never be able to own one and must've cost pittance to print.

http://www.discogs.com/Madonna-Give-Me-All-Your-Luvin-Girl-Gone-Wild/release/3875053

Why can't CD's like this be made available to fans through her website? Fan's are paying a ridiculous £125+ for this bloody CD. Why not print a couple of thousand and put them up for sale??? There's so much money to be made and we all know how much M and her team love it..........Fans are even resorting to buying fake Chinese Maxi-Singles??

I got my beautiful cd single. I feel a bit sad, i have a feeling that this is Madonna's last physical cdsingle.

Anyway, it's gorgeuos and i'm so incredibly happy that she still releases physicals!

I haven´t bought it yet, because I want one with more remixes, but it doesn´t seem we are going to have one, right?

Yes, yes, yes to everything you just said. We all buy a bloody CD if someone put one up for sale that had more than 1 remix on it. I don't understand how record labels can even afford to miss out on $100,000?!!

Releases like this make me really mad as I'll never be able to own one and must've cost pittance to print.

http://www.discogs.com/Madonna-Give-Me-All-Your-Luvin-Girl-Gone-Wild/release/3875053

Why can't CD's like this be made available to fans through her website? Fan's are paying a ridiculous £125+ for this bloody CD. Why not print a couple of thousand and put them up for sale??? There's so much money to be made and we all know how much M and her team love it..........Fans are even resorting to buying fake Chinese Maxi-Singles??

:(

Cd singles were released for both GMAYL and GGW although they didn't sell that many. The reason this is selling for much is that there are only 200 copies. If it had been released normally it wouldn't have sold a significant amount overall. There is a large collector community driving up the prices of this item.

Madonna's Facebook account said the GT release was limited so they must know the size of the market now based on previous sales.

Ugh really miss maxi single CDs with multiple remixes and even an unreleased tracks, such as, history on jump. They are awesome for collectors even though will probably become obsolete soon. Had to pay fifteen american dollars for GGW CD that was shipped from Rome. Was able to get GMAYL for a couple of US dollars because my sister got it for me in UK. Guess need to purchase LFL or GT before the prices skyrocket and won't be worth it.

Ugh really miss maxi single CDs with multiple remixes and even an unreleased tracks, such as, history on jump. They are awesome for collectors even though will probably become obsolete soon. Had to pay fifteen american dollars for GGW CD that was shipped from Rome. Was able to get GMAYL for a couple of US dollars because my sister got it for me in UK. Guess need to purchase LFL or GT before the prices skyrocket and won't be worth it.

A couple new official remixes were just promo'd out to US Billboard DJ's just in time for weekend gigs:

S-Man Remix (6:40)

DJ Yiannis String Intro Mix (1:40)

The latter is pretty much a "teaser" track for his full-length mix which I hope will be released soon (along with Mike Rizzo's brilliant remix). I'm thinking the S-Man remix was done by Roger Sanchez, who's remixed Madonna once or twice in the past, unofficially. Here too, his remix's tempo is WAY too slow, and poor Madge's vocals sound so dragging and tired.

A couple new official remixes were just promo'd out to US Billboard DJ's just in time for weekend gigs:

S-Man Remix (6:40)

DJ Yiannis String Intro Mix (1:40)

The latter is pretty much a "teaser" track for his full-length mix which I hope will be released soon (along with Mike Rizzo's brilliant remix). I'm thinking the S-Man remix was done by Roger Sanchez, who's remixed Madonna once or twice in the past, unofficially. Here too, his remix's tempo is WAY too slow, and poor Madge's vocals sound so dragging and tired.

Would like to hear these and hopefully other new mixes soon. Believe the right mixes of GT can do well in clubs.

I've heard excellent remixes of M ballad or mid tempo tracks in clubs during other eras.

Cd singles were released for both GMAYL and GGW although they didn't sell that many. The reason this is selling for much is that there are only 200 copies. If it had been released normally it wouldn't have sold a significant amount overall. There is a large collector community driving up the prices of this item.

Madonna's Facebook account said the GT release was limited so they must know the size of the market now based on previous sales.

Yes I'm aware of that. I just used that French promo as an example of what fans might actually want to buy. I'm shocked there are even 2000 people out there who are willing to pay £6.99+P&P for a 2 tracks CD featuring 2 non-exclusive songs with slapdash artwork all housed in a nasty standard plastic case. While other artists like Bjork seem to be in a position to release loads of singles with exclusive remixes and beautifully considered artwork and yet I don't remember the last time I saw any of her singles anywhere near the top 40?!?!

Yes I'm aware of that. I just used that French promo as an example of what fans might actually want to buy. I'm shocked there are even 2000 people out there who are willing to pay £6.99+P&P for a 2 tracks CD featuring 2 non-exclusive songs with slapdash artwork all housed in a nasty standard plastic case. While other artists like Bjork seem to be in a position to release loads of singles with exclusive remixes and beautifully considered artwork and yet I don't remember the last time I saw any of her singles anywhere near the top 40?!?!

I think we've all felt so much frustration at the poor quality releases for the last few years. It just doesn't make sense.

You'd think they'd do more now to get the remaining core fans to purchase something but apparently not!

Honestly, they should just hurry and chuck them remixes on iTunes. I don't get what's taking them so long for them to do so. There's no point in commissioning a whole heap of mixes if none of them are going to be released.

I hope there is diffrent version in the EPs as an incentive

I hope there is diffrent version in the EPs as an incentive

It would be even better if we got 2 EPs and possibly a b-side (let's say Autotune Baby) chucked onto the second one. Something like:

Digital bundle 1:

1. Remix

2. Remix

3. Remix

4. Remix

5. Remix

Digital bundle 2:

1. Remix

2. Remix

3. Remix

4. Remix

5. Auto Tune Baby or take a day or take it back

Yeah wishful thinkin I know. Sorry, couldn't be arsed searching of all the names of the remixes.'

New mix uploaded! Razor N Guido!!!!! damn... is this the first time sice their Rain mix?

Pretty generic but enjoyable, imo.

The DJ Yiannis Strings intro sounds promising!

Just hope these remixes help pull her out of that tie with King of Country

and she alone has the most No.1's on any Billboard Chart! :sleep: