Ghosttown Remixes

What is this shit?

Just as bad as most of the mixes for LFL.

This song deserves something better. Just release the acapella and the stems, so we can do it ourselves. Thank you! :D

I remember when she announced the LFL remixes that they would also be available at Beatport "for you Mr Dj." I think that meant that she released the stems. Hopefully the same will happen now.

Well those were total shit......again. Where the Living For Love mixes popular? Why use those awful DJ's again? The minimal vocals don't even match the the instrumentals? Why even upload the instrumentals? Is it really too much to ask for some decent DJ's to mix songs for the greatest living legend (and a bloody wealthy one too)!?!

I know. They use very little of her vocals to begin w/ then release an instrumental, Why?

And correct me if I'm wrong but if a person names their remix "THRILL" shouldn't it be thrilling?

M has a pretty consistent history of AMAZING remixes throughout her career, but there has been some decline in quality.

Fans complained about LFL, but there are a couple I felt that were very good.

Hope GT and any upcoming singles get at least a couple of high quality remixes. There will always be at least a couple that suck.

I didn't mind a few of the LFL remixes. The one she performed live was pretty decent and I like the retro feel of Strobe and Djemba Djemba remixes.

These, however, are all terrible. I always think about how she talked about how serious she took remixes during the No Bull interview 1994. My how times have changed. I wouldn't be surprised if she hasn't even listened to these in full.

I didn't mind a few of the LFL remixes. The one she performed live was pretty decent and I like the retro feel of Strobe and Djemba Djemba remixes.

I'm satisfied if there's ONE decent remix or ONE decent extended version like in the old days.

I liked the three LFL Nissim mixes and pray there comes ONE decent GT remix... Pleeeeeaaaase!

I first didn't like LFL remixes but after a while I actually started to like some of them (Djemba, Offer and some other I can't name right now).

I haven't had time to open Youtube and listen to them. Madonna - put them to Tidal, now! :sassy:

On 4/1/2015 at 5:52 PM, nick00 said:

M has a pretty consistent history of AMAZING remixes throughout her career, but there has been some decline in quality.

Fans complained about LFL, but there are a couple I felt that were very good.

Hope GT and any upcoming singles get at least a couple of high quality remixes. There will always be at least a couple that suck.

A big reason for the "quantity over quality" approach to Madonna's remixes lately has been the fact that a label exec (former A&R Remix Coordinator at Warner Bros) left there years ago to form his own promotions company, and he now manages several remixers (like Dirty Pop, Thrill, etc). Madonna's management still hires Orlando to procure remixes for her songs.

Edited by DJMichaelAngelo

A big reason for the "quantity over quality" approach to Madonna's remixes lately has been the fact that a label exec named Orlando Puerta (the former A&R Remix Coordinator at Warner Bros) left there years ago to form his own promotions company, and he now manages several small-time remixers (like Dirty Pop, Thrill, etc). Madonna's management still hires Orlando to procure remixes for her songs, and his mindset & method of doing business is a bit dusty & guarded.

In other words, instead of reaching out to actively SEARCH for remixers Madonna has never worked with before, or bigger names who could breathe new life into her songs (Afrojack, Dave Aude, Tony Moran, etc) Orlando Puerta just grabs "whoever's handy at the moment" from his roster of dime-a-dozen remixers he represents (and underpays). Although I will say, his Instagram account has been quite entertaining lately, he's been doing some spring cleaning and hauling out old in-house promo CD's and master tapes: http://instagram.com/orlandopuerta

Interesting read. It's a big shame too. I thought that LFL had some good remixes but many were just standard four to the floor versions.

Such a shame as remixes are such an important part of M's discography. She's used them frequently in her live shows in EY, JML, Erotica, Fever, Deeper and Deeper.

Looks like this is what we'll get for the third single too if there is one.

Guest bluejean

The last time Madonna had decent remixes was on the Sorry maxi since then it has been a total and absolute cheesefest....not that before it was exciting, those endless Calderone and Tracey Young remixes during Ray of Light & Music...I think the very last decent remixes she had were on that absolute nightlife special cd the Just Blaze remix of GMAYL and the TUTR dub remix by Leo Zero.

Labels have producers working for them, they remix sngles for all their artists, i don't think Madonna picks them up. The remixes since 4 minutes have nothing to do with clubbing (except maybe in some gay disco in a remote town outside of a city in eastern Europe) but with gym, they are made for cardio for midlle aged women and gays in a gym in Wyomming. They probably don't care and think that "The gays" will eat up anything shit with a disco beat...after all they got away with it when they put Gaga on the market.

The Ray of Light and Music remixes were spectacular. Even the generic Calderone type shit although not the best was enjoyable.

I mean take these examples:

Frozen Stereo MC's

Ray of Light Sasha Ultra Violet

Sky Fits Heaven Sasha remix

The Power of Goodbye Dallas Austin

Nothing Really Matters Kruder & Dorfmeister

Music Groove Amada

Don't Tell Me Timo Maas

What It Feels Like For a Girl Calderone & Quayle dark side mix

And those are just SOME examples

The Ray of Light and Music remixes were spectacular. Even the generic Calderone type shit although not the best was enjoyable.

Frozen Stereo MC's

Music Groove Amada

Don't Tell Me Timo Maas

I agree, I love all the remixes you mention. But that period was the golden era for remixes in general and not just Madonna. Recently good and interesting remixes are few and far between.

Frozen Stereo MC's

Music Groove Amada

Don't Tell Me Timo Maas

Agree!The era of AMAZING remixes

Maybe she should contact deadmau5 to remix Ghosttown :stir:

Or better yet Calvin Harris. Now she can get him thru Swift!!!!

Frozen Stereo MC's

Music Groove Amada

Don't Tell Me Timo Maas

+ WIFLFAfag Perfecto and Saturday night mixes!!!!!!!

Those are the best mixes.

All Club 69's remixes are great as well. Too bad he wasn't here to mix more tracks for M!

So the remixes we have so far are total garbage. But what's this remix or remixes playing in the background of the Making Of video??? One sounds very Offer Nissim esc. Wouldn't be surprised if he (is he a he or a she?) was asked to do another.

Let's not be revisionist! Picking and choosing remixes over the course of her career gives the impression that we have had this dense history of great remixes from her. This simply isn't true. In every era fans have complained that the remixes are generally boring. They are for a fist-pumping club crowd. And they work for that. Occasionally there is an innovative or classic remix that works for general listening.

Most of the Living For Love and Ghosttown remixes sound great on headphones.

Her vocals in the remix where she sings, "When it all comes when it all comes down down" is so pretty. I'm STILL waiting for my actual remixes to this single. I want that vocal w/ a slamming beat and better production. WHERE ARE THEY???

You have no idea how fast I'd jump into my car right now and buy some M remixes for GT, BIM, UB, Inside Out. But there's nothing to buy!!!! The only thing I found in the store today was that Cosmo mag. WHERE ARE MY REMIXES?? I've only had one decent remix since December. W.T.F!