Ghosttown Remixes

Dutch producer Don Diablo posted this on instagram:

Screen%20shot%202015-03-25%20at%203.22.3

It's gotta be a remix for GHOSTTOWN!!!!!!!!! :confessions:

He did this song with Diplo not so long ago:

UH.

I'm pretty shocked how mediocre the LFL mixes were. They aren't bad, but truly uninspired. It deserved much better.

I'm excited to hear this Ghosttown remix. Hope she performs the album version with the remix breakdown in the middle.

Guest bluejean

Would love a remix of Ghosttown performed. Fuck yeah!

IN FACT, if the remix is good it could be the main single version? Considering the song's been out for 3 months would make sense.

If she is performing a remix, it better not be some shit where the chorus is reduced to her repeatedly singing the word "ghosttown..." over a squealy EDM backing.

I will shoot a tampon.

If she is performing a remix, it better not be some shit where the chorus is reduced to her repeatedly singing the word "ghosttown..." over a squealy EDM backing.

I will shoot a tampon.

I don't want a remix of Ghosttown performed because it is such a perfect song as it is. I want people to hear it in all of it's beauty and emotional impact. I love a great remix but not of a new ballad.

LFL remixes were bad but Offer Nissim Drum Mix and Jackinsky Vocal were good... i really hope it's half and half... the ballad needs to be exposed more... if this remix is good they better make this a stand-alone single...

I think Michael Diamond and Strobe did the most fun mixes for "Living For Love", but of course the worst remixes were released on all of the commercial formats.

Yeah, "Offer Nissim"'s, Living For Drama and Living For Drums mixes were appropriated for the live performances (which were amazing) but the actual remixes before Madonna retooled them for the stage are shit. Sorry.

I hope the "Ghosttown" remixes are more inspired!

Would love a remix of Ghosttown performed. Fuck yeah!

IN FACT, if the remix is good it could be the main single version? Considering the song's been out for 3 months would make sense.

yaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssss

I don't want a remix of Ghosttown performed because it is such a perfect song as it is. I want people to hear it in all of it's beauty and emotional impact. I love a great remix but not of a new ballad.

I agree... I'm not sure what the viewership of the iHeart awards even is, but whoever tunes in needs to hear something resembling the magnificence of what is on the Rebel Heart album. It will be the first prime time performance stateside.

totally agree...

yeah I'd love some more underground, experimental, trip-hop like mixes. But judging from the Living For Love mixes, whoever is in charge of commissioning her remixes hasn't got clue!! I'm sure we'll just get tidal wave of cheap indistinguishable club mixes.

Where did see that Ghost Town single cover??! The one make to look like the LFL one?! That was hilarious, you just know it's gonna come true!

I thought the LFL mixes were generally superior to virtually all of the ones made for MDNA and Confessions which were pretty much dreadful all round. I've found a few good ones this time which is a relief and at least they're fun and housey not like the crap electropop of GMAYL.

Frozen is a good example of slow song well mixed. The Calderone Club Mix is excellent.

I think remixing and club music is generally in a pretty bad place though and has been on the decline for years. It's that generic Guetta / Calvin Harris EDM sound that is just so tired.

They need to do something to push Ghosttown though to get it out there to the masses.