The bitches from The View blast Madonna

Andra

Even if M gets criticized harshly by people who are constantly "outraged" by M or someone else, she should be herself and not be PC.

I also find it fascinating how Bey continues to be placed on the throne and the media and GP come to her defense if they feel people are somehow criticizing her!

Guest Rocco Papa

The thing is, there is nothing mean or insulting about what she said. Not to Obama, not to Jay-Z, and not to Beyonce. Even if she wasn't joking and it was meant to be taken seriously, there is still nothing mean about it.

The fact that it's being blown out of proportion in this way really baffles me.

I get the 'take the high road' mentality that Madonna has. That being said...

...at some point, I want her to turn and sock the bullies right in the jaw.

This.

I hate those bitches.

I also find it fascinating how Bey continues to be placed on the throne and the media and GP come to her defense if they feel people are somehow criticizing her!

It's why Bey fans are the all time worst.

This

Beyoncè is the safe princessly pop star, she doesn't elicit many reactions as she is not supposed to

Slightly better than a Britney in this regard

Guest Rachelle of London

The American media is so sugary sweet towards Beyoncé it's quite sickening. If you go on DM articles the comments sections are always filled with Americans complaining about us Brits hating on her :lmao: the tide is turning though I've noticed. But you'd be stupid to think these shows represent the general public or their thoughts and ideas.

Beyonce's a sham, and anytime I try to vocalize my opinion on her, I get shut out by anyone and everyone around me. I HATE Beyonce, she's bland and tired.

I also hate how she constantly claims to be a feminist. Yes, a HUGE part of feminism is the ability to express your sexuality, but thats not the only thing. What about education, free speech, and empowering women in other ways besides sex? All of Beyonce's songs are about sleeping with Jay Z, or how she's "bad". That isn't feminism, and just because you flash the word for 5 seconds in pink letters during your VMA performance, doesn't make you a feminist. I really wish someone would stop her already. The hype she receives is so blown out of proportion. She really hasn't done anything legendary or helpful to the world.

Guest Rachelle of London

But what is feminism?

Surely feminism is all about choice not about how others expect you to act or behave...

Beyonce has a very small chorus of naysayers btw, there are plenty of ppl who think she's full of it. They're just smothered by all the love. Same with Toilet Shit.

I actually have nothing against Beyonce, her last album was truly amazing, and I loved the videos. She delivered. But if you guys are sick of seeing her get fawned over, just give it a few years :lol:

Toilet Shit on the other hand… omfg I can't

Guest Rocco Papa

But what is feminism?

Surely feminism is all about choice not about how others expect you to act or behave...

if you ask that question, you're going to get a million different answers.

I much prefer the term "equality advocate," because nobody can redefine it and it includes every issue.

Guest Rachelle of London

Toilet Swift is the WORSE! I can't even believe how or why she's become so successful. She's not even nice to look at! I don't get it.

Guest Rachelle of London

if you ask that question, you're going to get a million different answers.

I much prefer the term "equality advocate," because nobody can redefine it and it includes every issue.

Same

The post I was replying to was stating that Beyonces actions don't define feminism because all she does is sing about having sex with her husband so I was proving that feminism isn't what YOU think how a woman should behave. It's all about how she chooses to behave. If she wants to sing about having sex with her husband how is that diminishing feminism or making her a bad feminist?

It's like people who think housewives can't be feminists etc. It's all about choice.

Guest Rocco Papa

Same

The post I was replying to was stating that Beyonces actions don't define feminism because all she does is sing about having sex with her husband so I was proving that feminism isn't what YOU think how a woman should behave. It's all about how she chooses to behave. If she wants to sing about having sex with her husband how is that diminishing feminism or making her a bad feminist?

It's like people who think housewives can't be feminists etc. It's all about choice.

Exactly.

Same

I see a lot of validity in what you said, and I apologize if I came off somewhat ignorant. Everyone has an opinion, and at the end of the day, I do agree with you that women should be able to do what they like free of judgement. I just see sexuality further down the list of issues when it comes to equal rights. I feel like feminists that publicly advocate should focus on more than just sexuality. There's woman all over the world that don't have any rights, especially in less developed countries. They can't vote, they can't drive, they can't have jobs, they have to submit to men. To me, feminists should be giving those woman a voice when they can't use their own. I am huge on freedom for women and their choices, I just don't agree with how Beyonce voices her feminism. You don't have to share my opinion or agree with it. I apologize once again if I discounted what feminism means to you, that wasn't my intention. I also realize that I came off a bit brash in my first post, and I apologize for that also.

Beyonce has a very small chorus of naysayers btw, there are plenty of ppl who think she's full of it. They're just smothered by all the love. Same with Toilet Shit.

I actually have nothing against Beyonce, her last album was truly amazing, and I loved the videos. She delivered. But if you guys are sick of seeing her get fawned over, just give it a few years :lol:

Toilet Shit on the other hand… omfg I can't

Totally. Beyoncé is overrated but great, Toilet is completely vile (and it actually seems like Toilet is rapidly becoming more of a messianic, historic, iconic etc. etc. figure to the media than even Beyoncé has been).

Totally. Beyoncé is overrated but great, Toilet is completely vile (and it actually seems like Toilet is rapidly becoming more of a messianic, historic, iconic etc. etc. figure to the media than even Beyoncé has been).

But remember, Gaga was starting to seem that way too circa 2010, she was basically deemed an icon after 2 short years. Then people VERY quickly changed their mind and she just tumbled away. Once By The Way was released, people were like omg shut up already.

Toilet Shit only has to have a few more years of insufferable overexposure before she starts cracking at the seams too. That's why Beyonce has had such good longevity. She knows how to lay low for just the right amount of time. Madonna has that savvy too, although lately she's been taking a little longer between albums understandably

Guest Rachelle of London

I see a lot of validity in what you said, and I apologize if I came off somewhat ignorant. Everyone has an opinion, and at the end of the day, I do agree with you that women should be able to do what they like free of judgement. I just see sexuality further down the list of issues when it comes to equal rights. I feel like feminists that publicly advocate should focus on more than just sexuality. There's woman all over the world that don't have any rights, especially in less developed countries. They can't vote, they can't drive, they can't have jobs, they have to submit to men. To me, feminists should be giving those woman a voice when they can't use their own. I am huge on freedom for women and their choices, I just don't agree with how Beyonce voices her feminism. You don't have to share my opinion or agree with it. I apologize once again if I discounted what feminism means to you, that wasn't my intention. I also realize that I came off a bit brash in my first post, and I apologize for that also.

Don't apologise at all. I agree with what you are saying to a certain extent. I like Beyoncé but it irritates the hell out of me that the media protect her yet others are open to ridicule so I could imagine how annoying that must be for someone that dislikes her.

Guest Rocco Papa

It's interesting, because I sometimes feel like people expect too much from these pop stars. In her personal life, Beyonce may very well consider herself a feminist and be passionate about all the issues you mentioned. However, this is how she feels the need to express herself in her work. I don't think that necessarily cancels out her passion for more serious issues. Until you know someone on a personal level, it's best not to jump to those conclusions.

Beyonce isn't a politician, she's a pop star. Yes, she is a public figure. But the reason she's a public figure is because of her music, not her status as a feminist.

That's why Beyonce has had such good longevity. She knows how to lay low for just the right amount of time.

Really? Because I feel like she's is overexposed. I think she's very talented, but it's too much. I feel like she is all over the place all the time.

Don't apologise at all. I agree with what you are saying to a certain extent. I like Beyoncé but it irritates the hell out of me that the media protect her yet others are open to ridicule so I could imagine how annoying that must be for someone that dislikes her.

It's interesting, because I sometimes feel like people expect too much from these pop stars. In her personal life, Beyonce may very well consider herself a feminist and be passionate about all the issues you mentioned. However, this is how she feels the need to express herself in her work. I don't think that necessarily cancels out her passion for more serious issues. Until you know someone on a personal level, it's best not to jump to those conclusions.

Beyonce isn't a politician, she's a pop star. Yes, she is a public figure. But the reason she's a public figure is because of her music, not her status as a feminist.

Thank you both of you! Glad we can all see eye to eye in one way or another. I definitely agree with you on what you just said. Maybe I was too quick to express my feelings on her. When all is said and done, she's a person just like us, no matter how famous.

Ontd had a post about this quote from M a few days ago, and people were FURIOUS. I just don't get how her comment is bad?

I got why ppl were mad over that hashtag, but THIS?

#disnigga was beyond stupid on Madonna's part.(if she even wrote it) Using the n word no matter what context especially if you are Madonna will no doubt bring you negative attention. Simple as. I personally think it was Rocco because he uses it on a lot of his insta posts, and I personalky couldn't see Madonna even using that term to describe her son.

In a recent interview. I think it was Huffington Post, she said she posted the picture of Rocco and then she asked him what hashtag he wanted her to use, and he said to use #disnigga. So it came from him not her. She said she posted it without thinking.

Oh lord, I just knew Madonna's comment would be spun as something more than it was. I completely agree on the Beyonce sentiment here - I really enjoyed her most recent album and I don't have anything against her, but the public's obsession over her really turned me off. Her hype really came out of the blue, it initially seemed like her praise was more tongue-in-cheek (i.e. when people would say "Beyonce is everything" and stupid things like that) but somewhere along the way it became serious. At least that's how it seems to me.

And everything about her is so overblown, she's being paraded as a legend when she really hasn't earned it. I've held my tongue for a while but it's really quite frightening how low our calibre for "legend" is nowadays.

Again, I've liked her work in the past. But I mean when Katy Perry said, “She’s an icon. Elvis, The Beatles, Michael Jackson — she’s in that category" it made me want to throw up a little.