MadonnaNation.com Forums
GOD

Guy O$eary (and Barbra Streisand) thread

you know you all need to know that Guy Oseary is the manager and knows EVERYTHING about that business.

Madonna usually tells them all what to do.

All this promo were getting is NOT because madonna wants to do it, i assure you. its because guy sat her down and gave her a talking to.

Imagine if we didn't have any of this promo like in the MDNA era how the sails would turn out to be. Maybe we should be thanking Guy

Guest Pud Whacker

Imagine if we didn't have any of this promo like in the MDNA era how the sails would turn out to be. Maybe we should be thanking Guy

exactly. :thumbsup:

because you know who was the one that didnt want to do any promo because she was exhausted by her W.E.

Guest Pud Whacker

Not disagreeing with the list, but how would she fit in anything else? I'd drop dead on the arena floor if she did 'Cherish'...but I don't see that happening.

well i have fabulous ideas for the tour, tell guy to contact me. :rotfl:

She could perform just Rebel Heart songs on the tour and I'd be happy.

Also LFL is a fantastic song and there's certainly no need to trash it

Guest Pud Whacker

Not disagreeing with the list, but how would she fit in anything else? I'd drop dead on the arena floor if she did 'Cherish'...but I don't see that happening.

and also, im using that list as the ones to pick from - AND I LEFT HEAPS OUT!!! Honey, dont give us a Revolver. i mean really?!!! REVOLVER?!!! :lol: :LOL: :lol:

Guest Pud Whacker

She could perform just Rebel Heart songs on the tour and I'd be happy.

Also LFL is a fantastic song and there's certainly no need to trash it

her best first single since Hung Up. :thumbsup:

and also, im using that list as the ones to pick from - AND I LEFT HEAPS OUT!!! Honey, dont give us a Revolver. i mean really?!!! REVOLVER?!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah really :lol: Love that performance but what a strange choice :lol: And Candy Shop again :lol:

As a fan though, I didn't give a damn and MDNA is still my favorite tour and to me, one of Madonna's most amazing achievements

Guest Pud Whacker

Yeah really :lol: Love that performance but what a strange choice :lol: And Candy Shop again :lol:

As a fan though, I didn't give a damn and MDNA is still my favorite tour and to me, one of Madonna's most amazing achievements

:rotfl:

shes so bizarre!!! you know its because its the only song Rocco probably liked by her.

and i want everyone to know despite what i say, I LOVE IT ALL because ive been there since 1983. but sometimes i look around at the tours and i see blank faces of people who dont know every madonna song. :laugh:

If Guy told her like it is re: promo (and I think he did too), he probably gave her a talking to about her late showtimes and her bizarre set lists. And I bet you after the Instagram fiascos, he talked to her about that too :lol:

Madonna, like ALL OF US, sometimes makes gaffes, she's not perfect. I really don't think Guy is a Yes Man. I think it's MADONNA that is stubborn.

You guys can call me bitter all you want, but I hate Guy "Non-tradtional promo" o seary.

You guys can call me bitter all you want, but I hate Guy "Non-tradtional promo" o seary.

NTP is Madonna's fault though. She Confessed On A Dance Floor that Guy was trying to get her to promote and she was like NOPE.

I get it, she was exhausted, the Super Bowl and W.E. took everything out of her and she had to begin rehearsals immediately after the Super Bowl. But he clearly wasn't letting that happen again this time haha

Guest Pud Whacker

If Guy told her like it is re: promo (and I think he did too), he probably gave her a talking to about her late showtimes and her bizarre set lists. And I bet you after the Instagram fiascos, he talked to her about that too :lol:

Madonna, like ALL OF US, sometimes makes gaffes, she's not perfect. I really don't think Guy is a Yes Man. I think it's MADONNA that is stubborn.

yes, yes and YES!

those late showtimes are not cool for people who have to work the next morning, got baby sitters. its so rude. and for 350.?!!!! once bitten, twice shy. theyre not going to run out and get madonna tix this time. and top it off with 70% of the songs that they dont know!!! :rotfl: oh madonna, its not 1990 anymore.

those instagram tirades. :lol: those were making Good Morning America and the Today Show!!! how embarrassing!!!

you know he tied her to a chair and explained A-Z. ive NEVER seen this much promo in ONE MONTH in her ENTIRE CAREER!!!

Guest Pud Whacker

BITTER!!!! :lol:

now wheres the perm pics?!!!

:rotfl:

shes so bizarre!!! you know its because its the only song Rocco probably liked by her.

and i want everyone to know despite what i say, I LOVE IT ALL because ive been there since 1983. but sometimes i look around at the tours and i see blank faces of people who dont know every madonna song. :laugh:

When i was in the golden circle at Hyde Park for MDNA, it wasn't until PDP that people suddenly livened up and cheered as it was the first song they recognised!

I think Guy will sit her down and say she needs to do another RIT and pull out the hits to sell the shows!

And I don't mean Human bloody Nature for the umpteenth time!

Yep, I want the perm pics too.

One thing you guys should keep in mind is that Guy Oseary was a TEENAGER when he met Madonna, but has always worked alongside her as an equal, not as a glorified assistant or a house boy. I don't think he's afraid to lay down the law with her, he's a very seasoned business guy and he's certainly not scared of her, he's seen it all at this point. He'll give in when she stubbornly refuses to compromise, but he'll probably throw it right back in her face when she reaps the results of that (album sales and ticket sales).

This happens all the time. She was humbled greatly after Erotica/SEX + David Letterman, and rolled out a smooth comeback with Bedtime Stories/Something To Remember/Evita. Freddy Demann probably broke it down: your hardcore fans are going to love a book of puzzy pics and prime-time profanity, but everyone else is going to stop giving you their money and you're going to be washed up, why don't we try just making a good musical statement. It worked. After the Kabblah bullshit circa American Life being her first real flop, she had to put on a semi-greatest hits show and come back with a very strong "back to your roots" sound (COADF) to remind people what she was capable of. It worked.

Guy probably did the same thing. Your core fans are going to overlook your naive/clumsy instagram posts, your 11:30 showtimes, and your setlist of "deep cuts" ( :lol: ), but everyone else is going put you into the same heritage bin as Prince and Bob Dylan. U2 isn't even in the heritage bin yet. And if there's anything Madonna hates, it's being told she's gonna put out to pasture.

Anyway, sorry for my notoriously long post again… but in a nutshell… you can't blame Oseary for everything that goes wrong in her career! We are talking about America's premiere businesswoman icon. She's responsible for her fuckups too. But Madonna learns from her mistakes.

The MDNA tour was unbelievable in person. The GGW opening was epic.

I always felt she performed Revolver bc it was a new track off Celebration plus she closed with Celebration (then the GI2M remix later). It also fit into the violent/dark/FemmeFatale themed opening.

The more interesting thing is what RH songs will be left off, the album provides such quality and variety that people are going to be pissed when she doesn't perform their favorites :lol:

This is how I want M to promote her albums from now on, promo, promo and more PROMO! I'll be totally depressed if next era she'll pull a MDNA again because she's working on a movie :(

Guest Pud Whacker

One thing you guys should keep in mind is that Guy Oseary was a TEENAGER when he met Madonna, but has always worked alongside her as an equal, not as a glorified assistant or a house boy. I don't think he's afraid to lay down the law with her, he's a very seasoned business guy and he's certainly not scared of her, he's seen it all at this point. He'll give in when she stubbornly refuses to compromise, but he'll probably throw it right back in her face when she reaps the results of that (album sales and ticket sales).

This happens all the time. She was humbled greatly after Erotica/SEX + David Letterman, and rolled out a smooth comeback with Bedtime Stories/Something To Remember/Evita. Freddy Demann probably broke it down: your hardcore fans are going to love a book of puzzy pics and prime-time profanity, but everyone else is going to stop giving you their money and you're going to be washed up, why don't we try just making a good musical statement. It worked. After the Kabblah bullshit circa American Life being her first real flop, she had to put on a semi-greatest hits show and come back with a very strong "back to your roots" sound (COADF) to remind people what she was capable of. It worked.

Guy probably did the same thing. Your core fans are going to overlook your naive/clumsy instagram posts, your 11:30 showtimes, and your setlist of "deep cuts" ( :lol: ), but everyone else is going put you into the same heritage bin as Prince and Bob Dylan. U2 isn't even in the heritage bin yet. And if there's anything Madonna hates, it's being told she's gonna put out to pasture.

Anyway, sorry for my notoriously long post again… but in a nutshell… you can't blame Oseary for everything that goes wrong in her career! We are talking about America's premiere businesswoman icon. She's responsible for her fuckups too. But Madonna learns from her mistakes.

:thumbsup:

I actually didn't mind "Revolver". At least it was a single. Better than a random MDNA album track, anyway. But I agree that her wonderful canon of hit songs is nothing to be ashamed of or avoided when compiling a setlist.

Here's the thing. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Even the smartest people generally prefer to simplify things and put people in a box. Madonna can't be simplified, nor can she be put in a box or easily labeled. She is going where basically no superstar of her level has ever gone before. There are many people who love her 80s or 90s or 00s eras but simply can't get it through their brains that she is still here, still making music. She defies expectations of what she should be doing at, heaven forbid, 56 years of age. She also makes people uneasy because nobody really knows what she's all about. She has always shown us various sides of her personality, but nowadays, it seems this confuses people like never before. Even her hardcore fans seem conflicted and divided. There are those who love her mature and reflective ballads, her sad songs, and her mystical lyrics, yet seem to decry tracks like BIM and UB as silliness, or trying too hard to stay relevant. The fans of the rebellious, party songs seem to take pleasure in calling her ballads boring and wishing she would bring only the beats and club smashes. And many people seem unable to cope with a 56 year old singing Holy Water, with one hardcore fan saying "I liked the sex songs on Erotica better." Why? Because she was 34?

Madonna means many things to many different people, but sometimes this can be detrimental to her perception among the public, because she is not accepting or embodying JUST ONE role. Perhaps her greatest period of popularity with the general public (aside from 1985-87) were the ROL and Music eras, when she was easily identified as a living legend who had been around for years but was still making contemporary bonafide huts

When Madonna appears on a talk show or an awards show these days, she is all the rage. She upstages everyone else just by being there. The argument I am seeing is that people have just lost interest in her music. I'm still not convinced. No one has yet to convince me that an opening week of 110k with no radio hit, a number far bigger than the recent debuts of Britney and Mariah, is somehow a failure. Just what do people expect? I can honestly say that I personally don't care if the general public does lose interest in Madonna (gasp). I simply want what I have always wanted from her: great music.

And that she has delivered once again, in spades.

We can all analyze and ponder all we want. The fact of the matter is, Madonna is just going to continue being Madonna, walking to the beat of her own rebel heart.

:clap:

So what you're saying is that she won't release Bitch, I'm Madonna as a single?

And that she'll skip Holy Water, BIM in her tour setlist to make sure that only the best songs are included in the setlist, alongside her classics? No Candy Shop, Revolver, Human Nature bullshit?

And that she'll start the show on time?

:smile:

Songs that SHOULD BE ON EVERY MADONNA TOUR. regardless of what those heinous Ray Of Lighters spewed on the internet.

Holiday

Borderline

Lucky Star

Crazy For You

Into the Groove

Like a Virgin

Material Girl

Dress You Up

Live to Tell

Papa Dont Preach

Open Your Heart

La isla Bonita

Causing a Commotion

Like a Prayer

Express Yourself

Vogue

Rain

I'll Remember/Take a Bow - pick one woman to represent the period.

Frozen

Ray of Light

Music

Dont Tell Me

then whatever she wants because it doesn't matter because she personally makes them disposable.

:clap:

She should be embracing her back catalogue, including more hits in shows and let people enjoy

themselves. Thats what they are paying for.

When she sings a classic song at her show the energy levels go through the roof.

Unless of course is the rawk version of HU :rotfl:

Yeah it did seem that a lor of people didn't recognize the MDNA songs although Turn Up The Radio got an amazing response in Philly.

I still stand by my statements about Living For Love.

I still stand by my statements about Living For Love.

What were your statements about Living For Love?

Here's the thing. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Even the smartest people generally prefer to simplify things and put people in a box. Madonna can't be simplified, nor can she be put in a box or easily labeled. She is going where basically no superstar of her level has ever gone before. There are many people who love her 80s or 90s or 00s eras but simply can't get it through their brains that she is still here, still making music. She defies expectations of what she should be doing at, heaven forbid, 56 years of age. She also makes people uneasy because nobody really knows what she's all about. She has always shown us various sides of her personality, but nowadays, it seems this confuses people like never before. Even her hardcore fans seem conflicted and divided. There are those who love her mature and reflective ballads, her sad songs, and her mystical lyrics, yet seem to decry tracks like BIM and UB as silliness, or trying too hard to stay relevant. The fans of the rebellious, party songs seem to take pleasure in calling her ballads boring and wishing she would bring only the beats and club smashes. And many people seem unable to cope with a 56 year old singing Holy Water, with one hardcore fan saying "I liked the sex songs on Erotica better." Why? Because she was 34?

Madonna means many things to many different people, but sometimes this can be detrimental to her perception among the public, because she is not accepting or embodying JUST ONE role. Perhaps her greatest period of popularity with the general public (aside from 1985-87) were the ROL and Music eras, when she was easily identified as a living legend who had been around for years but was still making contemporary bonafide huts

When Madonna appears on a talk show or an awards show these days, she is all the rage. She upstages everyone else just by being there. The argument I am seeing is that people have just lost interest in her music. I'm still not convinced. No one has yet to convince me that an opening week of 110k with no radio hit, a number far bigger than the recent debuts of Britney and Mariah, is somehow a failure. Just what do people expect? I can honestly say that I personally don't care if the general public does lose interest in Madonna (gasp). I simply want what I have always wanted from her: great music.

And that she has delivered once again, in spades.

We can all analyze and ponder all we want. The fact of the matter is, Madonna is just going to continue being Madonna, walking to the beat of her own rebel heart.

This post is perfect!!!! I agree 100 %

She delivered a incredible album and did promo nonstop. She has been sincere in Howard Stern, witty in the French show and funny in Ellen. She looks incredible and gave performance of life at the grammys and Brits. What else do you want for God sake??? It's not madonna who is living in 1990 it's some fans who live in another world

SLAYYY SomeofShane!! best post ever!!! :clap:

What were your statements about Living For Love?

It's a couple pages back. I'm too exhausted to go through it again. :lmao:

If she performed all the hits that were mentioned in that list, it would leave very little time to perform anything else unless she does a much longer show.

And most of those songs she has performed in the last couple of tours, albeit not always in the album version. It would be boring if she performed the exact same hits in that list on every tour.

Greatest hits tours are fine if you are the type of artist that hasn't toured in a long time and maybe only does a tour every ten years or so. But they become boring if you do a similiar set list every two or three years with your tours.

I think she could definitely add a few more hits especially to this tour, but to include every hit single on that list would leave no room for the new album.

What's the point of making a new album if you can't perform any of the songs from it and just have to do the older hits. You might as well not bother.