MadonnaNation.com Forums
GOD

Guy O$eary (and Barbra Streisand) thread

Madonna should also stop being so dramatic about her past and strike a deal with Warner. She needs to have her past work glorified and out there. It's hard to find her videos on Youtube. Madonna.com is completly useless. Have your back catalog remastered, have rare versions mastered and uploded on Spotify or whatever. Celebration was a huge mess just like GHV2 was. Guy should hire a devoted fan to sort it all out since she does not care or remember her own records and Guy probably don't spend his days listening to past Madonna albums. There are fans out there who know which version is the "good" version. Which pictures are the best ones ( this is another story since copyrights are involved).

:clap:

I think one issue is that they should have signed with Interscope for 1 album and not all. And with the next album they can choose a different company.

If they did that, and if they werent happy with how MDNA was handled they could have chosen something else.

The problem is that in their eyes, MDNA was a huge success. Number one album, top grossing tour, top 10 single...

image.gif

Who is this fierce woman?

Guest Rachelle of London

Who is this fierce woman?

Miss J Alexander. Catwalk and runway coach

Madonna should also stop being so dramatic about her past and strike a deal with Warner. She needs to have her past work glorified and out there. It's hard to find her videos on Youtube. Madonna.com is completly useless. Have your back catalog remastered, have rare versions mastered and uploded on Spotify or whatever. Celebration was a huge mess just like GHV2 was. Guy should hire a devoted fan to sort it all out since she does not care or remember her own records and Guy probably don't spend his days listening to past Madonna albums. There are fans out there who know which version is the "good" version. Which pictures are the best ones ( this is another story since copyrights are involved).

Totally agree.

I would totally let him crush my face with his ass, lick and smell his sweaty armpits, spit in my mouth and cum all over me face.

dirty pig :laugh: I'm excited

What do you mean? Until 2009? What's changed after that? Hard Candy and Celebration were among the 15 best-selling albums of their respective years. Similarly, MDNA debuted at # 1 in 40 countries. It was the #12 best-selling album of 2012, with virtually no promo at all. Living For Love has just debuted at #1 on the United World Charts. "Not being able to enter the charts at all" seems a bit of an exaggeration

The only difference might be that she doesn't have a 4M sized hit anymore (which was mainly a radio ploy for the US market) but so didn't the MDNA era and she still scored a #12 album with seriously scarce promo.

M fans blaming Guy Oseary for every single choice Madonna makes/has made :rotfl: What do they think her 2007 LN deal was about? Gyms, clothing lines, Dolce and Gabbana, Versace, LV, $700m in touring gross (and a couple of top 15 albums in spite of some seriously jacked up promotion - minus the Super Bowl which was fantastic), that's what it was all about and she even explained her choice at the time: "the paradigm in the music industry has changed". Who cares as long as you enjoy the music and tours?

And saying Guy has a narrow LA based perspective is a narrow take in itself as he's investing in some of the best companies out there at the moment which could benefit her career as well

This.

Also, Living For Love not a good song? Are you kidding? Have your heard what's charting today? You think that's about 'quality' or 'good music'??? My god. I always hate how this plays out with every artist - people love the new work, it doesn't perform as expected, and then it's "just not that good"... the hell? I see this all the time. It's like, have the courage of your convictions to stand by something no matter how it performs.

Also, Living For Love not a good song? Are you kidding? Have your heard what's charting today? You think that's about 'quality' or 'good music'??? My god. I always hate how this plays out with every artist - people love the new work, it doesn't perform as expected, and then it's "just not that good"... the hell? I see this all the time. It's like, have the courage of your convictions to stand by something no matter how it performs.

To be fair, Living For Love got quite a mixed reaction among fans right from the start.

To be fair, Living For Love got quite a mixed reaction among fans right from the start.

i remember it being much more highly praised than it is now.

No it didn't. Other than a small handful of people, I distinctly remember it being a very well received song.

I'm not a huge fan of Guy but there is only so much a manager can do. We need to just accept that Madonna is in decline, the general public are not as interested anymore and this is reflected in the song and album sales. It's 33 years since her debut and this is expected. To still be charting continuously at the top of the charts is amazing and we should celebrate that.

I love the demo version of LFL and think the released version, although very good, was the wrong choice to promote the album. The general public will think it's another dance album and are not going to buy it. Ghosttown should have been released and it's video available by now in time for the album release, that's another fuck up. By the time the video comes out the album will be gone already. It's just such a shambles but I don't think it's all Guys fault.

One thing I do think Guy needs to tackle especially for the new tour is her going on stage so late, a lot of the general public were very pissed off with the late starts after 10pm.

No it didn't. Other than a small handful of people, I distinctly remember it being a very well received song.

I disagree. It was a lot more than a small handful who didn't think it was good enough or the right song to be a lead single. Definitely a mixed reaction.

To be honest, I think some of the issues are M's own doing. The GP has this image of her as arrogant and condescending, which is based on her actions during the last tour, and some of the things she has said. It was her choice to come on stage so late during the MDNA tour, even though Guy Oseary kept nagging her to start earlier. She said as much during the Ellen appearance in 2012. The comments like 'basic provincials' etc are just silly and I can't believe she still shoots herself in the foot with those types of badly phrased comments. I really don't think it's a problem with the album or the singles, it's her image that people are burned out on. That's why it seems no amount of promo she is doing is helping.

No way. Everyone was orgasming over it. Only now it's a big flop are some turncoats dissing it.

LFL is one if her greatest pop songs. End of. It just didn't get any radio support and Guy sat wanking in his toilet rather than doing his fucking job.

Guy sat wanking in his toilet rather than doing his fucking job.

lol

If Madonna stopped speaking her mind, calling provincials what they are and became PC i would stop being a fan. It was already boring during the Ray of Light years and Ritchie years. She's 56, she does not need the money and to bow down to anyone, if it bothers you then it's your problem, it's HER income, HER album, HER career and HER choice to present it how she wants to present it. No matter what she says it will always be twisted to sound wrong by the media because they want her to be a Joan Crawford cliche. She does not give a shit about what some JCrew wearers are saying and so do i. They are beige, they don't exist, they are Hazelnut coffee.

No way. Everyone was orgasming over it. Only now it's a big flop are some turncoats dissing it.

LFL is one if her greatest pop songs. End of. It just didn't get any radio support and Guy sat wanking in his toilet rather than doing his fucking job.

Lots of sex talk around Guy this last days LOL

I wonder if Madonna realised that the album version wasn't working and that was the reason she introduced the Offer Nissim remix into the Grammy and Brits performances then started performed the remix altogether on her TV show performances?

I wonder if Madonna realised that the album version wasn't working and that was the reason she introduced the Offer Nissim remix into the Grammy and Brits performances then started performed the remix altogether on her TV show performances?

I think so too.LIke the Celebration remix or the Fever remix that shw used for the videos worked much better that the originals

If Madonna stopped speaking her mind, calling provincials what they are and became PC i would stop being a fan. It was already boring during the Ray of Light years and Ritchie years. She's 56, she does not need the money and to bow down to anyone, if it bothers you then it's your problem, it's HER income, HER album, HER career and HER choice to present it how she wants to present it. No matter what she says it will always be twisted to sound wrong by the media because they want her to be a Joan Crawford cliche. She does not give a shit about what some JCrew wearers are saying and so do i. They are beige, they don't exist, they are Hazelnut coffee.

Someone can speak their mind and not denigrate others in the process. It's antithetical to her revolution of love message, and quite childish actually.

End of. It just didn't get any radio support and Guy sat wanking in his toilet rather than doing his fucking job.

And you think that the job of a manager is to give millions of dollars to ageist radios so they will accept to play the song of someone they call "irrelevant" and "too old"? Really? A queen doesn't bow. Her music was heard and her tour will earn more money than what some radio earn in one year. These bitches can bow :queenbitch:

Someone can speak their mind and not denigrate others in the process. It's antithetical to her revolution of love message, and quite childish actually.

When does Madonna denigrate other people? She rarely criticizes other artists. She praises Miley Cyrus all the time when the rest of the world is attacking her. Anyway, radio airplay has nothing to do with whether people think you are nice or mean, it all has to do with age.

I disagree. It was a lot more than a small handful who didn't think it was good enough or the right song to be a lead single. Definitely a mixed reaction.

Disagree all you want...but the reactions, for the most part, other than a small handful of people here and elsewhere (at least where I check things out), were pretty damn positive. It was not a mixed reaction. That's only started since it hasn't performed according to expectations. That's how it always works.

i thought there would be a lot more Guy bashing in this thread. where are the crazies? lol

She must still be making tons of money why he hasnt been fired yet. But she does need to replace him to start fresh. If it isn't entirely guy's fault then it is Madonna's?....so is she out of touch with today's times? or is he? does every star eventually just get stuck in the past business model of doing things? Is this the case for M or no?

Maybe he does want her to do different things and push her to do more innovative things. But she probably doesn't want to. I'm pretty sure there is only so much he can make her do. She does have the final say in everything right?

Correct me if I am wrong but one of the jobs of the manager is to organice things.You can't see that the first single is failing and wait to reliese the new single and video in Late April or May.That is what i find disturbing

THIS. I wonder if some people even get what Madonna's all about? She's got strong opinions and she's been expressing them in a way that is reminiscent of the pre-ROL years, and I think some just aren't use to that. And if they affect her sales (if even), that's the hit she's willing to take. She's been down this road for 3 decades already. Another day, another dollar in Madonnaland.

No one said the "Revolution of Love" was about being PC and sugar-coating everything to not offend people so we could live in a world of puppies and rainbows. I think you're confusing that with Taylor Swift territory. She's telling her truth, from her perspective...as she has always done for 30+ years. If that affects small-minded people, you think she gives a fuck now?

When does Madonna denigrate other people? She rarely criticizes other artists. She praises Miley Cyrus all the time when the rest of the world is attacking her. Anyway, radio airplay has nothing to do with whether people think you are nice or mean, it all has to do with age.

Not other artists, but the GP. Such as the 'basic provincials' comment about Michigan, or the 'nazis' about France. She did a lot of talking down to people during the "speech" segment of MDNA tour also. I was really obsessed with that tour and saw most of the youtube videos from the cities she went to, and in that speech section it was like she was talking to the audience like they were simple minded children, which I'm sure did not go over well.

Not other artists, but the GP. Such as the 'basic provincials' comment about Michigan, or the 'nazis' about France. She did a lot of talking down to people during the "speech" segment of MDNA tour also. I was really obsessed with that tour and saw most of the youtube videos from the cities she went to, and in that speech section it was like she was talking to the audience like they were simple minded children, which I'm sure did not go over well.

But a lot of people feel that way. I grew up in the suburbs and I moved to the city for a more multi cultural experience with more artistic people and people of different races It's not attacking anyone individually. It's a fact about how certain places are. I don't think she's talking down to people in France and saying everyone there is a Nazi. It's a fact there's an anti Muslim sentiment in parts of France and Europe where they want to ban head scarves. That's one thing I don't understand about a lot of places in Europe. It seems even the most liberal countries are very anti-Muslim. My mom lives in a pretty conservative suburb of DC in Virginia. You see people wearing headscarves all the time, even full on burkas occasionally. No one even the most conservative Republicans have a problem with that or says one negative word about it.

I don't think she's talking down to people, not everyone is aware of these things. She's just talking about things that have affected her.

For the most part, she talks about bad things that are going on in society, not attacking individuals in a malicious way. If people take that personally that's on them, it's certainly not how she intended it.

Madonna was known as an arrogant megalomaniac years before 2015. If there's any damage that has been done to her career, it's due to bad timing, poor music management, and perhaps a bit of sour feelings post-MDNA's reign of terror (which I enjoyed every second of).

In short, there's not 1 person to place the blame on if you feel Madonna's music/chart success is underwhelming right now.