Are you ready for an indie Madonna?

mnino

Yes, that's why Madonna changed her sound on every record and why she's lasted so long.

But Madonna doesn't release albums every year. You missed Jazzy's point. And no, music shouldn't have to radically change every year...that progress has always taken 2 to 3 to even 4 years at best in the mainstream...so considering Madonna's usual timetable for new output, she's always been right on point with that change.

"Hard Candy", "MDNA", and "Rebel Heart" would have been the equivalent if Madonna had worked with Stock Aitken Waterman, Full Force, and Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis in the 80's.

This is so utterly ridiculous it doesn't even deserve a response...

Pat, Stephen, Shep, Andre, Orbit, Mirwais, and Stuart were nobodies and certainly not seen good enough to work with this big superstar. I don't see what's different from them and an indie producer/artist today.

That's debatable...and all depends on how you define "indie" anyway... Even indie artists get caught up in their own little worlds with their circles of writers/producers... And who cares whether those people listed were 'mainstream' (which most of them were) or 'indie' anyway...what mattered was the music they created WITH Madonna was simply good...if not phenomenal..and was certainly "mainstream" if anything ever was.

Why should it even matter whether they come from the 'mainstream' or the 'indie' world? What matters is whether the work is quality. What matters is whether they are the right artist at the right time to help make Madonna's vision a reality. If that's someone off the beaten path...go for it. If that's the mainstream hit maker of the day...go for it.

Simply being 'indie' or like it does not guarantee anything...

And Im new to this board but not a new Madonna fan and I know the LAV album isn't at the top of any fans list.

That's a huge presumption. May not be at the top of a lot of die hard fans' lists here...but overall, we wouldn't be here without it...much like the rest of her iconic 80's hits that basically laid the foundation for everything else...and why Madonna is revered in the way she is.

I love "Rebel Heart" but at the same time, a lot of that music is for the type of pop audiences who don't buy albums. Songs like "Holy Water" and "Bitch I'm Madonna" appeal to the $1.29 music lovers or free streamers.

Has nothing to do with the quality of the music...it's because most music listeners steal shit.

I'll take Rebel Heart over most of this "indie" shit any day. And songs like "Holy Water" (which is perfection) and "Bitch I'm Madonna" are simply the music she wants to make. Fuck whether it has to do with the "1.29 music lovers" or the "streamers" anyway... again, most people ain't gonna pay for shit regardless. She could write the next bible of pop music albums and they'd still steal that shit for free. She could create the next great 'indie' masterpiece, and they still would steal it. And if they ain't going to steal it, they're still going to buy the single songs they like regardless because that's the buying model now...

This idea that 'indie' alone equals "credibility" or "success" or "quality" is an illusion, period.

Dance music was indie back then. She was signed to Sire Records, no one thought she would become a big superstar pop star the way she did. But then again there was really no such thing as a Madonna back then. That's why she had so much control over her career from the start because she wasn't signed to be a big manufactured pop act.