WHAT ABOUT: when Madonna told H. Stern that Joan had an Abortion

acko

I always have had the feeling that madonna was really hard on Joan, I mean, is not her mother, but after 50 years with her father...and for me it was weird that madonna talked about thyat, I´m sure she´s not happy with it (as when she outed her brother without his permission, I think).By the way, who would have thought that Joan was the inspiration behinad PDP!!! :laugh:

Guest Rachelle of London

It seems like she's had a disagreement with her dad. When Howard mentioned that her father raised her M said "hmmm not really" anyone else pick up on that

It seems like she's had a disagreement with her dad. When Howard mentioned that her father raised her M said "hmmm not really" anyone else pick up on that

She said 'Hmmm...yeah, yeah. When he wasn't working'.

Guest Rachelle of London

well, but was normal back then, right? even now, if one of the parents is working...it´s impossible to be in two different places at the same time!

Exactly the man had 8 kids to look after. Just because he worked a lot doesn't mean he didn't raise her. At the beginning of the interview she made sure to state that just because she works hard and has nannies doesn't mean she doesn't raise her kids. It seemed rather negative towards her Dad.

Back then (and still now) prepubescent kids of poorer backgrounds were pretty much given responsibilities to cook, clean and look after siblings. Especially if you were a girl. I think why Madonna was hesitant to agree with Howard was because she she missed out on emotional side of nurturing that her father couldn't provide and which she expected would have come from her mother had she lived. I mean, she spelt it out in the interview that her father was closed off emotionally. When she was challenged herself about the nannies raising her kids she shot back about how she provides the love, nurturing and wisdom for them to aspire to be secure and successful - something they can't give, showing her thoughts on what raising kids is about.

Guest Rachelle of London

Back then (and still now) prepubescent kids of poorer backgrounds were pretty much given responsibilities to cook, clean and look after siblings. Especially if you were a girl. I think why Madonna was hesitant to agree with Howard was because she she missed out on emotional side of nurturing that her father couldn't provide and which she expected would have come from her mother had she lived. I mean, she spelt it out in the interview that her father was closed off emotionally. When she was challenged herself about the nannies raising her kids she shot back about how she provides the love, nurturing and wisdom for them to aspire to be secure and successful - something they can't give, showing her thoughts on what raising kids is about.

Very true. I never thought of it that way.

This discussion made me flash back to listening to Mother & Father:

My Mother died when I was five
And all I did was sit and cry
I cried and cried and cried all day
Until the neighbors went away

They couldn't take my loneliness
I couldn't take their phoniness
My Father had to go to work
I used to think he was a jerk

I didn't know his heart was broken
And not another word was spoken
He became a shadow of
The father I was dreaming of

I made a vow that I would never need
Another person ever
Turned my heart into a cage
A victim of a kind of rage

Guest Pud Whacker

Or is she referring 2 the first half-breed Ciccone? Did she come back WITH a baby?

i think thats what happened!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I stumbled upon this while looking for something else. From Q interview in 2003

Because when I was growing up there was always a lot of death around me. My mother died, my uncle died, my grandfather died, all in a really short space of time. My father re-married and had a child with my step-mother, and that child died

I stumbled upon this while looking for something else. From Q interview in 2003

Because when I was growing up there was always a lot of death around me. My mother died, my uncle died, my grandfather died, all in a really short space of time. My father re-married and had a child with my step-mother, and that child died

Interesting

I still need a bit of clarification on this.

Madonna said Joan went away and had a child with another man. So did she have an abortion or what? Do you reckon this child is one of the half siblings? I'm so confused.

In those days women who fell pregnant by accident out of wedlock gave the baby up for adoption. Joan more than likely went away while pregnant so no one knew. this was common practice back in the day. totally barbaric

joan definitely had a wild night - got preggo - went to a nunnery to have the kid which was given up for adoption - and came back good as new

Edited by madonnelly

all this misinformation is what u get when u diddle the nanny, lol

its all very prince charge & camille if u ask me. There is only one mother - and thats Madonna's mother -- Madonnna. bitch