I wonder why

Guest bluejean

Guest bluejean

I wonder why she decided to sample Michael Jackson in Heartbreak City. I wonder if there's any connection between the lyrics and MJ or the song They Don't Care About Us.

I mean clearly there's no obvious connection that we can see but it would be interesting to know how it came about and if there's any story behind it.

Not even remotely close to a MJ sample IMO

It sounds identical to the drop loop from "They Don't Really Care About Us." Whether it's a sample or recreation, or intentional or not, is unclear since there are no credits.

Guest bluejean

I need to give it another listen but it seems pretty apparent to me that it's an MJ sample. Or a very close replica.

It does sound like a sample to me too. It's a bit buried in the final version, but it's very noticeable in the demo.

If you can't make it out, skip to 2.20, that's when it comes kicking in. It's the same beat as this one from 0.20 on:

It's quite similar or it does remind at least me of that particular beat, but I don't think it's a direct sample per se. And also that beat is pretty common 'sample' on so called public domain beat samples on many devices that are used to produce such things :) But yeah I did notice it too and I do like it!

couldbe: didn´t do the same with Sorry and can you feel it´s bass?

that was a very similar to near identical bassline, but was recreated by stuart price - this sounds like a distorted sample to my ears. As someone said its far more noticable!