19th Anniversary of LOVE DON'T LIVE HERE ANYMORE

horn

Let's celebrate the 19th anniversary (or 29th for Japan) of one of the most iconic Madonna songs! :dramatic:

Madonna-Love-Dont-Live-He-61457.jpgMI0001830281.jpg

Release Date: 19 March 1996

Original Japan only release date: March 1986

One of her lowest budget video :dramatic:

back in the day the video dissappointed me: now, after the videos we have seen, it looks to me like a good ideaa: simple, but "good looking", not cheap looking: I would have loved one like this for Miles away, or Masterpiece

There's nothing iconic about this song, I think this word is getting a little overused these days. Either that or the young ones on here are using it out of context. When I think of something that is iconic, it's something that stands the test of time, something that sets trends or starts a new zeitgeist. Vogue is iconic, Ray of Light is iconic for e.g. LDLHA is not iconic, not even to the Madonna fan community.

Who says LDLHA didn't stand the test of time?

It was hated by so many M fans since its first release until now.

It is to this aspect that made LDLHA "iconic".

Think fairy tales evil queens & stepmothers. :crazy:

I used to love this track but now it's one of those tracks which I can't listen to anymore because it sends the wrong vibes down my throat.

The remixes we got on the maxi single were pretty good and it also gave us the fabulous album edit <3

The video is very haunting and intriguing as it is. It's just a shame you barely get to see a close up if Madge's face until the very end.

I also found the rare Aussie card sleeve single pressing for only $10. A bargain!!

Edited by Martini123

I love the original 1984 version. Don't really care for the STR remix or the Soulpower remix, but there are some really great remixes for it. My favs are: Ealy Morning Dubs and Extended Journey Mix.

I used to love this track but now it's one of those tracks which I can't listen to anymore because it sends the wrong vibes down my throat.

The remixes we got on the maxi single were pretty good and it also gave us the fabulous album edit <3

The video is very haunting and intriguing as it is. It's just a shame you barely get to see a close up if Madge's face until the very end.

I also found the rare Aussie card sleeve single pressing for only $10. A bargain!!

tumblr_lwy4iiIrOD1qguvc9o1_500.gif

Is there a demonic message hidden in the video that I'm not aware of?