25th Anniversary of VOGUE

Platinum Gold

Anyone 37+ should remember the MTV Make Your Own Madonna Vogue Video Contest. I wish I could watch the commercial again.

I'm so nostalgic about 1990 and the Madonnamania =/

Edited by madmex

It was initially recorded as the bside for KIT. Unusual for her to do but that is the story told by both M and Shep. I think Shep just took initiative and sent her some sort of track/demo he thought could become something. She obviously had liked his prior mixes for her (and others) so she was up for it.

I expect she liked both his enthusiasm and the track he sent. Remember she fell out with Pat over the Shep LAP mixes. Pat hated them. Perhaps Madonna wanted to have some fun and she found it with Shep. Vogue is unlike anything she did with Pat.

I was just talking about Vogue the other day with my bestie. I could never pick a single favorite/best Madonna song of all time, but gun to my head, if I had to, I would choose Vogue. It is iconic. It is quintessential. It is a classic and it is timeless. And it's the best pop video ever made. I never get sick of listening to Vogue and I will never forget the first time I heard it.

I was walking into the cast/crew party for a high school musical I had been involved with and it was playing on the speakers out back in the pool area. I had never in my life heard bass like that. It cut straight through me. I still remember watching the woofers thump. Amazing. It really was Vogue that prompted me to go back and revisit all the Madonna I knew (and some I had forgotten) and realize what a big fan I was. Then I got the Immaculate Collection when it came out and it was all over for me! LOL!