25th Anniversary of VOGUE

Platinum Gold

Best. Song. Ever. (As is obvious by my username).

Hands down my absolute favorite, quintessential Madonna song. Period. The pounding bass, the elegant pianos, the arrangement, the iconic rap...

And no matter how popular...to this day, it sounds as fresh as ever. Never gets tiring. Musical theater and Pop perfection all in one.

And in the history of iconic pop songs, it forever remains at the top. The definition of a timeless classic.

Long live Vogue.

I remember reading in a newspaper that she had a new song called Vigue: I thought it was something related to the magazine!!! and a few weeks later the video was shown in spain: I recorded it, and fell in love with everything that has a slight relation to the song. Still am in love.My friends didn´t like it, it was full of electronic sounds for them, they prefered the old madonna, LAP, TB...Vogue was too modern for them!

Wow how fast time flies. Yesterday was the 25th anniversary of Depeche Mode's "Violator" and now the 25th anniversary of this classic track. It still holds up amazingly well. I wonder if this will still be included in the setlist for the RH Tour. I wouldn't mind it as long as she does something different with it.

To think what an injustice it would be if this had only stayed the B-side to "Keep It Together" and an album track on "I'm Breathless". Too good to stay in the vaults!

Total classic song. 1990 was such a good year for Madonna on so many leveis,both artistically and commercially. Vogue still gives me life a quarter of a century later.

If the greatest pop song of all time.

No other popstar could've ever been able to deliver a song in such an elegant, arrogant, pompous, and simply amazing way. Her "Vogue" persona is what makes her MADONNA.

FUCK YOU Sinead O'Connor Bitch for stealing Video of the Year and Female video at the VMAs. FUCK YOU.

oh, and of course...

vogue.png

Enough said.

Guest Rocco Papa

Oh, and can't wait for an updated version of this with the HOLY WATER/VOGUE mashup from the Rebel Heart Tour.

:confessions:

I was just going to post this video!! You beat me to it! :thumbsup:

FUCK YOU Sinead O'Connor Bitch for stealing Video of the Year and Female video at the VMAs. FUCK YOU.

Yes and where is she now? No one gives a shit. Same as that other bitch who won all those awards for "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill" back in 99.

I remember Vogue coming out of the blue. At the end of the Chart Show they had the 'coming next week' clips and the Vogue video just appeared! It was just the rap part so I had no idea how the whole song sounded. It was completely unexpected so such a great surprise.

Just found this on a Russian site. Slam and Jose celebrate Vogue's anniversary!

Yes and where is she now? No one gives a shit. Same as that other bitch who won all those awards for "The Miseducation Of" back in 99.

Well to be fair Lauryn Hill deserved to win that year and Madonna had already taken everything home for ROL at the 1998 VMAs which was ROL's year anyway. The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill was released in December 1998

She still won for 1999 Beautiful Stranger :laugh:

Now O'Connor / Vogue that I second

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only Madonna can release a song that after 25 years still feels fresh and cool and like it was released yesterday :bow:

Madonna-did-not-steal-Patricia-Field%E2%

:bow:

Guest Hunterlas

Every bitch in the game wishes they had one song that was a fraction of the impact/success/iconography of a song like "Vogue".

VogueMusic, we might not always agree... but when we do, I feel like clapping to your posts lol