Madonna on Ellen: continued

I think it's time for an updatted rankette of the RH era live tracks!!!

1. Joan of Arc (Ellen)

2. Ghosttown (Italia)

3. Ghosttown (Ellen)

4= Ghosttown (Jonathan Ross)

4= Ghosttown (France)

6. Devil Pray (Italia)

7. Living for Love (Grammys)

8. Living for Love (France)

9. Living for Love (Jonathan Ross)

10. Living for Love (Ellen)

11. Living for Love (BRITs)

I've been a fan since 2004...you don't understand, this is the best fucking era I've ever got to experience :cries: :cries: :cries: it's better than COADF which was amazing! :cries: :cries: :cries:

I'm so happy that you are experiencing the Rebel Heart era!! Truly glorious:

crying.gif

Guest bluejean

I still think Living For Love at the Brits is the best. Just imagine it without the fall and her vocals better. God...what a performance it would've been :s

Agree. Although I love the Grammy's with that ending.

I still think Living For Love at the Brits is the best. Just imagine it without the fall and her vocals better. God...what a performance it would've been :s

But the fall happened and it affected the performance and that's why it's at the bottom of my rankette. I can't rank the perfs based on what I can imagine. I rank them based on the perfs themselves.

Of course it was spectacular the way she carried on with the perf after the fall. But let's not get into that one again..

I think as her voice has matured she is finding she has a larger lower range that she is really becoming gorgeously comfortable with, which then allows her to stretch further into her falsetto. This gives her a better reachable range without fatiguing her voice. It's magnificent to have her so closely mic'ed with just reverb. She sounds really intimate in the mix.

Edited by MLVCPR

Brits, Grammys, Ghosttown (Ellen) and JOA (Ellen) are the top performances for me. Outstanding, all of them.

I would flip the Brits and Grammys, but that fall only to rise back Up up up... maybe, it's a toss up?

Omg they did edit the 9/11 footage from the backdrop

Probably for the best. I am surprised the American Right didn't go after her for using it before.

I guess it's because most Republican Madonna fans are still in the closet, even in 2015.

I just don't like watching the Brits perf. Even th on replay the fall is like a few seconds it was like an eternity live. That and the microphone thud.

Ugh

Probably for the best. I am surprised the American Right didn't go after her for using it before.

I guess it's because most Republican Madonna fans are still in the closet, even in 2015.

Madonna has Republican fans?? :lol:

I just don't like watching the Brits perf. Even th on replay the fall is like a few seconds it was like an eternity live. That and the microphone thud.

Ugh

I feel you. It's uncomfortable and I always cringe even knowing what's coming. It does inspire the fuck outta me though, but again, I know what you mean.

Brits, Grammys, Ghosttown (Ellen) and JOA (Ellen) are the top performances for me. Outstanding, all of them.

Agreed. So many stellar moments this era!

Watching these performances of LFL, GT and now JOA, I ask myself...whatever happened to some love for Rebel Heart?...back when the Avicci demo leaked most of us were in love with the song and now not even Madonna herself sings or performs the Album title song?...what the fuck happened?...lol...it may not even become a single?..I would have loved her to perform this, especially if using some kind of remix version.....it is really peculiar because I think it is a great song, although I did feel disenchanted with the album version.

Ugh

Okay, I'll shut up after this, but...

Watching these performances of LFL, GT and now JOA, I ask myself...whatever happened to some love for Rebel Heart?...back when the Avicci demo leaked most of us were in love with the song and now not even Madonna herself sings or performs the Album title song?...what the fuck happened?...lol...it may not even become a single?..I would have loved her to perform this, especially if using some kind of remix version.....it is really peculiar because I think it is a great song, although I did feel disenchanted with the album version.

It went from being the song with the most hit potential to completely forgettable. I think after the leak Madonna felt she had to change it, unfortunately it lost a lot of it's momentum. A remix performance of this song I feel could really take off, the consensus from the leak was nearly universal acclaim.