Madonna on Ellen: continued

Guest ziggy

You can hardly write something incorrect about an album when there are 50 and counting leaked demos available.

This was before a single demo had leaked, way back when M was jailed inside a recording studio with Natalia Kills, Avicii, and a bottle of rose.

And yes, Tribe first reported she would sing TAB.

Edited by ziggy

The Ghosttown performance was amazing, as were LFL and JOA. I believe we are going to see more of the GT/JOA sorts of performance in the future, focusing on her voice rather than a full on spectacle. I am not saying ONLY this sort of performance, but definitely more of this. She is a show girl, so she will always bring costumes and dancing, but I have a strong feeling she will focus more on voice-centered, somewhat stripped down performances. I feel she truly shines in this arena, and this week of Ellen has been pure heaven for me.

Totally agree. Maybe not on this tour, although she said it would be more intimate. But she did mention doing a tour where it would be more stripped down with the music and guitar and some funny stories. As a vocalist, she touches me so much, so emotional and heartfelt.

They hinted at Take A Bow and then nothing.

Anyway, she was great during Dress You Up. So funny and her voice was awesome!

M is a great vocalist. Unique voice. None of that acrobatic basic bullshit.

It was such a lovely week and a true treat to us :) And yeah the DYU was hilarious and sounded pretty damn good :) It could make a comeback for this tour. (and god I hope TAB will finally be included)

I just re-watched the performance of Joan of Arc on Ellen's official youtube and I think I was even more moved than the first time. Everything about it is so raw and beautiful I am just at a loss for words

Also, I know it shouldn't matter ( :wink:) , but most of the top youtube comments on that video are really lovely, I was genuinely surprised. People seem really endeared by her vulnerability and I think she connected on a more human level to those who aren't used to seeing her in that way. It's wonderful to see people appreciating her as a genuine artist and not just a singer or performer.

I thought that they did full sets on iHeart Radio Festival. It's a festival after all.

Btw the Dress You Up skit was hilarious. I loved this Ellen week so much :inlove:

The festival and award show are seperate events.

The festival takes place in Vegas and its always sold out quickly, hope Madonna considers joining the acts this year...would be a good chance to preview the tour before it starts

I thought I saw a picture of Madonna with Ellen where it said that she talked about Kanye. And there was a pic of Madonna with Kanye in the background?? I don't remember this at all in any of the Ellen shows this week. Was a part of the interview left out/not aired?

Tbh, DYU was amazing for me, it was a sketch but I'm in love with the performance one of the best ones of this era, I need her to sing it in the tour.

no

The "tease" was just a play on words; just as when those initial descriptions for her appearances were posted- the one utilized many of her song titles.

i really don't understand why some took it too literal... it's obvious it's just a write-up ala VVV...

but don't get me wrong, i would have like a TAB performance or even Cherish